It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Sees Iran Attacks as Likely if Israel Strikes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

U.S. Sees Iran Attacks as Likely if Israel Strikes

www.nytimes.com

American officials who have assessed the likely Iranian responses to any attack by Israel on its nuclear program believe that Iran would retaliate by launching missiles on Israel and terrorist-style attacks on United States civilian and military personnel overseas.

a missile retaliation against Israel would be virtually certain

The Iranian targets, General Cartwright and other American analysts believe, would include petroleum infrastructure in the Persian Gulf, and American troops in Afghanistan
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Israel and the USA have agreed that an analysis proves that if Israel were to attack Iran's nuclear sites, Iran would retaliate by firing missiles into Israel and committing acts of terrorism against America.

“The balance the Iranians will try to strike is doing damage that is sufficiently significant, but just short of what it would take for America to invade,” said General Cartwright

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
in other words, USA sees Iran will defend itself!

who wouldnt?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Haha i know.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
No way! Iran will retaliate if they're attacked? This is what we pay these guys for? Half a$$ed assessments?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
No way! Iran will retaliate if they're attacked? This is what we pay these guys for? Half a$$ed assessments?

And don't forget that spooky word "terrorism"!

The only terrorist attacks on US soil have been at the hands of US and Israeli agents.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Oh look, another thread where ATS members blindly support a terrorist state because it's fashionable and members want to be popular. It's OK to dislike Israel, Iran and the US at the same time dummies. Your hate for one country doesn't justify blind support for another. Iran appears to be that girl at the party with beer flavored ni........

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
The US and ISRAEL legally bomb nations who are no threat.
According to the US and Israel if those nations defend themselves its committing terrorism.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I was commenting on the asinine assessment, thus insulting the intelligence of many people. Furthermore I don't take sides, and think that anyone who is attacked should defend themselves. Does Iran have the capability to do evil things? Undoubtedly yes. They're not the only ones though.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Oh look, another thread where ATS members blindly support a terrorist state because it's fashionable and members want to be popular. It's OK to dislike Israel, Iran and the US at the same time dummies. Your hate for one country doesn't justify blind support for another. Iran appears to be that girl at the party with beer flavored ni........

Again... it's not about liking Iran. It's about disliking the obscene and most outrageous idea that the US are actually in the middle east to "defend" and "help" people. The western forces always gets painted in a picture like this, even though it is so far from the truth as can be.

I agree... the individual military personal might think he's doing a good thing because he's either incredibly stupid or because the brain wash is incredibly efficient.

So in short... yeah, Iran has some hefty rethoric that borders on insane / idiotic, but the west and even more Israel are all a bunch of f****** liars and we as citizens in those countries should be damn ashamed of what we have not stood up against for so long.

To end this... Yes, OFCOURSE Iran will PROTECT themselves if the zionist terrorist state attacks them based on in-transparent intel and media spin.
Wether or not Iran will punish the US for Israel attack I don't know... If it was me, I would strive to kill only the Israeli forces and avoid hurting US personal. However... I would also kindly suggest US personal to get the beep away from Israeli military and infrastructural buildings.

I think the US assertions are based on crap... it comes off as an excuse to meddle in the war once it starts.

Another lie to fill the pocket. Horrendous!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Iran could have/should have been dealt with years ago but it is somebody's agenda to let it grow to a major issue.

Who might that somebody be?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Actually, I think this one is more accurate anyway.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
'It's a sin': Iran calls on treaty to ban nuclear weapons

And as was pointed out in the thread, the only country to use both nuclear bombs on other nations the US and they've used their nuclear waste as well.

top topics

join