It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can one really be cursed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Hi,

Has anyone ever tried using magic to curse or get your way or make your life better? was just wondering if this really works? Just a subject that popped into my head.. not saying i want to try it, but just curious.

I know the summoning of Jinns (Djinn) to aid you in certain things are real.. but like i said can one really curse another? i am asking this because i believe my mother and i are cursed.. i will explain.

1) Nothing goes our way, even if it does it just goes down.
2) We always receive bad news.
3) Our health is always poor, mentally.. (depression, anxiety)
4) People always look at us like were the bad people
5) We get judged a lot.
6) Family members look down on us
7) We are always in debt even though we earn pretty good money.
8) Who ever comes near us (friends or loved ones) they start to go down hill slowly.
9) We always have problems in the house, mainly to do with electricity.
10) My parents use to be weahtly, after 1996 it just messed up and basically lost a million, parents got divorced.

There is many more but i cant think of them at this time, so my question is, is my mother and i cursed?
edit on 29-2-2012 by Zatox because: typo

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
There are those out there that use witchcraft or black magic to their advantage. Personally I believe that if you work and give yourself enough over to the "darker" side of the spirit realm then in turn you can recieve a little bit of demonic "power" which in turn causes humans to desire more therefore they give themselves more over to those entities for more power it is just a vicious cycle. So yes it is possible to curse someone. Weather that is what is going on in your case or not I cannot say for sure.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
imo, you can only be cursed or have constant bad luck, when non-human beings, destiny powers "decide" it.
edit on 29-2-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
No, never tried magic, but come to think of it, I know two people that I could put a MUMs spell on. Febris and Discordia.
I swear those two are cursed.

I am living in the demon world of "Damned if I do, and Damned if I don't".
If I please one, the other one gets jealous, if I don't take sides, it becomes a contest of who will get my attention. It like the two are more sisters than mother and daughter.

Seriously, pressing the ignore button and the mute buttons, sure are not working out for me. I have not slept for 2 days, this will be my 3rd day and I won't get home until late tonight. All because of these two demon brats.

Those two are putting me in the ground faster than they realize and I really don't think they care.

edit on 29-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Zatox

While it is possible to be cursed, many many people are going through exactly what you are going through. You might be able to say they are cursed, though not like you're thinking, i.e. by a person. We are all kind of living under a curse and are doomed to the kind of things you describe unless you find the way out. There is a way out.

To Manhater: WTF????

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Zatox

I don't think you're cursed but sound like you're cursing yourselves. i.e. you think everything's bleak so it is bleak. Your cup is half empty when you should look at it as being half full. You make good money but you're in debt. I bet you squander loads trying to cheer yourself up. Check your spending first and pay off the debts. Millions of people are in the same boat as you, but billions are FAR FAR worse off. They sleep with cardboard covers and eat pieces of dropped rice from the road and they have no parents or clean water.

Sounds like your relatives who look down on you are snobs. Ignore them.

Look again at your list. Number 8 says it all. You're fed up, you're depressing other folk with your dark outlook. You're living under a rain cloud like Eeyore. Get some sunshine and write some plans and lists and sort yourselves out. Magic wont work.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Thank you for the post Wignit, i see the bigger picture, cheers.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
reply to post by Zatox

I don't think you're cursed but sound like you're cursing yourselves. i.e. you think everything's bleak so it is bleak. Your cup is half empty when you should look at it as being half full. You make good money but you're in debt. I bet you squander loads trying to cheer yourself up. Check your spending first and pay off the debts. Millions of people are in the same boat as you, but billions are FAR FAR worse off. They sleep with cardboard covers and eat pieces of dropped rice from the road and they have no parents or clean water.

Sounds like your relatives who look down on you are snobs. Ignore them.

Look again at your list. Number 8 says it all. You're fed up, you're depressing other folk with your dark outlook. You're living under a rain cloud like Eeyore. Get some sunshine and write some plans and lists and sort yourselves out. Magic wont work.

Maybe it's time to change my avatar, Wigit.

Good advice though ! what you give you shall receive or something along those lines.
Zatox, sounds like the curse of depression is controlling you're lives, not a 'genuine' curse like voodoo. depression and anxiety cover alot of your numbered lines.(1-6 & 8)
the money thing is probably related too, buying things won't buy happiness.
Best cure - get involved in something that interests you. a hobby, work out, even to just walk 20 minutes a day will soooo increase your outlook on life.

and like Wigit said, look at the glass as half full.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Yes, one can be cursed, but ultimately it's something you do to yourself. That being said, an adept practitioner of so called magic could trick or manipulate you into cursing yourself.

Everything requires your attention to exist. Curses come down to focused attention and negative archetypal structures. Patterns of thinking basically. One could use the chaos magic approach of taking advantage of existing patterns in the target's mind, or the more ritualistic magic approach of creating new patterns through repetition and emotional reinforcement.

There was a psychological experiment where people were shown an incomplete picture of a sailboat. Some of the people were shown this while there was a picture of the ocean hanging on the wall, and others without the ocean scene. The ones who saw the ocean identified the sailboat more often than the other group. This is because an archetype that captures our attention determines what we think about through it's varied associations.

Take for example a classic voodoo fetish, made of bones and feathers which invokes archetypes of death and evil magic. They are theatric in nature to capture the victim's attention, and once that attention is hooked, the mind wanders down the associations those archetypes present.

Luckily you can take control and break these cycles at any time by substituting the negative archetypes you are focusing on for more positive and useful ones. The trick is to realize that you can do this, that you are in fact in control.

I've experienced hell realms in the dream state that are akin to curses in that they are traps of circular logic, with violence begetting violence. Personally I think the afterlife is formed by our thinking patterns, and in a sense religious views are right in that what you do in this life determines how you spend the afterlife. If you form negative thought patterns in life, that's all you will have in the afterlife. Without the knowledge of how to control and work with these patterns, I can easily see how that would be hellish.
edit on 3-3-2012 by The Cusp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Bad luck and poverty is a mindset Napoleon Hill would say, you can turn your 'luck' around, by simply thinking positive 24/7, it sounds too easy but it works, and it is not 'easy', I keep trying to think positive all the time and it takes a lot of practice and dedication. Hill also describes poverty conscious and wealth conscious. It's hard to grasp and I'm sure it's application is different from country to country, but the general gist of it is you will always be in poverty if you are poverty conscious, an example of someone being poverty conscious is someone literally afraid of success, afraid of money, afraid of advancement, think they are not good enough to become rich and successful, wealth conscious is the opposite of that.

Do curses exist? Perhaps, but I believe they can all be destroyed with a positive mindset.

new topics

top topics

join