It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lie about the DOW JONES

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by badconduct

Silver grows much slower and would provide protection from inflation.

People buying gold right now though once the economy improves will suffer losses big losses.

Really there is no 100% safe investment as every markets has up swings and down swings.

Physical assets are alwayse best if you can swing them though.
When land is cheap buy it, even if land is on a roller-coaster it's still something that will alwayse swing back up eventually.

All you can do really is be patient and diversify enough, and be willing to hold some losses while letting go of others.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pigraphia
reply to post by badconduct

Silver grows much slower and would provide protection from inflation.

People buying gold right now though once the economy improves will suffer losses big losses.

Really there is no 100% safe investment as every markets has up swings and down swings.

Physical assets are alwayse best if you can swing them though.
When land is cheap buy it, even if land is on a roller-coaster it's still something that will alwayse swing back up eventually.

All you can do really is be patient and diversify enough, and be willing to hold some losses while letting go of others.

DOW is up today, bringing Gold, Silver and Oil with it like it normally does. Some of my shares are in Gold mining and African oil ventures. I keep physical silver though, and I am slowly growing my supply while it is inexpensive. I'm also hanging onto Copper pennies.

I plan on investing into some smaller oil tech companies as well, as advancements in refining and delivery will be necessarily if costs are high.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join