It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Devil's Toybox

page: 1 
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
(My first ever Thread started)

Paranormal detectors.

There are many out there. From the Ouija Board, EVP's, Swirling boiling water, Frank's Box. But have you heard of "The Devil's Toybox" ?

The Devil's Toybox is a cube made out of six mirrors, all equal in size, all put together facing each other on the inside to make a cube.

Nobody is quite sure whose idea it was. The Wiccan's of the past supposedly used the box to trap and transfer negative energies. And recently Joshua P. Warren has been trying to bring it to our attention.

So what does it do? Do you have to perform some type of ritual? Seance? Chanting?

Nope.

You simply let it sit there. And supposedly you will catch yourself hearing hissing, buzzing, maybe even growling coming from the cube. Mr. Warren has built a Toybox, and he likes to record the "activity" that he gets from it. Usually a strange hissing sound, with a few growls thrown in.

His idea behind it, is that mirrors can work as a window to bring fourth paranormal activity. An Energy loop that is perpetuated by the six mirrors making up the cube.

There have been many stories over the years of ghosts being seen in mirrors, or entities coming out of a mirror. Some believe that mirrors are more mysterious, and magical than we really know. That they're an entryway for the unexplained, a sort of bridge.

So what do you think?

Do any of you out there know more about mirrors? Strange activity surrounding mirrors? Have you had any strange experiences yourself with a mirror?

I'm interested to see what any of you know about the way a mirror works. And how our electromagnetic friend, Light, works on mirrors facing each other.

Is this a product of the light reflecting the mirrors? Or the Conductivity of the mirrors? The electromagnetic energy.

So my friends, take a look in the mirror and tell me what you see.

Sources/Other material:

Joshua P. Warren Website

Also, i'm no huge fan of Joshua P. Warren, or many of the "ghost hunters" out there, but i thought the topic was interesting, and after a few searches that yielded no results i wanted to go ahead and make this thread.

edit on 29-2-2012 by dannotz because: edit spelling

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
There could easily be a speaker inside. This is just like those piggy banks with mirrored sides so that you don't see the coin drop inside. I had several as a child.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Ok..not quite what i was going for.

He doesn't put this on display for amusement of others though, he does the research himself in his home.

But yes, the recording he has released could be hoaxes, no doubt.

But i was asking for people to use their creativity and imagination to bring fourth ideas as to why it could work. Or what might be the cause of strange phenomena surrounding mirrors. There's a heavily documented history of strange happenings with mirrors.

Did you bother to read the thread? Or did you come in here with the same attitude you've already displayed all over ATS?
edit on 29-2-2012 by dannotz because: spellin

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dannotz
reply to post by DaTroof

Ok..not quite what i was going for.

He doesn't put this on display for amusement of others though, he does the research himself in his home.

But yes, the recording he has released could be hoaxes, no doubt.

But i was asking for people to use their creativity and imagination to bring fourth ideas as to why it could work. Or what might be the cause of strange phenomena surrounding mirrors. There's a heavily documented history of strange happenings with mirrors.

Did you bother to read the thread? Or did you come in here with the same attitude you've already displayed all over ATS?
edit on 29-2-2012 by dannotz because: spellin

I read it and I gave my opinion. What do you want, ghost stories?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Nice little thread you have here. I think this ties in with the beliefs of some ancient people that right angle corners allow entities to materialize into our dimension. Yurts, teepees, etc have round shapes which will not contain right angle corners that allow evil to hide in also. Your mirror box has many right angle corners in it which intrigues me. I have made infinity mirror boxes before and have not gotten any paranormal effects out of them. I may have to try constructing one of these.

There is also a device and I forget what it is called that allows your right eye to look into your left eye and vice versa that gives some people paranormal experiences.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

You're missing the point of the thread.

But it's ok.

This isn't a thread where we want to go off topic and be nothing but a trolling meany.

Seriously. I've had enough of you in the past half hour i spent on ATS. Your attitude is horrible. Please leave my thread. I'm looking for actual responses. Not sarcasm .

Lighten up .

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Well thanks!

And btw, the box isn't mine.

But yes, i've always been interested in such things. I don't think i'd ever mess with anything like this due to my belief in some forms of "negative" or Leech like beings. The device you spoke about at the end of your post intrigues me. I'll look into it.

