It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'It's a sin': Iran calls on treaty to ban nuclear weapons

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
reply to post by jazz10

I agree. Humanity's inhumanity to mankind is a sin... and nuclear weapons is an even greater sin.

But that said, history shows that relying on trust in other humans is a fool's errand. It's easy to talk the way of peace but quite another to live it... and one doesn't set that particular example by promising genocide on another people/nation.

There are no good guys out there... no one or collection of leaders or nations that represent the concept of a k

ind of Camelot where honor and honesty is carried forth as a matter of official policy.

People find it easy to say we should not have nukes and how the countries that have them for the most part try to stop the proliferation of them.

I see many critical of America for this stance but people should remember , if America and her allies did not challenge Russia and have all these nukes THE WHOLE WORLD WOULD BE COMMUNIST .........no ifs ands or buts about it.

The fact that more and more countries are producing the bomb is why we ad all others will never get rid of them. I know some will use the logic they only build their nukes cause we have them , I believe they would build them anyways to have an advantage over their perceived foes.

M.A.D. Mutually assured destruction seems to be the only real peace keepers in this world.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I made a thread about the Ayatollah issuing a fatwa on Nuclear weapons. The general consensus was not to believe anything that comes out of the Ayatollah's mouth apart from the bad stuff he says about America and Israel.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
Spoken by the same man that says Iran has the best human rights record in the Middle East.

Do they not? Personally, I think Iran is far more stable than most other relevant powers in the middle east. It definitely beats out Turkey and Israel in this regard (not to mention the nightmares than Iraq and Afghanistan happen to be).

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I gotta say, Iran has made a great move right here. These damn nuclear weapons are nothing but trouble. Nuclear anything is nothing but trouble whether its a nuclear plant, submarine, or bomb. The hub bub with Iran is clearly their on going nuclear projects and accusations of wanting to build a WMD. Iran may even get supporters to help them with this agenda, supporters they've never had before. The worlds response to Iran's proposal will be predictable but interesting none the less.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Nuclear bombs ARE a SIN!

Let's do a big peace launch and send all nuclear weapons at the same time in the SUN to get rid of them!!!11!

Oh wait...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10

rt.com

Iran, who is suspected by many western nations of secretly developing weapons of mass destruction, has proposed a ban on nuclear weapons, calling their production or possession as “a great sin.”
“The production, possession, use or threat of use of nuclear weapons are illegitimate, futile, harmful, dangerous and prohibited as a great sin,” said Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi in a speech to the UN-hosted Conference on Disarmament in Geneva on Tuesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Don't Be Hasty. Could Iran be Disclosing Free Energy Technology to the World.
Massive Wave Of Resignation (Part III): Momentum Building Up, Eleven Bankers Resign Today (Feb 27th)

I fully agree with this. The caliber of Nuclear weapons in a weaponized format for surface or above surface strikes is absolutely insane. We are stupid for it, insanely stupid. In fact, if you can't get your mind out of the "well, they're needed" or "well, other people have them" or "well, they're useful" then you are simply trapped by one of the most destructive (obviously), insane mindsets known to the history of this planet.

Congratulations!

Honest to my word though, I think the fact that we have nuclear bombs or nuclear ICBMs and IRBMs ready to attack other countries is incredibly idiotic.

The only use for nuclear explosives as primitive as we have them, would be in a locked down format, with only a few of them, ready to be launched at potential Earth-bound objects, for interception and re-coursing or destruction of the potential threat. Other than that purpose, nuclear power should be used for energy and transportation, and it needs to be seriously researched and developed, along with greatly enhanced safety measures and designing of nuclear infrastucture.

Then again, the obvious doesn't make it to the surface when you're dealing with fearful, arrogant, morons.

And that is why we are patient, to an extent.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

personally: a bluff!!! for if they are telling the truth this time they would bring back the IAEA and say "see this is what we have" till then just more smoke and mirrors.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Iran could very well be developing nuclear weapons, but I say they aren't. A big reason is because I feel like I've been lied to by most of the people that say they are, so I'll give Iran the benefit of doubt this time.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok

Originally posted by redoubt
reply to post by jazz10

I agree. Humanity's inhumanity to mankind is a sin... and nuclear weapons is an even greater sin.

