It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fellow Obama Suporters

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Health care is a commodity. It is a good and a service. It is not a right. It is impossible to make health care a 'right' in a capitalist society.

edit on 3/1/2012 by FlyersFan because: typo

32 of the 33 "Developed" nations would disagree with you..Guess who the lone exception is?

Norway

New Zealand

Japan

Germany

Belgium

United Kingdom

Kuwait

Sweden

Bahrain

Brunei

Canada

Netherlands

Austria

United Arab Emirates

Finland

Slovenia

Denmark

Luxembourg

France

Australia

Ireland

Italy

Portugal

Cyprus

Greece

Spain

South Korea

Iceland

Hong Kong

Singapore

Switzerland

Israel

* See...the rest of the world has continued to advance on the idea of Democracey that we invented, while thanks to the (hate all progress) GOP we are having a 1950's debate about banning contraception, denying Global Warming, eliminating the EPA and OSHA, ending child labor protection laws etc. ad infinium.....

And oh I forgot...we are still trying to teach the GOP that it is not OK to simply drag your "unproductive" elderly and injured to the edge of the village to die.

The first rule of civilization...take care of your own because one day you will need someone to take care of you.
edit on 1-3-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
There is a lot things about Obama I do not like. His record as a hypocrite who will say anything to get your vote is enough for any sane person to step back and take a look at his record and his policies before blindly casting a vote for him again.

Health care reform is a joke. The health care insurance industry has to be laughing at us on this one. No we are going to be forced to buy health care which will still be sub-standard, and we will still have to pay out of pocket for various medications and procedures. The health care bill was basically written by the insurance industry. To make it sound like a victory and a good measure, now insurance companies can not reject someone for a pre-existing condition. Other than that we are still stuck with the same insurance driven health care for profit system.

So what kind of change did we get from Obama?

We are still occupying foreign countries, our federal spending is still out of control, and we still are having our so called freedom eroded away.

Obama is not much different than Bush and Romney won't be much different than Obama. There is not much hope for the USA if we continue what we are doing and electing the same elitist types into office.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by muse7

What would you like to see President Obama accomplish during his 2nd term?
Hasn't he done enough already? Look at all the crazy laws he has tried to pass, he's out of control, and has no respect what so over for the official processes of the law, he thinks he can scrap or circumvent any system he pleases, like he is some sort of God with the ability to do what ever he wants and no one is going to say a thing.

The sad thing is out of all the candidates likely to beat Ron Paul, Obama has the greatest chance... because all the damn sheeple truly don't pay attention to what he does, they just hear about the tiny amount of his "good" achievements on the msm and assume he's doing a good job. He's a pathological liar and a conman, and he's driving the US straight into the ground.
edit on 29-2-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

First, it aint over till its over and some people are getting dangerously cocky in assuming Obama will be re-elected. I do want him to be re-elected, consider his opponents on the lunatic fringe, the arbiters of such virtue no doubt God spoke to and Romney? He change's his position on EVERYTHING to garner favor with the target audience. He would be a dangerous wussy President at the least. Ball's? Nope...

And the rest of the GOP? I do find it so amazing that the party that screams TO MUCH GOVERNMENT!! (well yes) but they want to control/abolish birth control, tell people what to do in their private lives. No doubt a bunch of gays getting married and despite it affecting NO ONE but the two involved the sky will no fall and God or some ones pissed off mother in law will strike down the United States. Don't believe in gay marriage? Then don't have one, and Republicans are snorting or drinking something and it aint tea, not only this issue.

Perhaps the increase in addictive prescription drug abuse? Ask Rush Limbaugh and his demonization of drug abusers before caught doctor shopping, getting enough Vicodin to get everyone on this site very high. Rush the GOP spiritual Sol, who makes every very conservative person look like a moron. Some are very bright, but there's no accounting for taste. In spite of some good ideas by Ron Paul he is way to isolationist and frankly dovish for me. I believe in not getting in people or a countries face. But I do believe in staying out of others lives.

As for Ron Paul having the greatest chance to beat Obama? To maverick, isolationist and his belief drugs should be legalized (and tax the hell out of them) it would reduce the drug problem over time. To arbitrarily legalize everything would be a nightmare. It would need to be introduced over a fair period say 15 years for everything. Then again some things are just dangerous poisons any bastard with some chemistry background can cook up. Bath salts? Right, as if about 30 million people (US only) use them. Has anyone you know? I know ATS does not want to bring up this issue but legalization of drugs is something Ron Paul has been in favor of. So to censor this comment here is to censor my political beliefs.

Sorry, back to Obama. Just what of his specific actions or policies don't you like? He is a moderate President by any definition and its so nice after 8painful years by GW Bush ; initiated a lie-caked war, to get a reasonable man like Obama who is hardly soft on defense, and given in practice, policy and an image overseas its nice to have and deserve one that is honorable.

And by the way. For those to think Obama some how was wrong or worse weak to apologize for the accidental Koran burning? Nice to have a man who acts like one. Would love for Karzie to call Obama and apologize to the American people on behalf of those who have murdering people over a book, he should apologize for the death, the murder of Americans. Then you have the fanatics killing their own just for hell of it? I can't figure this out other then say there MUST BE SEPARATION of CHURCH or ANY religion from state.

Or its a recipe of never-ending carnage and disaster for the world because you can do the most ghastly vile and barbaric things if your such a dumb ass to think, "God said so" Really? Kill? God shoots&blows up people? Let that be the judge of any rational faith. God is not an excuse. Humans kill and love to use the almighty as a reference. Sick.

Republicans are you listening? You think people in the US who decide the election are not? You will find out that eventually even Americans get sick of and yes frightened by the fanatical right wing that hijacked the GOP. That turned me from a Republican to a recovering Republican. Unlike most things "recovering"is associated with, I never had cravings or fixation to be associated with them again. (R)grow-up. For us all?
edit on 1/3/12 by arbiture because: Correct spelling farts, stuttering typos, you stutter as I you also type and do so. No lie. And added a little, removed stuff,etc.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Sarah palin is eye-candy, nothing more.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

But that is the same thing you get from repubs EXCEPT Ron Paul.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join