It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you're an Indigo Adult, now what?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

fair point. that is a "he" by the way.
I just don't think you have anything of relevance to add to this topic which is why i said that.

You say its an alternative view but i guess its pretty obvious to others, especially me that you think that the only reason someone would believe this stuff is if they are mentally scarred or desturbed in some way which just shows your closed mind and your play with words to furiously discredit this topic and thread.

Which in itself is bizzare considering you could believe or align yourself with much worse things in life.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaX
I don't feel there's anything wrong with being different.

There is nothing wrong with being different and unique. But there is nothing wrong with being normal and like others either.

the only difference between myself and others is how I view the world

I'm able to look at things from many perspectives

Considering you oppose my perspective there is a well defined limit to the perspectives you are willing to occupy.

I view things a little differently

Everyone does.

I seem to feel more than most people

You feel more than most people? As in Bi-Polar (ups and downs) or as in sensing more than others?

I guess I'm probably just as different as anyone else is different

So no different at all then?

edit on 29-2-2012 by lucid eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by bastardo

When I read threads like these I can sympathize with the OP. When you are able to do some of the things some of us can do, it gets confusing,especially when you feel like you are spinning your wheels. You know you should be doing something, but you just don't know what. The nice thing is though, as I have learned over the years, that no matter where you go, you will effect someone in such a way as to change their life for the better, often without even understanding what you are doing.

Exactly. That's what doesn't get taught. You usually leave people better off than when you encountered them. Just by living. The key is to find harmony in the present and hopefully find a path you can groove with. The fact one is doing is the understanding. Get rid of the should and just do. be. do-be

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

if having a traumatic childhood makes you an indigo then i think most of the population qualify.

Indeed. This is the world we live in. Through trauma, the human mind and experience is expanding. You have to understand that it is juts not childhood trauma, it is adult trauma too. This planet is FULL of struggle and strife. It is a learning ground for the soul, and it is on the verge of evolving to the next step in the process.

Just through the internet and media people are traumatizing themselves over and over. It really does have an effect on the mind, even if people think they are desensitized to it, they are not.

Here is a thread I made about a month ago on WHY is see the world changing:
GTSD-Global Traumatic Stress Disorder

I am a firm believer that the world is changing due to internet and media, and it is in a way that people do not understand or don't see yet, but they will some day when they look back, if we make it that far.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo2
I just don't think you have anything of relevance to add to this topic `

If I can help someone who thinks he is "an indigo child" become more whole and grounded as well as discerning and critical, Ive done what I intended to do here.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Ben81

No, I don't believe we need a magical date or a magical event to "save" us.

I think everyone should worry about themselves and not be concerned about "saving" others.

Nothing magical here

Its Evolution !

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

Exactly the same for me. I don't have delusions of grandeur as some of the lucid eyes' other posts were talking about but my childhood trauma is the reason I am different/see myself as different. I've always known that and it's the reason why I'm not bitter about my childhood. It was bad but I know it's almost certainly the reason I became the person I am today. I wouldn't trade that for anything. I'm not perfect and I do still have some negative baggage what with being very introverted and all but I think I would have been much worse off had I had a better childhood.

i don't think I know too many people who did not have a traumatic childhood. is it not part of life to have a traumatic childhood? its simply part of growing up. how many kids have a happy childhood.

there was a report out only a week or two ago about how many kids grow up with an alcoholic parent. its millions. not hundreds, thousands, its millions. then there is all the different types of abuse. more massive numbers.

at least we have made. we have been lucky. i am sure many of the children who die from starvation every year would swap it in the blink of an eye for a 'traumatic' childhood.

if having a traumatic childhood makes you an indigo then i think most of the population qualify.

I really don't want to keep getting off topic here but I don't like to not respond to something directed at me.

I think most people think their childhood was bad. The fact is, we don't set standards for what can be considered a "bad" childhood. There are many factors that would have to go into that. If you look on a global scale, almost no one in a first world country could possibly have a "bad" childhood compared to children in third world countries. In that view, I admit, my childhood was probably pretty good. I tend to compare my childhood to that of others around me because they comparatively should have the closest environment to myself. In that view, I had a bad childhood. I'd rather not argue semantics of what constitutes a "bad" childhood and I don't really want to go into it so you'll just have to take my word on it I guess. I'll say that it was more than simple alcoholism. I will openly admit that my childhood was not the worst it could be, it wasn't unbearable, as I'm still alive and well. It just wasn't normal.

