It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

james tuchel 19 years old creates water powered hybrid car

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
i wonder if a car could run on heavy or simi heavy water better than normal water?
edit on 29-2-2012 by moekuba because: forgot to finish the sentance

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I'm looking at it from the perspective of extracting energy from the engine via the alternator to make hydrogen to feed back into the engine perspective. And also from the amount of hydrogen extractable from a litre of water and the energy content of same. I

Now if you could use some of the waste heat from the engine to do this then that would be a different matter.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by EasyPleaseMe

Yep, that is the best logical reason for it NOT to work. I agree!

But, for example, I had a 2004 Nissan Titan 4x4 truck. It got 14 miles per gallon if it was driving city, highway, loaded, or unloaded. 14 mpg if it was going uphill, downhill, didn't matter. In fact, I pulled a trailer, with a 1999 mustang over 1000 miles. It got 14 mpg on the way there with the trailer, and it got 14 mpg on the way back without the trailer.

So, in that situation, there is obviously a lot of wasted power. One could hook up several additional "loads" on the engine, such as generators. The gas mileage wouldn't be increased by those loads, but if you feed the product of the electrolysis back into the engine as combustible fuel, then it could increase the gas mileage.

Identifying and exploiting these wastes are where a lot of opportunities lie. As you said, the heat is another one. I think it is somewhere around 70% of the potential energy of gasoline is wasted as heat loss.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by moekuba

yea i just went out for lunch here and saw the 3.69 is gone, and like you stated, gas here in indy is now at $3.89 as well. i have heard from many friends across the globe though that we still have it the best in America. i have friends in other parts of the world show me where gas is upwards of $8-9 a gallon.

if that happened here, we would collapse lol. simple as that- unless a new currency or new energy source come to replace...we 99% think we have it rough now lol; if gas keeps climbing its going to be a lot worse

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I don't even think you'd gain that much efficency even with different electrolytes in the water, go too far and its not even water anymore.

I don't think you can achieve an increase in efficeincy.
First off, you're not gaining any power from the hydrogen, you're given the hydrogen power via the battery, I'll try to the chemistry for you but energy is lost through the reaction in the form of heat. So even if you managed to get a perfect transfer going on, you'd end up losing some of the energy that you'd put into the battery before you start. Remeber, the power from the battery has to come from somewhere. Also, nobody has accounted for the drag you'd gain from having a massive tank of water.

You might gain 30% more driving ability from having this in your car, but it wont be 30% more efficient.

Even with refinements. You wont be more efficient than just using fuel normally. Sure you will last longer with a tank, but lasting longer is not efficiency. You'd be using more power charging the 12v battery than you'd be gaining.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

So then based on all your failed experiments this cannot be true? 0_o Well sure glad you could let us know by stating how you failed completely and give no other examples and not even a video or photograph of the data from your failure. Keep on failing and see if that works.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ThoughtIsMadness

I'm contributing my personal experience in the matter. I suppose I could construct my own detailed thread on the many variations of the experiment we performed, but I don't have the time. I work full-time, coach T-ball, coach Karate, take graduate classes, spend time with my wife, build concrete benches and tables, do odd construction jobs, and I am an ASE Certified Automotive Technician with a degree in Chemical Engineering. You can take my word for it or not, or better yet you can go do your own experiments. I'm not saying it can't work because I say so, I'm saying it can't work because Physics says so.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by EasyPleaseMe
reply to post by JAsay1LOVE

You'll always hear this from the Brits but it's about $8.50 per gallon over here. And my main car only does 19mpg

oh man. thats crazy, idk how you do it my friend lol. i could not afford to live paying those sorts of prices for gas. id have to imagine that its not just the gas like that- food, shelter, medicine- all have to be crazy high, i would think. lets hope someone can bring us out of the gas age, and open us up to a new, less monopolized fuel lol

idk if water is the way to go though as most would humor the notion blue gold is going to suffer the same fate as all other resources

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Im thinking that based on the fact that the source article is 2 and a half (Aug 2010) years old that this idea just wasn't viable.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
you guys know you can run motors from woodgas-Hydrogen?
www.soilandhealth.org...
this is a F.E.M.A doc download pdf from back in the day when FEMA were good guys

this isn't even experimental it was done widely in ww2

just in case the SHTF and you need to something that works

support anything that gets rid of oil power

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Im not sure a wood gasifier is a very good idea. This is from page 5 of the PDF you just linked:

because of the wood gasifiers low efficiency, inconvenience of operation and the potential health risks of toxic fumes most of such units became abandoned when oil became available in 1945

edit on 29-2-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

have you drunk out of the gulf of Mexico lately?
(LOL)

My point is there is a way to make this work....
It may not be in chasing the stuff that as Getready has already said isn't physically possible.

lets just say you just ran straight H2 into the place where the carb used to be mixed with O2 which is regulated by a simple valve as in the woodgas doc...
and kept the wood gas genny at home filling bottles....
edit on 29-2-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

lol , i try to avoid drinking sea water whenever possible.

