It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The systematic exaggeration of the Iranian threat

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Has Neville Chamberlain risen from the grave and gotten an ATS account? Nah, the Germans are no threat to anyone. It's just propaganda....

Germany actually invaded other countries or did you forget that. Iran hasnt. But America has lmao.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

LOL are you trying to be confusing on purpose? What does you questioning the source have to do with my opinion on the article?? I believe I dont need any more proof and that this whole Iran fiasco is nothing more than an excuse to go to war again.. What does that have anything to do with the source of the information????

Because you claimed it as proof ! His opinion,or your opinion !

Which one????

Are you special???

Sometimes..................

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
More facts

38. Previous reports by the Director General have identified outstanding issues related to possible military dimensions to Iran’s nuclear programme and actions required of Iran to resolve these. Since 2002, the Agency has become increasingly concerned about the possible existence in Iran of undisclosed nuclear related activities involving military related organizations, including activities related to the development of a nuclear payload for a missile, about which the Agency has regularly received new information.

39. The Board of Governors has called on Iran on a number of occasions to engage with the Agency on the resolution of all outstanding issues in order to exclude the existence of possible military dimensions to Iran’s nuclear programme. In resolution 1929 (2010), the Security Council reaffirmed Iran’s obligations to take the steps required by the Board of Governors in its resolutions GOV/2006/14 and GOV/2009/82, and to cooperate fully with the Agency on all outstanding issues, particularly those which give rise to concerns about the possible military dimensions to Iran’s nuclear programme, including by providing access without delay to all sites, equipment, persons and documents requested by the Agency. Since August 2008, Iran has not engaged with the Agency in any substantive way on this matter.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

LOL are you trying to be confusing on purpose? What does you questioning the source have to do with my opinion on the article?? I believe I dont need any more proof and that this whole Iran fiasco is nothing more than an excuse to go to war again.. What does that have anything to do with the source of the information????

Because you claimed it as proof ! His opinion,or your opinion !

Which one????

Are you special???

Sometimes..................

If you read the article the proof provided is quite clear.

In 2007, 16 top US intelligence agencies, including the hard-nosed CIA and Defence Intelligence Agency, assessed that Iran had no nuclear weapons research program at all. We judge with high confidence that in fall 2003, Tehran halted its nuclear weapons program; … Tehran’s decision to halt its nuclear weapons program suggests it is less determined to develop nuclear weapons than we have been judging since 2005.

Let's jump forward to January 8, 2012 when US Defence Secretary Leon Panetta told Bob Schieffer on the CBS program Face the Nation that the Iranians are not trying to develop a weapon. Here's the exchange… Schieffer: Are they trying to develop a nuclear weapon? Panetta: No, but we know that they're trying to develop a nuclear capability. And that's what concerns us. Leon Panetta went on, ...the responsible thing to do right now is to keep putting diplomatic and economic pressure on them [the Iranians] … and to make sure that they do not make the decision to proceed with the development of a nuclear weapon.

Panetta's assessment accords with another insider and no peacenik, Israel's Defence Minister, Ehud Barak. On January 18; he gave a candid interview to Israeli Army Radio. Here's what he said; Question: Is it Israel's judgment that Iran has not yet decided to turn its nuclear potential into weapons of mass destruction? Barak:… people ask whether Iran is determined to break out from the control [inspection] regime right now … in an attempt to obtain nuclear weapons or an operable installation as quickly as possible. Apparently that is not the case. …

there is more so why dont you read it

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

there is more so why dont you read it

I did read it,and I read others who commented,and asked OTHER questions,that raise questions to the authors claims.

The SAME ones I asked you.

The ones you haven't commented on.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

After this statement by the Obama administration we should have to look very carefully now at any (propaganda) sources that still continue to hype the Iranian nuclear "threat" which does not exist. Clapper used the word "hype" because that is exactly what the news media were doing. The news media was guilty of using agitation propaganda on the public.

Despite the hype surrounding Iran's pursuit of nuclear technology, the country's leaders are not likely to develop weapons unless attacked... In addition the Iranians are unlikely to initiate or intentionally provoke a conflict.

Source Testifying before the US Senate, Armed Services Committee on February 16 this year, James Clapper, America’s Director of National Intelligence. Source www.abc.net.au...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I also want the paid shills that have been crying that Americans are a bunch of Warmongers booted also.

Prove that "Americans" aren't these warmongers that people cry about then?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Iran: Enemies will face "rainy day" weapons

Hmm I wonder what those could be?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by reaxi0n
Iran: Enemies will face "rainy day" weapons

Hmm I wonder what those could be?

Now that is just sad.

I read some replies in that article and now we start throwing the chemical weapons in the mix.

Rainy day weapons could mean absolutely anything from cyber attacks (because you wouldnt go out on a rainy day) to citizens fighting back with what they have saved up for a rainy day.

edit on 29-2-2012 by munkey66 because: (no reason given)

rainy day weapons caould also be from a stockpile of old missiles or artillary that have just been gathering dust
edit on 29-2-2012 by munkey66 because: spelling and added last line

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle

I also want the paid shills that have been crying that Americans are a bunch of Warmongers booted also.

Easily.

I am American,I don't want war.
I dont want Nuclear weapons either.
I believe NO country should have them.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Easily.

Proof?
that is what you say as your belief, that is not proof

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

can we now play 10 wars that prove the US are war mongers?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Yeah, or the nukes being developed in the facilities that they refuse to let the IAEA inspect.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

Easily.

Proof?
that is what you say as your belief, that is not proof

Actions speak louder then words. My actions are not that of a "Warmonger" Neither are my beliefs.

I also believe that almost every Iranian doesn't want Nuclear weapons. That doesn't say their Government believes that . When people can look passed their own hate,and realize Governments are the cause of many ills,only then can things change.

Still, my belief,is Iran is trying to manufacture a bomb.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Yeah, or the nukes being developed in the facilities that they refuse to let the IAEA inspect.

Proof or speculation?
please stop that invisible noisless car from driving up and down your street, I have as much proof that it is there that you have about the nukes.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Proof or speculation?
please stop that invisible noisless car from driving up and down your street, I have as much proof that it is there that you have about the nukes.

When you sign a treaty agreeing to allow open inspections of all facilities, and then you refuse for over 4 years, and then you build "secret" facilities deep inside mountains, and then you elude to "rainy day weapons," yeah I'd say chances are pretty good they are developing nuclear weapons.

They have the means, as outlined by numerous IAEA reports that I'm betting you've never tried reading, and they have the motive.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

so now it is a belief you have that they are trying to produce a bomb?
no actual facts, just repetition from the media telling you about the dangerous Iranians.

Truth is , Iran cannot prove they are not building a bomb, because in the mind of the public, they are.

[T]here are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things we do not know we don't know. ” —United States Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld

you cannot win against this

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Truth is , Iran cannot prove they are not building a bomb, because in the mind of the public, they are.

Sure they could.

By allowing inspections they agreed to in the NNPT

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

can we now play 10 wars that prove the US are war mongers?

Sure,Start your own thread up.

But how about proving to me,the video doesn't have merit.

When you can prove to me EVERY American is a Warmonger,I am sure that thread will be epic..... Until then,it will be just another thread on ATS,that bashes America,and the people living in it,regardless if the people are not part of the problem. The Policy makers are the problem,just like the the leaders in Iran,are Iran's problem.

If you cant be critical of your own Government,you cant be critical of others.
edit on 29-2-2012 by sonnny1 because: spelling

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join