It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US soldier who gave info to Wikileak nominated for nobel peace prize!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
sorry but this is all i could think about reading the OP

none the less i hope he wins. what he did was huge and having the impact it did on society should definitely be congratulated.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

next time I'll see him, if I ever do, I'll give him a pat on the back and say "Thank you, Patriot." and try to engage in a conversation to see what he knows.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Little Bradley did nothing so honorable or noble. He violated an oath he freely took and volunteered to serve. Without any question, he gave aid and comfort to the enemies of our nation during a shooting war and ongoing conflicts around the world. He did all this by betraying himself, his oath and the service he freely volunteered for (That really is an important point) while benefiting from and enjoying all the pay and benefits FROM the very service he so gleefully betrayed. .

So the journalist was the enemy? Evil will always prosper when good men do nothing. I do not disagree that he took an oath to service that journalist was clearly murdered even if it was under orders whoever gave the order to shoot used the soldier like a tool to further their own agenda.
Standing up for what is right despite the mud slinging will always shine through. Soldiers are brainwashed in boot to tow the company line to survive. This is one soldier that saw something wrong happening and instead of hiding behind orders shone a light on the dirty secrets being kept from the people the military is supposed to serve.
He never "betrayed himself "he was true to himself and what he believed. Accusing him of betraying himself is simply you slinging mud sir. Company man?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Wow... I sure became public enemy #1 on this thread. lol...

I'm coming back to simply say that I appreciate the fact everyone has their own opinions on this. I hate Manning. I don't have hard feelings about anyone who support him. Not in the least... That is freedom, after all.

Having said that and as my final note on this topic or anything to do with Manning where entirely new material isn't involved....I'll say this. A man who finds a problem, stands in daylight, and announces it is a man I respect. However that material came and whatever the long term repercussions. If getting the information out came by committing outright criminal acts, the the man still has to answer for that. THAT is what makes coming forward something to respect. The willingness to take the lumps for doing what is right..and to heck with everyone. THAT I can respect.

Sneaking the same thing out in secret...then deliberately hiding and cowering from investigators who are looking for the person who did it, changes everything about the man who leaked. Nobility becomes cowardice and Honor becomes shame.

Some do the right thing, some do the wrong thing..and the act itself it largely the same. One method is something to applaud, the other is something to prosecute. It's just that simple to some..and I'm sure among them.

..and that is my final answer.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I think some fail to realize that some of us see bradley manning as a whistleblower who exposed the dark deeds of our government. Some of us applaud such things. You may see it as him betraying an oath but i, for one, believe that oaths are meant to be broken if it serves to expose truths and possibly save lives. There are many things we would never know about what atrocities our government has commited if it weren't for whistleblowers. How else our we supposed to keep tabs on our own gov't which makes it its business to perfect its cloak of secrecy and calculated agendas to find the most effective way to gain more money and power?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wow, we disagree on our opinions of Manning, but i totally respect your thoughtful argument.

I'm not sure i agree with you (i'd have to think about that some more), but you have a very valid point about how he broke an oath and should suffer consequences regardless of intention.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Yeah... Others nominate him for a Peace Prize. I'll sit back and quietly hope a Military Trial nominates him for a firing squad or a good hanging. I have respect for WIki and Assange. It's taken a lot of thinking to sort out feelings on this but Assange isn't American in the first place...and he did what every News Organization has done for decades. He got the scoop and package of a lifetime and passed it along.

Little Bradley did nothing so honorable or noble. He violated an oath he freely took and volunteered to serve. Without any question, he gave aid and comfort to the enemies of our nation during a shooting war and ongoing conflicts around the world. He did all this by betraying himself, his oath and the service he freely volunteered for (That really is an important point) while benefiting from and enjoying all the pay and benefits FROM the very service he so gleefully betrayed.

Assange = Someone to respect...whether agreement ever figures into it.

Manning = Someone to see sentenced to the full and proper term Treason carries..whether agreement ever figures into it or not.

Pretty sure he realised he betrayed himself when he took that oath, gotta save your soul somehow...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I agree. If you can't abide by the oath you took, you need to tell your commanding officer and resign from the military.

Yeah... Others nominate him for a Peace Prize. I'll sit back and quietly hope a Military Trial nominates him for a firing squad or a good hanging. I have respect for WIki and Assange. It's taken a lot of thinking to sort out feelings on this but Assange isn't American in the first place...and he did what every News Organization has done for decades. He got the scoop and package of a lifetime and passed it along.

Little Bradley did nothing so honorable or noble. He violated an oath he freely took and volunteered to serve. Without any question, he gave aid and comfort to the enemies of our nation during a shooting war and ongoing conflicts around the world. He did all this by betraying himself, his oath and the service he freely volunteered for (That really is an important point) while benefiting from and enjoying all the pay and benefits FROM the very service he so gleefully betrayed.

Assange = Someone to respect...whether agreement ever figures into it.

Manning = Someone to see sentenced to the full and proper term Treason carries..whether agreement ever figures into it or not.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Soldier take an oath to protect and defend the Constitution. They don't take an oath to cover up the murder of innocent civilians. The military betrayed the values it was supposed to put above all else - now it exists merely to as a means to transfer taxpayer money to war profiteers.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Nobel Peace Prize?
Ooooooooooof course he will be nominated. He is working against the USA and broke his oath to serve America. The Nobel Peace Prize folks are not exactly USA-huggers. Anyways, he's in good company .. mass murdering pedophile Arafat and bomb-more-countries-than-Bush43 Obama.

The Nobel Peace Prize has turned into a sick joke.

Exposing war crimes that have been covered up is serving America far better than participating in efforts to conceal them. America needs to be protected from the politicians that have run its integrity into the ground

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
His oath is really to mankind, not the sickos running the US government.

That's just plain wrong. He gave an oath to the United States of America.
2nd line.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That's just plain wrong. He gave an oath to the United States of America. 2nd line.

Remember all the Nazis that gave an oath. Well that never stopped the Nuremberg Trials after the war. Each and every solider is responsible for there action. He reported war crimes and that in itself should not be a crime. Yet here you are blindly defending those responsible for the murder of between 1-2 million civilians. Give yourself a big pat on the back..
edit on 6-3-2012 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
Yet here you are blindly defending those responsible for the murder of between 1-2 million civilians.

Yet here you are blindly repeating propaganda numbers that you can't back up with hard facts.
Yet here you are blindly deflecting from the facts of what was said.
The poster claimed that the soldier was supposed to be a soldier for the whole world.
I CORRECTLY replied that he is a soldier for the USA. His oath was to the USA, not the world.

Give yourself a big pat on the back..

Grow up. The guy was wrong and he broke his oath.
NOTHING came from the Wikileaks except he harmed international diplomacy.
The guy is a tool. And so are you for believing the propaganda in his favor.
THE END.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join