Im all for discovering alternatives to oil but science has yet to find anything viable. For example all these bio fules sound like a good idea until you start doing the math and realize just how much you would have to grow to keep the world running. I think theres lots of things that can work in a limited fashion on a small scale but so far nothing can replace oil. Hopefully one day someone will work out a decent efficient alternative.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Ah but Middle TN State University in Murfreesboro TN proved you CAN USE THE SUN to solve the loss of energy in a closed system. PROBLEM SOLVED. Only the ostriches and idiots have not noticed that MTSU did this feat TWENTY YEARS ago, 20. Nissan of North America in Smryna TN built the motor. A NASA device was in the design and the company, seemingly seeking to throttle the invention, wanted 1 Million $ for the device used on the Space Station to generate the hydrogen they use for power and the oxogen they use to breath (BRILLIANT). I saw an article last week where a new Japanese company has built their line of these same cars using the basic tech that one Dr. Ricketts of MTSU fame designed but will now not get credit. Sorry, for busting the bubble of those who would stifle progress that takes the oil money away from those who hate the Western society. but this has been proven and the sheep are not allowed to see it on Mainstream news outltets, PERIOD.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Now when I see a thread about a new design I point out MTSU because we have been LIED TO about this whole thing all along. I was at an EPA function many years ago and the museum we had our event held at was doing an experiment with solar panels and batteries. At 1O PM we were watching the museum make H2 and O2 using stored solar energy. The curator was estatic. The EPA leaders said to us "Big Oil is running things behing the scenes". That is my story and I am sticking to it.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Justoneman

That MTSU design sound pretty ingenius. Not trying to be lazy, but since you are already aware of it, can you find the patent or research for it? I'd be very interested to see if it is something we can implement in a home or a vehicle. If the patent is 20 years old, then we can probably use the same design for our own purposes.

Please shoot a link to the research or the patent or the design.

What you say makes sense. There is also research at Cal Tech for "anti-gravity" that has been successful, and the secret to it is expanding the "closed system" to include the whole universe. By expanding the "system" they can create anti-gravity without violating any laws of physics. They have been able to use a pulse type system to raise silicon wafers (without the super-cooling, magnetics, or electrostatic tricks). They can then use the same method that raises the wafer to put torque on a spinning mass and magnify the effect. The research is very cutting edge, but if taken to the extreme it would result in movement similar to what we think of in UFO stories.

There are things out there that seem to defy science, but they have plausible explanations. If MTSU was able to create a very efficient system, and then expand that system to include solar power, they could possibly make up the energy loss and have a perpetual motion machine. It wouldn't really be perpetual motion, because it would continuously be receiving energy from the sun, but for all intents and purposes it would function as a perpetual motion machine.

They Suppose they use Hybrid Technology, space-age, strong, light materials, the latest in anti-friction techniques, regenerative braking, inertial banks (either physical, magnetic, or air-powered), and they get the vehicle to run 60% efficient (40% energy loss to waste), but then they can make up that 40% loss with solar power, then it seems plausible they could get a vehicle that would only need recharged or refilled with air or fuel once every couple of months! That would be a HUGE development, and it seems all the science exists to make it a reality.

Go find the research, and let's get to work building a prototype!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by moekuba

Greetings, moekuba, happy to see others are making use of this technology to save on gas. Be aware, there are factions in this forum that will attack your post, and you personally if you say it works. I built a HHO reactor myself after buying one and testing it. I detailed it all here: Turn Your Car/Truck Into a HHO/Gas Hybrid
Read the whole thread, I have complete instructions in there, including how to deal with the ECM and Oxygen Sensor. Engine/Electronic and Emission Controls must be altered, but remember, what will be coming out your tailpipe is no longer poison, it is clean oxygen and water vapor. I am not one of 4 people in my little town running one design or other of these.

Remember, you cannot run the engine just on HHO with my design. You can double your gas mileage. To run an engine, you would have to have a large reactor producing 5 Liters per minute on command, pressurized to 60 psi, and you would need a step up transformer to obtain more amperage. I think this could work, but one would need a bottle of Oxygen to start up, I think.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Thats a pretty cool post you have there thats awesome that you built one of these that acctually work. Id like to install one but dont got the know how to do it.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by moekuba

It doesn't take a great deal of "know how," all it takes is a parts list, a few hand tools, some KOH, electrical supplies, wire, terminals, circuit breakers, switches, and a little determination and you will have one. When I started, I knew only a little bit about them. But now, having ran a reactor for over two years, I am adept at maintaining and running it.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

then im guna have to get me one of those if its not to hard to install.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join