Thanks for the reply.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I cannot find a video of the box in use. Or the recordings you speak of.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I could probably get the recording. It was aired on Coast to Coast AM tonight. I'm a member of the radio program and could probably get it into an mp3. legally i think too!

Just give me some time.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
this is interesting for sure man. This is the first I have heard of this so I really cant say I have an oponion on it. I will however be looking forward to you getting the recording and posting it would be great to listin to.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
weird...

I feel something is missing if i don't have a large mirror somewhere close.

but I think it's because I'm somewhat like a bird in that respect. I used to primp a lot when i was younger and I think i just really got used to a mirror being around.

I have a lot of dreams where i am seeing weird stuff in the mirror and they are often lucid and it can get very weird. i see crazy things in dream mirrors.

after breaking some mirrors, yes... i have buried them out of superstition.

i don't *think* I have a superstition about that anymore but the proof is in the putting.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Nice thread, thanks!

As Groindgrinder said, right angle corners to produce some kind of energy, and then six mirrors to keep the energy trapped.
Perhaps the energy gets caught in some kind of "feedback loop" and gets so focused in the center point of the cube, that it starts to brake out into our dimension.

Like burning with a magnifying glass.

Groindgrinder, I would love to hear some more about that eye device. Sounds extremely interesting!
edit on 29-2-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

Sometimes when I get up to go to the bathroom in the night I am afraid to look in the mirror. I am afraid I will see something behind me or something further into the mirror.

However I do like seeing funny mirror gags on video where they use twins to fool people.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I remember going shopping with my Mom at the big department stores. In the dressing room area, they would have the section of three-sided mirrors. You could stand in front of the mirror and get a view of your front and sides.
I always hated that mirrors as a child. No concrete reason why, I just found them spooky. Especially the way they would distort your face if you stood at the exact place where your image "curved" around the edge.

As one poster above commented, I too feel nervous looking in mirrors at night. That might just be my over-active imagination. If you could measure imaginations on the Richter Scale, mine would be off the charts....

I used to have an old Honda Civic, the first car I ever owned. It was used but well taken care of and in decent shape. Every once in a while I would smell cigarrette smoke in the car...no one in my family smokes and the family we bought the car from where also non-smokers. When I smelled the smoke, I would get a strong urge to look in the rearview mirror.

I never did.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

I dont know why,but i dont like a mirror facing my bed while im sleeping,i always turn my cheval mirror sideways to face the wall,when i go to bed.Never had a creepy experience involving a mirror myself,its just one of those quirks,cus since i was a kid,ive felt that sometimes a mirror can be more than just a useful thing to check if you look presentable-not anything i can base my feelings on in this case,i just feel more comfy going to bed if its facing away from me.Also i dont like to spend much time looking in a mirror,for some reason,i do my hair,and further,i avoid it..if i dont have to go out,sometimes a whole day will pass without me looking in a mirror even once-its just not a thing i feel comfortable with,mirrors..its a personal thing.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Nice little thread you have here. I think this ties in with the beliefs of some ancient people that right angle corners allow entities to materialize into our dimension. Yurts, teepees, etc have round shapes which will not contain right angle corners that allow evil to hide in also. Your mirror box has many right angle corners in it which intrigues me. I have made infinity mirror boxes before and have not gotten any paranormal effects out of them. I may have to try constructing one of these.

There is also a device and I forget what it is called that allows your right eye to look into your left eye and vice versa that gives some people paranormal experiences.

I would think the device is two mirrors at right angles to each other?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I've never heard of this before, kinda freaky

I was looking in a mirror once, when I felt/heard breathing in my ear and on my neck. I didnt see anything in the mirror at all, apart from myself.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSatinDancer
weird...

I feel something is missing if i don't have a large mirror somewhere close.

but I think it's because I'm somewhat like a bird in that respect. I used to primp a lot when i was younger and I think i just really got used to a mirror being around.

For me it's the opposite. I refuse to have a mirror anywhere in the house, except for the bathroom, ESPECIALLY not in my bedroom. I always have this dreadful feeling that I might glance into the mirror and see something horrible in there. I also feel that mirrors can be gateways for extradimensional beings to come into our dimension.

