It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first moon pics.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
amazing, i really enjoyed these, thanks for sharing op!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Fantastic photos & vid! Looking forward to seeing more and especially photos of the planets, thats if you plan to take any photos of them.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ficargul

Thanks for looking Ficargul !
I do plan to shoot the planets,I am trying to learn more each day about how to do so.
My main problem is the weather preventing me from taking pics...I work funny hours,which prevents me from making the most of the sky sadly.

It seems when I get some time off,the sky goes cloudy.

It will be a long process,but I will keep trying.
And one day I will get some good results to show you all I hope.
That is my mission.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
That video is incredible Silicone, so are you close up shots!

What camera settings are you using while shooting?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jesiaha

Manual focus,different ISO settings for different shots.
For the close up shots,like the part at the end of the vid,I used the cameras "crop mode"which sort of acts like a digital zoom.
The vid was shot in 50fps mode at 720HD settings.That is cool because if I wish to slow the shot down,I can just record the vid at 24FPS,giving an almost half speed view of the Moon moving.

Thanks for looking!
More to come when the weather gets better.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
aren't slow motions quality better when you have more frames per seconds? if you're recording at 24 fps it will still record at normal speed, it just wont be as fluid and smooth.
I use Twixtor pluging for Adobe After Effects to make ultra slow motions and the less fps you have from a recording the more the software will try to compensate for it...and it show

edit on 20-3-2012 by jesiaha because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2012 by jesiaha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Sorry I didn't explain properly.
I record at 50fps,then to slow down I just use the first 24 when I render my first second of video.then the next 24 frames becomes the 2nd second of video If you see what I mean.
When done like that,what is originally 1seconds worth of footage,becomes 2 seconds of edited video.
Thus slowing down the speed of the footage to just under 50%.

(What recorded in one second,plays back over 2 seconds)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Wonderful thread.

Are all those pictures taken by you on the link? Really excellent equipment, and thank you for sharing.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Sorry I didn't explain properly.
I record at 50fps,then to slow down I just use the first 24 when I render my first second of video.then the next 24 frames becomes the 2nd second of video If you see what I mean.
When done like that,what is originally 1seconds worth of footage,becomes 2 seconds of edited video.
Thus slowing down the speed of the footage to just under 50%.

(What recorded in one second,plays back over 2 seconds)

Makes sense, I get it now lol

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Yes,all taken by me.
Only still learning the basics with my new camera,so hope I will be able to do better someday.
Can't wait to do more when the weather allows it.

Thanks for looking Unity_99

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I have two more videos on Youtube,
First one was filmed yesterday,March 28th.
Second one is a compilation of the last month in pics,but with a daylight moon video from today,March 29th.

I edited these myself (my first editing since the days when you would physically cut the tape),on windows live movie thing-everyone seems to hate it,but its an easy to use prog I think.

Also,check out this thread-This Guy has a lot more knowledge and experience than me-Notice he was filming the moon last night same as my 1st video-With a better setup than mine.And I suspect a cleaner atmosphere.We caught some of the same craters,and as you can see my footage is lagging far behind.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hmmm,Much to learn I have.

edit on 29/3/2012 by Silcone Synapse because: yt code error

edit on 29/3/2012 by Silcone Synapse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join