Also, I didn't claim to be an indigo. This label seems to make you think of someone who sees themselves as superior to others and that is by no means what I think. If you see it as such, then don't consider me an indigo.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
i don't think people should focus on what makes them different.

this is why there is so many wars, fights, struggles, arguments.

we need to look at what we have in common.

if people are just looking at what makes them different (including the indigo sect) then there is no hope for the future.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes

I just don't think you have anything of relevance to add to this topic `

If I can help someone who thinks he is "an indigo child" become more whole and grounded as well as discerning and critical, Ive done what I intended to do here.

LOL this quote alone has you suggesting that someone who thinks they are indigo is NOT whole and grounded, discerning and critical.
with that kind of arrogance you are not going to get very far. What is normal to you is NOT the roadmap of everyone

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I think most people think their childhood was bad. The fact is, we don't set standards for what can be considered a "bad" childhood. There are many factors that would have to go into that. If you look on a global scale, almost no one in a first world country could possibly have a "bad" childhood compared to children in third world countries. In that view, I admit, my childhood was probably pretty good. I tend to compare my childhood to that of others around me because they comparatively should have the closest environment to myself. In that view, I had a bad childhood. I'd rather not argue semantics of what constitutes a "bad" childhood and I don't really want to go into it so you'll just have to take my word on it I guess. I'll say that it was more than simple alcoholism. I will openly admit that my childhood was not the worst it could be, it wasn't unbearable, as I'm still alive and well. It just wasn't normal.

Also, I didn't claim to be an indigo. This label seems to make you think of someone who sees themselves as superior to others and that is by no means what I think. If you see it as such, then don't consider me an indigo.

you considered yourself to have a bad childhood as compared to those around you.

the fact is, nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors. many children will hide their problems. you probably never even met the severly traumatised children because they are too scared to speak to anybody. usually labelled loners/freaks etc. they don't interact or mix out of fear so you would have had difficulty comparing yourself to them.

some people get on with life and put this behind them. i guess others can't let go of it and believe it somehow makes them special.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

with that kind of arrogance you are not going to get very far. What is normal to you is NOT the roadmap of everyone :

Mandela, Ghandi, Buddha, Jesus and all those other special people didnt go around saying "I`m special", they went around saying "You're special". Big difference. Thats why they made a real impact. Show me an indigo who has made an impact on mass-society.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

my childhood trauma is the reason I am different/see myself as different.

So wouldnt this be a reason to ground yourself and heal the past and embrace normalcy?

A person can "embrace normalcy", indeed even STUDY on being/ behaving normal as I did, only to
STILL be called "unique, different, weird" without anyone being able to say exactly HOW you're so
different....except that you are perhaps TOO honest, idealistic, spontaneous...as if anyone could be
TOO much of those qualities!!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

with that kind of arrogance you are not going to get very far. What is normal to you is NOT the roadmap of everyone :

Mandela, Ghandi, Buddha, Jesus and all those other special people didnt go around saying "I`m special", they went around saying "You're special". Big difference. Thats why they made a real impact. Show me an indigo who has made an impact on mass-society.

Lucid thats an awesome point...

The indigos in this thread sure have a large ego....

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

Your forgetting one thing here. nobody has or is claiming here to be special to anyone else. Have you not been reading anything here or are you just completely and utterly spewing out nonsense now?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Imagine Jesus/Buddha/Mandela/Ghandi/Dalai Lama say "Im special". Hard to imagine, isnt it?

Now imagine Lucifer or Hitler say "Im special". Easy to imagine, isnt it?

I wonder why?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Your forgetting one thing here. nobody has or is claiming here to be special to anyone else. Have you not been reading anything here or are you just completely and utterly spewing out nonsense now?

Website after website details how indigos are "different", "special", "Higher", "feel more", etc.

link   
reply to post by SmokeyDawn

LOL

That reminds me of when I took a personality test for a job. It came back that I was overly optimistic, and I asked my boss, Why would that be a bad thing???

And it wasn't. it made for a much friendlier work environment.

link   

Imagine Jesus/Buddha/Mandela/Ghandi/Dalai Lama say "Im special". Hard to imagine, isnt it?

Now imagine Lucifer or Hitler say "Im special". Easy to imagine, isnt it?

I wonder why?

Oh you mean someone who was for the people vs Schizophrenic Sociopath with a megalomaniac syndrome?

Makes sense!
edit on 29-2-2012 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by SmokeyDawn

LOL

That reminds me of when I took a personality test for a job. It came back that I was overly optimistic, and I asked my boss, Why would that be a bad thing???

And it wasn't. it made for a much friendlier work environment.

Much like being over-qualified for a position! LOL

Which personality test was it anyway??
I'm an INTP on the Meyers-Brigg....

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

There is a few very powerfull indigos

Exemple : Ram Bahadur Bomjon
i believe he is still in meditation and will come back shortly before the 2012 big date
with some kind of a message

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join