It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fellow Obama Suporters

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

You mean that hot, young whippersnapper, Ronald Paul?

Let's see: Wrong Ronald, Wrong Decade!

edit on 29-2-2012 by The Sword because: fixed image link

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Originally posted by The Old American

Healthcare is not a right.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

It says in your constitution that healthcare is a right.

The above is from the Declaration of Independence, genius.

Life is not healthcare. Life is the opposite of death. The inclusion or absence of healthcare doesn't give or take away life. Healthcare may enhance one's life, but so can hamburgers. Are hamburgers a right?

Quit being ignorant.

/TOA

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

There we have it America, after over 200 years of waiting it has finally been proven. Thomas Jefferson, whilst writing the Declaration of Independence, actually meant we have the right to government provided medical coverage paid for by other people’s tax dollars. So much confusion, so much time deliberating, and the truth have just now revealed itself.

This is how I see it. Americans are getting from their government exactly what they wanted. Quit complaining about it already. If you proclaim the government is raping the people I say, the people like getting raped.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
this thread is just like talking to people on the street... Obama will be a bad word one day.

If you all frequent this site you understand that its the Establishment and obama is just a pawn with some power... he is just as big as a tard as bush was.

Read off the Prompter... do what your told... this is the obama way

It doesn't matter but I think obama will win again... I believe it is set up for him too

WW3 is coming, we will start it, we really already have,

The establishments plan is to kill a majority of people, to make way for the new world order

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Obama supporters ... hey if your guy doesnt' win in November, don't worry about it. You'll like Romney. There isn't much daylight between Obama and Romney so you won't even notice the switch over (if there is one).

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Obama has been playing chess, not checkers and for that I have to give him props. I think history will be kinder to him than contemporary pundits.

Healthcare Reform...had to be done. Every President Dem/GOP, left/right etc. knows this. Many have started and then chickened out due to the short term political cost. "New" democracies around the world simply included Gov. provided healthcare when they built thier govs. knowing it was a must-have for a nations long-term survival. Our model doesn't work long-term. Costs have skyrocketed...faster than inflation...faster than wage increases...and everyone needs healthcare at some point. It will crush the average citizen if left un-fixed. Doctors bills are the leading cause of personal bankruptcy right now...and has been for the past decade...even with the economic crisis, unemployment and foreclosures...MEDICAL BILLS was the leading cause for people going bankrupt. So what do we do? He couldn't get Gov. Paid healthcare passed..."Socialized Medicine", so he built a platform, a hybrid with mandate, that future Presidents and legislatures could alter...and he did it at a huge personal/political expense. I give Pres. Obama props for his long game, something very, very few Presidents focus on. BTW - The only way Healthcare works long term is to have everyone pay...to have everyone covered. It is just a matter of whether we pay a private insurer or pay the government in taxes. Simple truth and what every Republican recognized and spoke publicly about before President Obama came to office.

What I would like to see him do in his second term...continue the long game and get a real plan in place to get us off of Oil. He won't do it 4 years, but a foundation?, and it will be a bit of an ugly beast like Healthcare reform was after compromising with the GOP, but to get a real Alternative Energy plan in place where we can tell the middle-east to go ef themselves in 10 years? That would rock. I think that is what he is starting to do. Right now the USA is producing more domestic oil than it has since 2003...more than GWBs last 5 years in office AND he is pushing for alternative energy. If he got an alternative energy plan/platform for future Presidents to build on or adapt, that would satisfy me.

I want the President to keep focused on the long term, rather than his political future. That goes for Obama and any POTUS. Obama isn't the greatest President in history, but I do like his willingness to sacrifice political advantage in the short term to get long term, much needed, iniatives passed.

After Energy....a NEW SPACE RACE...about the only part of Wacko Gingrich's platform that I like!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I think equalized healthcare is good for everybody.

As long as the individual taxpayers don't have to pay the inflated rates for insurance.

That goes for all forms of taxation.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Half of the things that he said he would do during his initial campaign for the presidency (i.e. everything that he didn't do).

