It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Murdoch to step down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

James Murdoch to step down

news.ie.msn.com

James Murdoch is to step down as executive chairman of News International, it was announced today.

Parent company News Corporation said in a statement the move would allow him to focus on expanding the company’s international TV businesses.

Mr Murdoch has faced intense scrutiny in the wake of the News of the World phone hacking scandal.

The company said Mr Murdoch, who is its deputy chief operating officer, was stepping down from the role in NI, which is its UK publishing unit, following his
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I don't know anything about this phone hacking (seems inconsequential and trivial in the scheme of corruption) so I'm left assuming they're getting ready to reshuffle the puppets. He'll probably just head on down to Paraguay counting his billions every step of the way. End story

news.ie.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 29-2-2012 by Human_Alien because: grammar

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Not completely inconsequential, this is starting to head to the heart of the Met police, armed forces, civil servants, all basically on the pay roll of the paper, in a back hand way, wait and see if it hits the US section of News International

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
They are trying to save the paper.

The Murdoch influence has become synonymous with "do as you please" corruption...

and virtual proof that "money can buy justice."

The sad part is we are still walking around thinking it was just him/them..... I promise you - it wasn't. Our "media" is a "Mafia-like" operation too.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
So is he stepping down, to disassociate himself with the Murdoch trillions in case he gets sued? Because according to what I just read (and since lost the link. Had too many windows opened....) his reply to the allegations was: ..........he was unaware of any indication that hacking was rife at the News of the World, a claim disputed by former colleagues.
That should do the trick. Deny and play ignorant. Can't see why he'd be held responsible!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
They are trying to save the paper.

The Murdoch influence has become synonymous with "do as you please" corruption...

and virtual proof that "money can buy justice."

The sad part is we are still walking around thinking it was just him/them..... I promise you - it wasn't. Our "media" is a "Mafia-like" operation too.

I tend to agree with you because from what I am reading, in an attempt to get briefed on this 'case'...he doesn't appear to be the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Isn't Ruppert among one of the richest in the world?

When or if this goes to trial...it'll be a complete farce and utter mockery of the system.
Daddy will get him off. Not justice. So why bother?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FFS4000
reply to post by Human_Alien

Not completely inconsequential, this is starting to head to the heart of the Met police, armed forces, civil servants, all basically on the pay roll of the paper, in a back hand way, wait and see if it hits the US section of News International

I agree. I meant inconsequential as far as being punished. Hell, we can have a vice president shoot someone and be found an accident. Not saying it was. Just wasn't brought to trial to hear.

The rich and justice are repelling forces. One overrides the other.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Now, imagine what Benjamin Fulford will say about it...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Into a botmless pit i was hoping to find inside here

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

i know this is off topic but do mods/supermods get paid?,just wundering.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
Now, imagine what Benjamin Fulford will say about it...

Oh give it time. Kerry will probably have an exclusive with him followed by some the divine words from Wilcock and his infinite knowledge!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
reply to post by Maxmars

i know this is off topic but do mods/supermods get paid?,just wundering.

You don't value your membership too much do ya?

How come this isn't getting more posts and opinions? What?.....not controversial enough? Probably not.
I s'pose I'm digressing.....

Lemme go check if our Sun's doing okay, the Moon's still in place and the planet is still intact. Stay tuned!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Perhaps youve missed the resignation s thread???
Rather three whole threads on them now....
This could be just one more elite headed for the bunkers.....
Seems its a fad these days.....

new topics

top topics

join