It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Space Station is in Overdrive

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

I was never on the fake moon landings until I saw the documentary "A funny thing happened on the way to the moon"

Bart Sibrel's piece of crap film is a joke....it is a compilation of lies itself, ironic since it claims that others were the ones who "lied". The YouTube video claiming "fake" Chinese EVA is also a piece of nonsense.

Check the sites on the Web that debunk both of those assertions.

You know that NORAD can track any nation's activities into space, right??
SO can Russian Space Agency....and so can the European Space Agency. And any number of amateur astronomers.

Understand that if these claims of Chinese "fakery" were true, then they would not risk the loss of face with these projections of theirs, as they announce their future space missions. They are making progress. They are technologically advanced.

Did you realize that there is a large aerospace manufacturing industry in China? In fact, a large umber of Boeing airliner sub-components come from China.......

This article from way back in 2006:

The Chinese have long been working as subcontractors for aviation giants including Boeing and Airbus. But as the country picks up know-how from the Americans and Europeans, many fear it may use Western intellectual property to compete on the global market with its own aircraft in the future.

Source

In fact, the Chinese ARE getting into the airplane manufacturing business.

On a related note....it is sad that Boeing, as a U.S. defense contractor, has also relied on Chinese products for some DoD projects. And, there is a problem with counterfeit Chinese parts and components...not only at Boeing, either. Raytheon is another U.S. contractor for the DoD.

This seems to me a clever ploy by the Chinese....subtle sabotage. This was uncovered as recently as just last year.

Oh yes.....they are very capable. They could easily out-run the West in space.......
edit on Wed 29 February 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

On a related note....it is sad that Boeing, as a U.S. defense contractor, has also relied on Chinese products for some DoD projects. And, there is a problem with counterfeit Chinese parts and components...not only at Boeing, either. Raytheon is another U.S. contractor for the DoD.

Funny you should mention this. The head of the Russian Federal Space Agency, Vladimir Popovkin, was recently quoted saying this as the cause of the failure of the recent Phobos Grunt mission:

The failure of the Phobos-Grunt mission supposedly was caused by the influence of heavy charged particles of space on the chips, which may have been counterfeit...Popovkin does not rule out that the influence was destructive for the chips because supposedly they were counterfeit.

www.itar-tass.com...

If the chips sold to the Russians were sub-standard or counterfeit, was it out of greed or deliberate sabotage?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
China now has a boat.

A boat is a money hole.

An 'Island' is worse.

Thanks China!

Now see if you can 'discover' something, and, er, echum, let people know about it?

(I'm on the edge of my seat)

LOL!
edit on 29-2-2012 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
As if China is going to disclose anything... Once you understood how black projects work it will be obvious that all those who actually produce the ground--breaking technologies are not only working for the US government, but are infact sharing information for good money. I'm really putting myself at risk by saying this, but black ops are nationless.

If you think Lockheed Martin or Boeing is working for American interests, well then you are dead wrong.
edit on 1-3-2012 by Clairaudience because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Wait, I thought the world was going to end in 2012?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

i wonder why the Chinese too will have their space-station placed in a low Earth orbit instead of further away

is there a reason for not placing the orbit at say 1,000 miles or more
~anyone~

Radiation for the inhabitants. It's much lower at 200 miles. It's the same reason the ISS is at 220 miles.
The down side is you have to keep reboosting because the orbit decays so quickly.

I don't know how long they go between reboosts but I think its in the range of 5-6 months. If it were at 1000 miles the reboost times would be in hundreds of years.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
2020 was supposed to be the year Americans went back to the Moon.

But that was cancelled.

Hopefully we will get a president in power who understands the need to venture out to the stars...

I would much rather see my tax dollars send Americans to space than pay bloated pensions for Union members...

Note to humanity: Our future lies in the stars...now lets get out there....first stop; the Moon!!!!

-Chris

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Based on their successes late last year, the Chinese will be sending up astronauts to the Tiangong 1 space laboratory this summer:

It now seems certain that the Shenzhou 9 spacecraft, expected to launch in July or August, will carry three astronauts to China's Tiangong 1 space laboratory. Previous statements claim that the mission will last around 10 days. It seems likely that the Shenzhou 9 spacecraft will be docked with Tiangong for roughly a week, or perhaps a little longer.

www.spacedaily.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This was posted by OmegaLogos in chat, just a few minutes ago:
Chi nese spacecraft completes first 'space kiss' manual docking in orbit

A CHINESE spacecraft has successfully completed the country's first manual docking in orbit, the official Xinhua news agency said, a milestone in an ambitious programme to build a space station.

edit on 24-6-2012 by CynicalDrivel because: space unneeded.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Originally posted by St Udio
i wonder why the Chinese too will have their space-station placed in a low Earth orbit instead of further away

is there a reason for not placing the orbit at say 1,000 miles or more
~anyone~

Higher orbits have lower rocket payload mass.

And once they get the whole thing together it will be cheaper and easier to shunt the whole thing into a higher orbit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join