That said, even a high school going me could tell that Obama was just going to be more of the same all of those years ago. That's why I've been a Ron Paul supporter all of this time, because he's consistent, means what he says, and believes in the rule of law.

Honestly, I can only see hardline democrats being excited about voting for Obama after everything that he's done, although anyone other than Paul winning the nomination might put the win right in Obama's pocket, what with WObama and Frothy being so conservative and sane (respectively).

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I don't think I want anything from Obama -- he's tried and succeeded at a lot of things. It's the Republicans that I'd love to send a message to (but they aren't listening.)

I would like the *REPUBLICANS* to start supporting tighter environmental regulations. I'd like to see them support health care for people who aren't wealthy. I'd like to see them slap the wealthy and big corporations with a fair share of the tax. I'd like for them to quit blaming and start compromising and fix things. I'd like them to quit supporting big oil companies and pipelines and start thinking about the future with grants and programs to get efficient energy transportation.

I'd like to see Republicans continue to support Head Start and school lunch programs. I'd like to see the TAKS tests dismantled. There's a lot of things that could be fixed if they'd learn to compromise and work with the Democrats.

He'll get my vote again.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWizard

All of them. 1.8 milion dead will be voting this year.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
NDAA & Patriot Act

boy doesn't need another four years of that kind of crap.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LonelyGuy
reply to post by muse7

well he could start by accomplishing his promises from the first term. like closing gitmo. thats still open 3 years later.

They are giving $750,000.00 to build a soccer field out there so, I dont think they will be closing it.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
If he wins I would like him to work on fixing all the stuff he made worse during his first term.
But something tells me it's gonna take a lot longer to fix than another "FORE" years.

Another Obama administration will surely make this country beyond repair.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
I would also like to see Obama continue the green energy grant and loan program.

The success rate is astounding to say the least.

We are well on our way to a no-oil energy system that should be accomplished by the year 2525.
(give or take 200 years or so)

2525 is a LONG time away.

edit on 29-2-2012 by Henley because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
I think equalized healthcare is good for everybody.

As long as the individual taxpayers don't have to pay the inflated rates for insurance.

That goes for all forms of taxation.

Nothing in life is free. We will all pay dearly for the insurance and it's not going to be pretty

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
NDAA & Patriot Act

Place the blame where it belongs -- both acts were created and pushed through the House and Senate by Republicans.

Democrats howled about it, but the Republicans refused to back down.

It's okay to dislike Obama, but you should dislike him for things he's actually done and not for things that the other party did during his term.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by eLPresidente
NDAA & Patriot Act

Place the blame where it belongs -- both acts were created and pushed through the House and Senate by Republicans.

Democrats howled about it, but the Republicans refused to back down.

It's okay to dislike Obama, but you should dislike him for things he's actually done and not for things that the other party did during his term.

Uhhh...what?

He SPECIFICALLY CAMPAIGNED on NOT re-authorizing the PATRIOT ACT.

What did he do? the complete opposite.

He WARNED he would NOT SIGN the NDAA when the house of reps was trying to push it through.

What did he do? signed it like a coward on New Year's Eve.

You kidding me right now?

I am placing the blame SQUARELY where it belongs.

By the way, isn't this thread supposed to be in POLITICIANS & PEOPLE?

Obama is worried.

edit on 1-3-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Obama supporters ... hey if your guy doesnt' win in November, don't worry about it. You'll like Romney. There isn't much daylight between Obama and Romney so you won't even notice the switch over (if there is one).

For once, I totally agree with you. I love the irony of people voting for Romney for the sole purpose of getting Obama out of office.

ps edit - You could say the Romney is just a pale imitation. Get it? Pale? Ah, nevermind.
edit on 1-3-2012 by Cuervo because: Inserted pigmentation pun

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

By your definition then, abortion should be illegal, right?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. It says in your constitution that healthcare is a right.

No. It says you have a right to live. It doesn't say you have a right to a commodity to help you live better or longer. Health care is a commodity. It is a good and a service. It is not a right. It is impossible to make health care a 'right' in a capitalist society.
edit on 3/1/2012 by FlyersFan because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join