I once did a mirror meditation where you stare into your own eyes for a while and then supposedly can see your face shifting into the faces of your past lives. Well, it worked, and I wouldn't do it again. Pretty creepy.
edit on 29-2-2012 by sylvie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

Hi Dannotz -

The 'Devil's Toybox' can also come in other shapes besides the Mirrored Cube e.g. a Large Mirrored Globe (i.e. very much looking like a giant basketball-sized silver mirrored Christmas ornament with the mirrored side on the 'inside' - or as a Great Pyramid Shape ToyBox (Quadrangled Square at the bottom and Triangles for the four 'sides', mirrors facing inwards), or a Tetrahedral Dome Mirrored Toybox etc.

In fact ANY of the Platonic Solids shapes will work, apparently !

en.wikipedia.org...

The Mirrored Cube ToyBox of whatever shape seems to be the 'loudest' when recorded via a EVP device (Electronic Voice Phenomenon) which must be attached to the OUTSIDE of the ToyBox via a 'Telephone Listening Device Mircrophone Attachment' that is 'suctioned' to the outside of the glass.

The 'loudest' recordings typically take place if there is a 'haunted' (i.e. spirit-charged) object of any size (i.e. from the size of a pin to the size of a house) placed beside it or with the object placed INSIDE the spirit charged object - such as placing the ToyBox inside a 'haunted' room within a 'haunted' house, for example...).

One could call these spirit-charged objects 'Things that Have the Shine', if you like old Stephen King/Stanley Kubrik movies !

Most often, the EVP device can pick up sounds that humans standing by cannot hear at all (it just sounds like pure silence to them when they stand in front of the ToyBox - but when they play back the 'tape' they hear distinct sounds that do NOT sound like random noise or the next door neighbour watching tele

e.g. human or animal screams (both male and female - and of all ages too), words in various languages including what sound like glossolalia (speaking in tongues) also, rythmically ordered drum-tapping or sharp metallic tapping sound (or dull wooden sounding thuds) also what sound like ghostly 'shouts' or 'groans' or 'laughter', as well as various poltergeist type banging noises

Plus a lot of rather loud and disturbing (almost random sounding) electrical static noises which are often accompanied or mixed in with (i.e. audibly melded in with) more ordered sounds knockings, rhythmic rappings, weird pseudo-music, a host of the most creepy sounds you can imagine e.g. that of antique billiard balls (which because of the material they used to be made of in the olden days have a specifically recognisable 'clink' to them), the sound of water or air currents, the cries of children etc.

Some recordings have several sound types occuring simultaneously - so you have to listen to the tape over and over and over - and many practically beg to be 'separated' electonically by a professional 'sound mixer' - which means you might have to contact a person in the film or record-business etc. i.e. persons who would have the necessary equipment at their disposal (and the expertise too !) to do this for you...and it might cost money...ouch....!

So one would have to choose a Design for a Mirrored ToyBox (Cubic, Pyramidical, Conical, Spherical, Tetrahedral etc.) THEN get an EVP tape recording device with a Telephone Listening Suction Attachment then choose a place to position the ToyBox within or nearby (preferably inside the 'most haunted room' within a 'haunted house' or some object 'with the Shine' or with some kind of astral energy 'history', e.g. an antique brass-button taken from a Grey US Confederate Soldier's Uniform slain in battle etc.)

Then you're off to the races, as they say.

It might be that certain platonic solid shapes work better than others, or perhaps the quality grade of the actual glass used in the mirrors might also have an effect - also mirrors can be made out of shined-metal e.g. copper, although there is an old Wiccan & Druid belief that the metal 'Iron' repels such spirit activity and to avoid using Iron (Fe) objects if you are intent on spirit conjuring...I suppose gold plated (or solid gold !) plates would work well, if one could afford to procure them these days - think of the GOLDEN Cube of the Qadosh-Qadoshim ('Holy of Holies' - at least according to the supposedly ancient Torah of the Jews ! ) in the 1st Temple dedicated to the clan god YHWH and his Asherah - allegedly built by a SyroPhonecian architect 'Hiram of Tyre 'under the auspices (and treasury !) of the Judaen clan chief Jedediah (aka Sholomon) c. 940 BCE atopm Mount Moriah in ancient Jebus (=Jerusalem) !!

edit on 29-2-2012 by Sigismundus because: stuttering keeeyboooardd actuallyyyy makesss spellingggg kidaaaaa funnnnnn

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

simply put no matter what you post on ATS anymore people are going to come in a say thats its a fake or fraud

i think its pretty interesting though what you have come across

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join