It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classic UFOs misinterpretation: Subsuns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Subsuns are a part of subhorizon atmospherics phenomenoms. They can often be seen from an airplane as a blinding and shimmering disk or oval.
They are formed by a direct reflection of the sun from millions of plate shaped ice crystals in a thin lower cloud layer.

I've seen by the past several UFO photos taken from an airplane that could have been explained by a subsun.

Imagine a halo display mirrored in a lake. Subhorizon halos are similarly formed except that the mirroring is inside the very crystal making the halo. An extra reflection from a lower horizontal face produces the subhorizon counterpart of an ordinary plate crystal halo.

No multiple scattering or reflection by separate crystals is needed.

Subtleties of the refraction and ray paths make subhorizon arcs very similar to but not identical to their above horizon counterparts.

Look for subhorizon halos from aircraft, hills or mountains. Sometimes they can even be seen in snow and ground frosts.

SOURCE: OPOD

Subsuns examples:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Could these also explain some of the foo fighters?very interesting never heard of this before.
S&F for the education.

Regards to all
edit on 30/09/10 by FeatheredSerpent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeatheredSerpent
Could these also explain some of the foo fighters?very interesting never heard of this before.
S&F for the education.

Regards to all

Thanks!

Yes, IMO this could explain some foo fighters testimonies. However, the main problems are that pilots testimonies explained that foo fighters have generally a red, blue or orange hue and they were rarely reported as single.

I forgot to explained how subsun works at the crystal level:

SOURCE
edit on 29-2-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Pih...these look so obviously reflections to me. Foo fighters were observed flying in formations and even engaging in battle. Also no lights are considered UFO if they aren't performing some sort of advanced aerial capability.

Still...I trust some of the eye witness testimony could be explained with this...but I wouldn't include it as possible for the sightings observed by military personel, or civil pilots.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
yes agreed these do look like simple reflections and dont know how someone could mistake these as a UFO...thats my opinion anyway...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

The original foo fighters were observed by people who were pretty ripped on strong amphetamines that they were given to keep them awake during the long bombing runs. So just how reliable do you think these reports are?

Ive seen documentaries of people on Meth where they describe seeing all sorts of things from monsters to angels. Its easy to see how the people flying these missions could have been mistaken. Also this would describe why pilots stopped seeing foo fighters after the war ended.

edit on 29-2-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
None those examples even touch on the videos from the planes that have been posted, that are not glows like that.

None of this even touches on the crafts people have seen, and that our family has seen. We were fortunate. No weather balloons, No satellites, and they weren't planes. They ranged in height of 50-200 feet over our roof, soundlessly. There choppers pursuing at times, and tr3b's going over the roof to intimidate, abviously ours, and a part of the pursuit and surveillance team. The crafts did one of 3 things. Fly straight and low, so you could glimpse briefly under the light, and it looked like a saucer. Or disappeared right there at the city glow. Or suddenly, unlike any plane known to human kind, arched up sharply and with height went over town.

The planes at a greater height than this, mind you, as they got close, had sound, wingspan and 3 different colored lights, white, red and one that I see as sort of greenish blue.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeatheredSerpent
S&F for the education.

Regards to all

Could NOT explain the Foo-Fighters for they were reported to be circling the aircrafts at high rates of speed. Trained pilots should know the difference between reflections and unknown objects. Because we're in DEEP trouble leaving our lives in the hands of inept pilots.

Germany held secrets and Hilter was privy to this. Just ask Grandpa-pa Bush.

This is great though. It helps to maybe explain some incorrect sightings however, it does not exonerate the fact that we've been visited by intelligent Beings since the beginning of time though

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Im pretty sure of all people a pilot is going to be able to tell the difference lol.

Plus never actually seen anyone use this to pretend its a UFO, people might I guess, just never seen it happen. Looks a lot more like AN INTER DIMENSIONAL PORTAL!!!!!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Ordinary men, can make a difference between this, and a flying object.
I think even a child could.

Subsuns

new topics

top topics

join