It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satans Paradox For Truth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Figures like Satan and the devil are there to see how much faith a Christian has. Like everything in nature, the strong have a better chance to survive, the weak will likely stay behind with the other weak. If someone cannot be convinced their soul can be stolen or taken, such a Christian has a good indication he/she will make it to heaven, never to be swayed by temptations of power over another Christian which I think is a big deal in heaven.

Keeping those people close and it's less difficult to become swayed yourself. While being around those who constantly live in fear because they regard the soul as imperfect and it's more difficult to accept the soul as something perfect. Those are the people who do evil to themselves and eachother by pretending someone can hurt another mentally. While in truth it is they themselves that choose to react a certain way, there is no evil in the vibrations of the air, there is in fact no evil to be found in this entire creation but in the mind of humans themselves who then try to put it in other minds as expected because that is how evil works.

In reality we're all seperated from eachother without a carrier wave for evil to jump from mind to mind, unless the individual chooses knowingly or unknowingly there is no way evil can reproduce. What most people don't like about this is that the same applies for everything good and we like to believe we can share the good stuff, or make people feel better. Also, not being able to become convinced by another means eveyone need to convince themselves for all of eternity. For some people, that means a lot of work so they choose the easy way of having others thinking for them and so they can happily go about living their lives.
edit on 29/2/2012 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear FugitiveSoul,

Have a nice rest, I shall be turning in shortly myself.

I believe intent does play a part and knowledge of the effect that our words will have also matters. I would not explain certain things to children because they need to understand basics in order to understand greater truths and they need to learn how to learn for themselves to be truly free, as in free will. Evil, in your scenario, would not be telling someone something that might upset their world view, it would be telling them it before they were ready to deal with it. If I knew that a comet was going to destroy the earth tomorrow and kill us all, I would not tell my three year old, they will be better off not knowing. It is not about telling the truth, it is about explaining things to someone before they have enough fundamentals to decide what it means for themselves.

As for denying your spirituality, sorry, I thought you had said you didn't believe in God and was trying to respect that. Whether there is a God or not, my definition of good and evil remains the same. Good is giving more than you took, evil is taking more than you gave. Both of these implies without agreement or consent or understanding. Peace.

No worries.
It seems we're getting closer to understanding one another, but we're just not there yet.
We began this discussion about this far apart:

...I...........................................................I....

And now we're about here:

............................I...I...................................

I don't think the decision to tell or not tell someone that the world will end is the same as bestowing information that can change someone's life. Whether you tell someone a comet is going to hit, or you don't, the "shock of knowing" may be prevented, but the outcome will be the same. I'm referring to the fact that if I withhold information the world will remain unchanged, however if I release said info, then the world will likely benefit, even though thousands could potentially die. I'm also talking about adults. As the father of a four year old, I can understand the need to protect the innocence of children, but at what point are people "ready" in your eyes?
There must be a window. I don't accept that people will never be ready. At some point the band-aid would just have to be ripped off, no matter what the consequences.

I think the best explanation can be found in Plato's Allegory of the Cave.

I am a huge advocate of truth, and maybe being such makes me a "devil's advocate", but I would rather suffer the truth than live the lie, even if it were my reality that the truth shattered.

[eta>] In regards to the op:
Religion, specifically Christianity, is full of metaphors that translate "seeking truth" as "evil." One of the most well known of these metaphors can be found in Genesis and the condemnation of Adam and Eve for their tampering with the Tree of Knowledge. That story paints the picture that it is a punishable sin to seek out knowledge (truth).
Another example can be found in the name Lucifer, which began as meaning "Light-Bearer" and was in regards to the Morning Star, better now known as Venus. Lucifer only appears once within the entire 66 book canon of both the Old & New Testaments, and that reference was an addition made by Christian Scribes when translating the an Old Testament Verse, which was actually discussing a fallen Babylonian King and not a Fallen Angel, nor any grand being. In the OT, the original verse doesn't even mention the name of the king.
Makes one beg the question; why would a Greek name appear in a 100% Hebrew Text?
Best guess is, when the Christians were translating the OT to build the canon for the NT, this is when they began adding all of the Old Pagan aspects into the Foundation of what would become today's Christianity; Easter, Christmas, The Resurrection Story, The Golden Rule, Lucifer, yada yada yada.
Anything that could be directly assimilated into their faith to help build numbers from the already established pagan population was added in, and anything that contradicted their ideas, or stood as "adversaries" were labelled evil or "satan."

