It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2/28/2012 -- LARGE TORNADO reported in Kansas - Missouri

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Be careful everyone!!!!!!!!! Possible Joplin will get hit again.. Keep us posted for those in the area and let us know your safe.

SUPER MASSIVE TORNADO has been reported by a viewer in live chat --- reported to have been on the ground in Lamar heights Missouri ...

illinois next in line... be ready just in case the storm does not die out.. chicago, saint louis, columbia MO, springfield MO, Springfield IL, Paducah KY, memphis TN. little rock Arkansas, indianapolis IN .. cincinnati OH, columbus OH... this is VERY SEVERE WEATHER.. be alert , be prepared ..

The entire states of Missouri, and Illinois be alert ! Indiana and Ohio .. be prepared. Southern states (MS, AL, GA, SC, NC) watch out just in case.

2/12/2012 — Weather monitoring links — Satellite and RADAR for USA and world
Posted on February 12, 2012

Dozens of links to monitor severe weather, and weather patterns around the world:
sincedutch.wordpress.com...

edit on 29-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Wow how many "mass" casualties?

RIP be safe y'all

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
www.usatoday.com...

Where are you seeing reports of "mass casualties"???

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Am I not suppose to post the title of the video?
That's all I did, I posted what the guy put.

Besides you see the size of that thing? I don't thinks it's havoc is done yet, so, I wouldn't count the title out just yet.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
So far I've found a report of one person critically injured. Who is reporting mass casualties?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
It's the title of the video....

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Well your title sounds alot like crying wolf without anything to back it up. Did a quick check on major news sites and they haven't posted anything about it..

I think it's safer to tune down the title till you know more about it then blindly trusting others! =)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
There, you all happy now.

WHOOOO check out this vapor cloud animation going on right now.

weather.cod.edu...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Am I not suppose to post the title of the video?
That's all I did, I posted what the guy put.

Besides you see the size of that thing? I don't thinks it's havoc is done yet, so, I wouldn't count the title out just yet.

You are not too familiar with Tornadoes are you?

The "size" is actually the size of the Storm cell, not the size of the actual tornado but a funnel can form anywhere within the Storm cell, however they typically form around the right rear (southeast) portion of the storm cell. Typically the North and East portion of the storm cell is where you will find the heavy rain fall and possible hail. Now the right rear portion is where you typically find a powerful updraft which causes little to no rain to fall, which is why you will usually notice clear skies in pictures that show the aftermath of tornadoes.

Now claiming a tornado will reach the next state over from Kansas is not a good thing to do. Typically tornadoes do not stay on the ground for long periods of time. The storm cell which produced the tornado will travel that distance, but there are many other factors which must come into play as well.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

No, honestly. I am not.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Ok so lets get this updated,

* Injuries, significant damage reported after possible tornadoes move through southwest Missouri
* Taney County Sheriff says search-and-rescue teams going house to house
*NWS says apparent tornado moved through downtown Branson; numerous injuries
*NWS says famous theaters in downtown Branson have been heavily damaged
* Hard-hit areas in Missouri includes Branson, Lebanon and Buffalo.

I know that we have members in these areas, Please be safe! praying you are all safe x
edit on 29-2-2012 by asala because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Another tornado tragedy has struck Missouri and the United States this morning as significant tornadoes impact towns across the Southwestern portion of the state.

- 2 hours ago

"Heavy structural damage with collasped apartment building. Multiple injuries." quoted from #Branson Fire Channel #tornado #mowx

- 3 hours ago

Branson Fire confirming significant damage in Branson, MO! #tornado #mowx

- 3 hours ago

Texas Storm Chasers

They are live streaming updates on KY3 here.
edit on 29/2/2012 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Not sure of mass casaulties

Foxnews report

Kansas reports couple people dead
Missouri sirens going off and tornado touch downs

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
1 person killed, 13 injured when possible tornado hits trailer park in southwest Missouri via AP news wire

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Night time tornadoes are the worst... you really can not see them at all. Only thing you can really do is take cover when the sirens go off and keep a radio or TV handy. It is very difficult for spotters on the ground to give much help as well. Mainly at night all you can do is depend on radar and to watch for the hook echo in the SE corner of the storm cell.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I am in Indiana and it was released just a bit ago that we are under a tornado watch until 1 PM where I am. Winds are sounding scary but hoping this passes without incident. Thoughts going out to those that have been hit.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by stargate73

Please take care and make sure you are as prepared as you can be in case,

Stay safe

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by stargate73

Be safe.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

What actually happens if you are in a shelter and a tornado passes over you? I understand tornadoes but have absolutely no experience of them..........the thought totally terrifies me if I am honest. Hurricanes are bad but basically just stormy weather. Tornadoes on the other hand reach ridiculous speeds.

A force 5 strips road surfaces so surely it would have no problem reducing a shelter to shreds?

Best wishes to anyone caught up in this. Very glad we do not get serious ones in the UK.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Americans are so melodramatic. You think these winds are bad, you should see what your government does to it's allies. I see any destruction caused by this as divine retribution.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join