It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Anonymous really?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I'm puzzled by this question. I don't get it! Just reading the first page of this website, I see almost a synonymous agenda to anonymous. They are saying the government is corrupt and needs to be shut down, and then Anonymous targets them?

www.armageddonconspiracy.co.uk...

If this is the real Illuminati website, then Anonymous must have a lot to learn about who their targeting. Im pretty sure Anonymous was hijacked like the 9/11 planes, by the government.

I mean look at this!
anonnews.org...

Anonymous has gone crazy? No. Somethin's fishy, and iii doonntt like it.
Any comments?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythfury

The 'Illuminati' don't have a website.
But yes anonymous was either hijacked or a shill operation from the start. If they were legitimate they would not have got so much media attention; just like wikileaks.
edit on 29-2-2012 by IgnorantSpecies because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Anonymous is not a single group with central leadership. Venture into the deep web to learn more. There are many anonymous groups. Some do it for the "lulz" others do not.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

Please. Scroll to the bottom of this site. Tell me what you see. A response to Anonymous? What?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Anon is a CIA launch pad,where they can cause up risings( mid east)occupy s rest of the world under a fale name and no face quite clever but he are all getting to smart for them.
They cause the problem to get a reaction so the gov can
Give us the solution.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mythfury
reply to post by Snoopy1978

Please. Scroll to the bottom of this site. Tell me what you see. A response to Anonymous? What?

Did you even read what was written to whom you replied?

Anonymous are many groups... some are political, others juvenile.

God these "anon is cia" "anon is the government" threads are silly...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Anonymous started as a group of online pedophile hunters...now they are a big joke making Warner Bros. money with their advertising of Guy Fawkes masks to sheople pretending to be anti-government/anti-capitalist (sold by WB as V for Vendetta merchandise)...they are cyber terrorists doing little more than using digital spray paint....it wouldn't surprise me if the government ran all of the supposed anonymous groups

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Anonymous may or may not have been hijacked but it does not make the original message any less true. We need to unify and fight back against those that control us.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by KwisatzHaderach

I could not agree with you more! We do need to take back control... just wish I knew where to start....

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nfldtater

I am currently writing a document which will hopefully speed up the process.
2nd line.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BULLETINYOURHEAD

Organized crime in it's finest.

1. Create problem
2. Solve problem
3. Sell solution

or

"Hey Mr Store owner, pay us $50 a week and we will protect your store."
"No thanks my store is safe"
....that night "looters" raid the store and steal merchandise...
"Hey Mr Store owner what happened to your store?"
"These looters raided the place..."
"You know for $50 a week we could make sure it never happens again"

I just wish we could all come past the fact Anon is not come club that we can join and get involved in fundraisers ans such for.

Anon is just a name. Thats it. If you go out and protest with an Anon mask on, guess what your anonymous. Plain and simple. Thats what Anon started out as.

Unfortunately this level of anybody could be one, really means just that ANYONE could become one, even members of our own GOV.

When thats happens you have sabotage, get the MSM to report sabotaged Anon activity, and the people will be pissed at anyone who merely resemble the idea of Anon. Typical MSM warfare.
edit on 1-3-2012 by sykonot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by KwisatzHaderach
Anonymous may or may not have been hijacked but it does not make the original message any less true. We need to unify and fight back against those that control us.

There original message was Pedophiles need to GTFO...the current group(s) have nothing to do with the original goals....

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
First post. Hello all.

Anonymous started on 4chan.org as a group of random kids that played pranks on people and posted silly pictures. Since the board forces everyone to post as "Anonymous" no one had an identity. So as people played around we would start saying we were "Anonymous."

Several years a go something called "Project Chanology" began, where Anonymous (still random kids at this point remember) started attacking Scientology around the world. This caused significant media attention to be brought to anonymous. Activists from other causes began to take up the banner of Anonymous for their own causes for what it represented: a disorganized group of people who barley know each other coming together to reach a goal, serious or stupid.

Many people have now taken up the banner and name of Anonymous, there is no central leadership, there is no "central command" or anything like that. Any group can use the name, so organizations that call themselves Anonymous are rather varied in their methods and targets.

I know it doesn't mean much, but I was one of those random kids on 4chan back when Anonymous would just attack random targets out of boredom or some sort of reactionary anger. One of our sayings was "No one is as cruel, as we all are together"

There isn't really anything mysterious about them to be honest. The idea of Anonymous is that a group of people can not be attacked the way an individual can be attacked, an individual can be silenced or stopped, a group of people who barely know each others names can not be.

Hope that helped!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NoWorldOrder12

Which is an admirable goal.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Anons are awesome people sometimes. I like the phrase though from V for vendetta. "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof." Thats would actually describe the anons wearing mask who decided to go a more anti establishment route. They currently have a op called,"the plan" running until dec 2oth this year and will implement it at midnight. Now this offshoot of Anon might not be in keeping with original Anons goals, but its interesting to see all the possible outcomes from the offshoot go. Will i tbe goverment secrets from all over the world? will it be a big joke? Who knows and thats is why its fun.

new topics

top topics

join