It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introductions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Hello. I just happened to find this site a couple of weeks ago and thought some of the topics were interesting.

I guess what made me to decide to become a member is observing the interaction between other members. Most seem intelligent and present some interesting information in a well thought out argument. Some others are just purely entertaining.

Reading some of the posts, I at times wonder if some of the members aren't taking hallucinagenic drugs? I then wonder if any of the members are married, have children, or are they employeed. This is not meant as an insult, just some questions I have come up with after reading some of the material.

Anyway, I am glad that I found this site. Although I don't consider myself to be a consiracy theorist, per se, I do feel that many things are askew. Environmetal, medical, food production, monetary policy, and particularly American politics. I have come to believe that no one party is truely representative of the American people anymore. I feel that these two parties are being used by the power elite of this country to divide and conquer us. For what reason, I do not know. And I do not know whether the things that I feel are askew due to some conspiracy, or just due to the pure ignorance of man in general, and particularly those in power.

So, I have become a member in the hopes of not only enlightening myself regarding topics that I find interesting, but also to observe and learn the pratical use of logical argument. This is an invaluable skill. And although I am familiar with the scientific method, I have just not used it in my own life all that much. No need to really, when one is just dealing with the day to day mudane struggle to survive. But, I have come to rely on 'intuitive observation'. For some, this may be heresy. But for me, not only do I find it useful, but I believe in it. It sometimes steers me wrong, but most of the time, it does not.

So, again, hello to all the other ATS members. If during my travels through your platform I offend anyone,

my appologies.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
heya fella, welcome to the show.

lights, cameras.....silence on the set, tape rolling.........3,2,1, action

see you round the posts

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Hello and welcome aboard ,see you around the circuit

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Reading some of the posts, I at times wonder if some of the members aren't taking hallucinagenic drugs?

Absolutely not. But some are ET, or at least partly so.

Hi.
edit on 2/29/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Getting on this website you have access to one of two things. wonderful information. or the ramblings of psychopaths.

this website is an interesting one nontherless.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Hello there, here's a special presentation just for you. It will help you become a valued member of the community after reading..

Welcome Another10Pin

For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish. Once you have achieved 20 post replies, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

You are able to send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now (after the 20 reply-post minimum, you'll have full access to any member).

To save yourself a lot of searching and even possible future heartache and frustration, please review the below....

Some handy links to get you started in becoming an informed and valued member of ATS.

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read first)

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Be sure to try out our Ask ATS with the 'topic' search words of your choice. I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too. We encourage everyone to please contribute to existing threads rather than start a new one. This will also help guarantee that your thread won't end up as a duplicate located elsewhere. The ATS Search feature is your friend!

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, so with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

* Please check out those links posted above before getting on one of the rides. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

* Please be sure to act like an 'civil' adult and are at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward).

* Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your all on. You should be mentally fit, stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

* Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might expect. Be aware you also might end up learning something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride.

* Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

* Please have fun! But be aware that if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, intentially spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is not only for your safety, but also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

Johnny

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
hello to all. i joined ATS today, having lurked as a viewer for some time. i'm interested in most things conspiratorial, and all things extraterrestrial. thanks!

top topics

join