It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Audio slideshow: Human Planet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

From the icy Arctic to Africa's dense jungles - and the mountain tops of Mongolia to the deep waters of the Pacific - the BBC series Human Planet has explored mankind's incredible relationship with nature.

Accompanying the film crews was photographer Timothy Allen.

His stunning still images captured unique glimpses of people living in the world's most extreme environments.

Take a look at some of them, and listen to him explain how he snapped the most arresting shots.

I can't really add anything to this fantastic video series except to say I wish it was a lot longer. Tim Allen does a fantastic job. There are people grilling spiders and a man hunting with Eagles. So much here to enjoy and be fascinated with.

I really hope you like this audio slideshow as much as I did...

HUMAN PLANET

We have got to save this planet.
It is an amazing place.

edit on 29-2-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I agree with you and thank you for posting.

My daughter is currently taking photograph in college and I'm sure will enjoy this as much as me.

I believe this maybe a wonderful way to connect people from all over and to appreciate each other and our differences. Our environment plays an important role as well and this is a great way to expose others to it.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Definitely worth viewing. What a great job he had huh? Over 5000 photos, I can't imagine. Some of the images are sobering, the ones in the dump and with the Mekong at flood, realizing what other people must go through to make a living is difficult given I live in this land of plenty, compared with others. My favorite ones were of the people of New Guinea, such beautiful people made up in bright colors. S&F

new topics

join