edit on 29-2-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Dear FugitiveSoul,

I don't think the decision to tell or not tell someone that the world will end is the same as bestowing information that can change someone's life. Whether you tell someone a comet is going to hit, or you don't, the "shock of knowing" may be prevented, but the outcome will be the same. I'm referring to the fact that if I withhold information the world will remain unchanged, however if I release said info, then the world will likely benefit, even though thousands could potentially die. I'm also talking about adults. As the father of a four year old, I can understand the need to protect the innocence of children, but at what point are people "ready" in your eyes? There must be a window. I don't accept that people will never be ready. At some point the band-aid would just have to be ripped off, no matter what the consequences. I think the best explanation can be found in Plato's Allegory of the Cave. I am a huge advocate of truth, and maybe being such makes me a "devil's advocate", but I would rather suffer the truth than live the lie, even if it were my reality that the truth shattered.

I am also a big advocate of the truth; however, if one truly understands something then they should also be capable of understanding how willing and capable another is of coming to the same realization. I am also a proponent of releasing information in bits so that someone has a chance to digest the information rather than attempting to overwhelm them with all the facts at one time. Most people do not pay attention to the bigger issues and how things really are. Because of this when they begin to understand they are fearful because they come to learn just how controlled their lives are, it takes a bit of adjustment. Peace.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dizTheWiz

Dear dizTheWiz,

I thought it was a good OP and I think we all enjoyed considering the issues you raised. Peace.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dizTheWiz

Sounds like Information Entropy:

Information Entropy

But what happens to that Entropy when an old saying is put into motion:

"Sticks and stones will break my bones but werds will never hurt me."

What's sew important about werds?
It's like I recently said:

"As to the ultimate answer, once you find it, you find out that there is no such critter, for all answers are the same, regardless how trivial they may be. The importance is always on the asker and from there, importance dwindles."

WE is/are the Answer!
Everything else is just me-at!

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizTheWiz
The other day the homie KonquestAbyss and i were having our philosophical discussions when the word evil came up, and what that word actually means,

one of the online definitions. "Something that is a cause or source of suffering, injury, or destruction"

Then the question was asked if it is evil to tell a perspective of truth that opposes another persons truth resulting in pain suffering and destruction towards that person and their truth.

The word Satan i belief originally means adversary one of the definitions of adversary : "a person, group, or force that opposes or attacks; opponent; enemy; foe."

SOO us on ATS are we a bunch of adversaries, going through the motions of doing evil towards one another when we argue and lean soo heavily on our disputable truths and currently known facts and attempt reshape the minds of one another

OR do the adversaries create a paradox where their oppositions cancel each other out leaving only truth in the middle or is it all truth!

Paradox of Paradigms

Just something to think about

it is always only truth, before it was one freedom bc void as meant existence absolute, then it becomes free existence in absolute terms

but in the process liars are free existence from their wills to take advantage of that knowledge forcing themselves wills on all the process, gathered around the evil concept of negative inferiority opposition to positive superiority for absolute existence freedom life as one still, as if nothing happen, and still that what we witness, so much realities and obvious existence object and free while everyone is saying no there is nothing it is only creation and illusion
but why u know that and how it comes from words, well there is god
o yea right

so the point i meant to reply, is to show how important to dissipe confusions before meaning smthg present, evil is all one absolutely, so truth is not reacting of course but upper truth is still the present fact

so satan is satan, whatever in truth is used relatively depending where, but he is one as anything evil same concept through, since they are meant objectively not of subjects facts that are all to any relative subject so nothing to say about

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I guess what people are failing to see is that "Yes indeed we are divided by differences, and if good and evil is a difference"...Then what? You get conflict?...Wow....
edit on 24-8-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfly79
Figures like Satan and the devil are there to see how much faith a Christian has.

Sorry, the entire world was not made just for you. It's amazing how self-centered some people can become. Only such a person can fall for a religion like Christianity.

If we define "good" as "healthy" and "bad" as "harmful", then lying is only "bad" when it harms, and lying is "good" if it is benefiting others...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join