But that said, history shows that relying on trust in other humans is a fool's errand. It's easy to talk the way of peace but quite another to live it... and one doesn't set that particular example by promising genocide on another people/nation.

There are no good guys out there... no one or collection of leaders or nations that represent the concept of a k

ind of Camelot where honor and honesty is carried forth as a matter of official policy.

People find it easy to say we should not have nukes and how the countries that have them for the most part try to stop the proliferation of them.

I see many critical of America for this stance but people should remember , if America and her allies did not challenge Russia and have all these nukes THE WHOLE WORLD WOULD BE COMMUNIST .........no ifs ands or buts about it.

The fact that more and more countries are producing the bomb is why we ad all others will never get rid of them. I know some will use the logic they only build their nukes cause we have them , I believe they would build them anyways to have an advantage over their perceived foes.

M.A.D. Mutually assured destruction seems to be the only real peace keepers in this world.

I disagree. If America and Russia had been smart initially, they could have instated treaties to avoid nuclear proliferation in the first place.

Besides, what makes you think our society governing systems are so much greater? Based off the current economy the way it is structured (thanks to the U.S.), our value of what is good is "more," literally more quantity. This mean productivity, and productivity is good for the economy, and # what's good for us, we're led to believe what's good for the economy is good for USSSSSS. Same dumb mind set that has screwed us over for many centuries, ignorant of the big picture.
edit on 29-2-2012 by xacto because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
First Of All.... the Supreme Leader or even President Ahmadinejad even other Imams are allowed to lie and deceive non-believers....as in the case of declaring nuclear weapons as sinful

The Religion of Peace - Islam: Taqiyya and Lying -> Taqiyya
www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/011-taqiyya.htm
Lying is permitted when the end justifies the means. ...
Muslims are allowed to lie to unbelievers in order to defeat them

Repeat: From Islamic Law: ... Muslims are allowed to lie to unbelievers in order to defeat them

i have put some thought into what the Supreme Leader said back in 2005, about a fatwa on building nukes

but, Iran can possibly get ready built nukes from Pakistan which has already built many warheads
and they are supposed to be an Islamic nation... why doesn't the stigma fall on Pakistan as falling from the grace of Allah like the Iranian/Persian Supreme Leader says?

Maybe its because the Pakistani Nuclear bomb (AKA: Islamic Bomb) might be gifted to Iran who will in turn supply the fission material/enriched uranium...and everything will be alright under the Taqiyya ruling in Law

i say beware of wolves in sheep's costume
I really would like to believe that the Islamic Revolution in Iran was truly & flat-out against having Nukes (which are the also 'the powers of heaven' in a poetic/spiritual sense)..
.but i try to balance out my naiveté with stark cynicism

edit on 29-2-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

The Talmud also says that Jews are allowed to lie to Gentiles. Lots of Talmud followers intertwined in us politics.

edit on 29-2-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Yup.

The Japs executed a sneak attack.

And then we bombed them back to the stone age.

I would say we are even.

You know, Iran, you can be without sin, while the rest of the world builds bombs. That way you are good with God, right? No reason to insist on everyone being sin free. Why don't you just ban them in Iran?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Hmmm.... velly inter esting .....

Korea announced today:

By msnbc.com and news services

Updated at 11:44 a.m. ET: WASHINGTON -- North Korea agreed on Wednesday to stop nuclear tests, uranium enrichment and long-range missile launches and to allow nuclear inspectors to visit its Yongbyon nuclear complex to verify the moratorium has been enforced.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Iran announced at almost the same time:

GENEVA — Amid heightened tensions with the West over its nuclear program, Iran on Tuesday called for negotiations on a treaty banning nuclear weapons and condemned their production or possession as “a great sin.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________

The most dangerous time is always the quietest:

__________________________________________________________________________________________

By FRANK L. KLUCKHOHN
Special Correspondent to THE NEW YORK TIMES

Washington, Monday, Dec. 8.--Sudden and unexpected attacks on Pearl Harbor, Honolulu, and other United States possessions in the Pacific early yesterday by the Japanese air force and navy plunged the United States and Japan into active war.

Saburo Kurusu, special Japanese envoy who has been conducting "peace" negotiations while Japan was preparing for this attack, and Ambassador Kichisaburo Nomura called at the State Department at 2:05 P. M. after asking for the appointment at 1 P. M. They arrived shortly before Secretary Hull had received news Japan had started a war without warning. Mrs. Roosevelt revealed in her broadcast last night that the Japanese Ambassador was with the President when word of the attacks was received.

The two envoys handed a document to Mr. Hull, who kept them waiting about fifteen minutes. Upon reading it, he turned to his visitors to exclaim that it was "crowded with infamous falsehoods and distortions."

Now the questions become, what does/could/should one make of these recent announcements.

Could the hopes and dreams of many finally be coming to pass in that the world is coming to to its senses and there could possibly be a complete ban on the construction, stockpiling and use of nuclear weapons?

Has the most recent information regarding an asteroid possibly striking the earth in the near future and causing a world wide ELE been passed around secretly thru diplomatic channels that the world has a much more immediate problem which must be addressed for humanity to survive?

Is Iran's announcement a diversionary tactic to delay attack long enough to secure nuclear devices from another country?

I certainly wish I knew.

Respectfully

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Who or what constitutes a sin?

Man made religious doctrine that is open to interpretation and manipulation?

Let's face it, we can't de-invent something, certainly not something as powerful as nuclear weaponry.

Iran is already a signatory of Non-Proliferation Treaty.
Perhaps if they abided by that we could then start taking some of there other statements and offers seriously.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

More propaganda from RT
No, not RT

My God people are gullible.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Originally posted by dannotz
So is this a bluff?

Or is Iran really not developing a nuclear weapon?

Many have been lead to believe that Iran is the new enemy, that they're the new ones with WMD's.

I'm on the side of the people that believe Iran would create such a weapon if they could, but that they can't and they aren't. And that this is all propaganda to get the American people amped up for yet another NO WIN WAR.

No. They are just pointing out American hypocrisy in how we are so eager to keep the world "safe" from nuclear weapons...while we possess more of them than anybody else on the planet. After all...nobody needs nukes if no one HAS nukes...right?

In the end it won't matter. I live in a region of the country which a lot of defense contractors produce military vehicles. The new armored transports, humvee's, and cargo trucks which were being stockpiled since 2005 are all en route to the Middle East as we speak....even as we have pulled out of Iraq and purportedly "scaled back" in Afghanistan.

So...where are those desert-camo vehicles going??

Don't believe the headlines for a minute. A bank expects a Mom & Pop plumbing contractor to have a five year business plan. You think the United States military doesn't have at least the same requirements? We decided to invade Iran sometime in the early 1990's. The rest has just been a buildup to get the American public used to the idea and convince about 50% of the population that we ought to be afraid of Muslims or whatever.

Oh believe me, i'm with you brother.

Thanks for the lengthy reply.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. The propaganda, the lies in the media, the unethical and unfair way the federal government operates, all of it.

Makes me

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Wow. This is what I see after to coming to ATS shortly after reading this story on foxnews.com:

U.S.: North Korea Suspends Nuclear Activity, Takes Food Aid

What does this have to do with Iran suddenly saying that the possession of nuclear arms is a sin? I don't know, but I think a game is being played here.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Sounds like a great example of Taqiyya. I don't think Israel is going to fall for it.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Recollector
Empty words for empty brained peace lovers that beleives that pigs can fly and Iran is a peaceful nation.

Sure, let the war pigs run the show because they've been doing such a great job so far. Iran is simply setting up the hypocrisy of saying "we have nukes, but you can't". And no amount of deflection can hide that hypocrisy.

And, as others have posted...the US lied like hell for the privilege of invading Iraq and no amount of deflection can change that.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
Wow. This is what I see after to coming to ATS shortly after reading this story on foxnews.com:

U.S.: North Korea Suspends Nuclear Activity, Takes Food Aid

What does this have to do with Iran suddenly saying that the possession of nuclear arms is a sin? I don't know, but I think a game is being played here.

There is nothing sudden about this. The Ayatollahs are all against weapons of mass destruction, and always have been. They held back from using them against Saddam when Iraqi forces were deploying chemical weapons on Iranians.

The only "sudden" aspect is that some people are just now hearing about this.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Possession of nuclear weapons are "a great sin?"

Sure. What about enriching materials to be used in aforementioned bombs and then sold to other nations?

Hypocrisy is a sin too.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join