It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The systematic exaggeration of the Iranian threat

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

The systematic exaggeration of the Iranian threat

www.abc.net.au

Great news, Iran is not building a bomb and that comes directly from the people who know; the Israelis, the Americans and their security agencies.

In 2007, 16 top US intelligence agencies, including the hard-nosed CIA and Defence Intelligence Agency, assessed that Iran had no nuclear weapons research program at all.

We judge with high confidence that in fall 2003, Tehran halted its nuclear weapons program; … Tehran’s decision to halt its nuclear weapons program suggests it is less determined to develop nuclear weapons than we have been judging since 2005.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Well there you have it. From the horses mouth that IRAN is NOT building weapons grade nuclear weapons.

So can we have all the paid shills who have been crying that Iran need to be taken out booted from this site please?

There is no greater proof required. The ABC is as mainstream a news agency as you can get seeing as its sponsored by the Government.

So there you have it folks proof in the pudding. Once again you war mongering psychopaths are wrong.

So why are American hawks banging the drums for war when the US Defence Secretary says, Iran hasn't even made a "decision to proceed with the development of a nuclear weapon" let alone a weapon itself?

I cant wait to see what some of you have to say now. "errr...errrr..errrrr"

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 28-2-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Something doesn't sound right about this...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
If people don't get it yet that this is a post-ideological world, they never will. I hope I am wrong. The war machine will grind away as long as people join it and support it. It's simple really.

I am so sick of violence being pumped at us.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sykonot
Something doesn't sound right about this...

LOL yeah all the evidence provided in the article is too much for your brain to digest. Are those cracks in your wall of fantasy I see?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Well there you have it. From the horses mouth that IRAN is NOT building weapons grade nuclear weapons.

Iran has a hidden Nuclear facility,for "peaceful" purposes.......Have an answer for that ?

Can you also explain why they sign a treaty,to let inspectors in their facility's,then basically tell them they cant do their job?

Why sign a treaty then?

So can we have all the paid shills who have been crying that Iran need to be taken out booted from this site please?

I agree.Paid shills suck. I also want the paid shills that have been crying that Americans are a bunch of Warmongers booted also.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Iran has a hidden Nuclear facility,for "peaceful" purposes.......Have an answer for that ?

Can you also explain why they sign a treaty,to let inspectors in their facility's,then basically tell them they cant do their job?

Why sign a treaty then?

I agree.Paid shills suck. I also want the paid shills that have been crying that Americans are a bunch of Warmongers booted also.

Here is a novel idea......wait for it......ready?? READ THE DAM ARTICLE!!!
There is evidence from your own government genius so why the hell are you arguing this point for. YOUR OWN PEOPLE say they are NOT doing it.

So you believe FOX news over your generals? hahahha Smart move lol.

Testifying before the US Senate, Armed Services Committee on February 16 this year, James Clapper had this exchange with Senator, Lindsey Graham, a Republican from South Carolina. Lindsey Graham: You have doubt about the Iranian’s intention when it comes to making a nuclear weapon? James Clapper: I do. Graham: So you're not sure they're trying to make a bomb? [...] Clapper: I think they're keeping themselves in a position to make that decision but there are certain things they have not yet done and have not done for some time. [...] At the same hearing he was quoted as making this extraordinary admission, Despite the hype surrounding Iran's pursuit of nuclear technology, the country's leaders are not likely to develop weapons unless attacked... In addition the Iranians are unlikely to initiate or intentionally provoke a conflict.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Heres a great reply from your "opinionated " source......

You forgot to mention a few facts. In November 2011, a report from UN weapons inspectors challenged the claim that Iran wasn’t building nuclear weapons.

The International Atomic Energy Agency released a trove of evidence that they said makes a “credible” case that “Iran has carried out activities relevant to the development of a nuclear device” and that the project may still be under way. This was seen as the harshest judgment that United Nations weapons inspectors had ever issued in their decade-long struggle to pierce the secrecy surrounding the Iranian program.

On February 24, 2012 international nuclear inspectors reported that Iran was moving more rapidly to produce nuclear fuel than many outsiders expected, at a deep underground site – a site that they have refused access to by nuclear inspectors.

Your article failed to mention this.

You failed to mention Iran’s refusal to allow independent inspectors. You failed to mention why a ‘peaceful’ nuclear program is being built 90 km underground. Iran has said many many times it intends to wipe Israel from this planet. This article reads like something from Neville Chamberlin.

Great article. Gleaned some good info from it.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Oh jeez someone must be up past bedtime.

Dont start a war now...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sykonot

Oh jeez someone must be up past bedtime.

Dont start a war now...

Its 4:30 Pm here. Not sure what your sleeping patterns are like but I dont sleep in the afternoon.....

Oh wait your American you think there are no other timezones but yours. Sorry my mistake. I must say its unusually bright for night time.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

You forgot to mention a few facts. In November 2011, a report from UN weapons inspectors challenged the claim that Iran wasn’t building nuclear weapons.

The International Atomic Energy Agency released a trove of evidence that they said makes a “credible” case that “Iran has carried out activities relevant to the development of a nuclear device” and that the project may still be under way. This was seen as the harshest judgment that United Nations weapons inspectors had ever issued in their decade-long struggle to pierce the secrecy surrounding the Iranian program.

On February 24, 2012 international nuclear inspectors reported that Iran was moving more rapidly to produce nuclear fuel than many outsiders expected, at a deep underground site – a site that they have refused access to by nuclear inspectors.

Your article failed to mention this.

You failed to mention Iran’s refusal to allow independent inspectors. You failed to mention why a ‘peaceful’ nuclear program is being built 90 km underground. Iran has said many many times it intends to wipe Israel from this planet. This article reads like something from Neville Chamberlin.

Great article. Gleaned some good info from it.

Your quoting your own statements lmao deluded much?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

That National Intelligence Estimate (NIE), as it's called, has never been rescinded.

Let's jump forward to January 8, 2012 when US Defence Secretary Leon Panetta told Bob Schieffer on the CBS program Face the Nation that the Iranians are not trying to develop a weapon. Here's the exchange…

Schieffer: Are they trying to develop a nuclear weapon?

Panetta: No, but we know that they're trying to develop a nuclear capability. And that's what concerns us.

from the OP
dunno that seems pretty up to date and to the point

90KM underground? ....really?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Wasn't "his own statement"

hence the "off site content" box....

You have also not addressed anything that was written in it.
edit on 2-28-12 by reaxi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

to quote your own statement makes it look more credable and gives the impression that it is a part of the article, because it is well known that only a small % actually read the articles and wait for the best bits to be quoted.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Your quoting your own statements lmao deluded much?

Nope,just someone that understands that the Article you are USING,comes from "The Drum",Opinion article.

The man who wrote that statement,obviously is much smarter then the man who wrote the "opinionated" piece.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
In the end what does it matter anyway? If the USA Inc wants Iran out then it's going to happen, don't think I like saying this, we have been doing it all over the middle east for a decade and it wont be ending soon.

Shish the USA Inc just made its own citizen war subjects and everyday we are given less and less room to breathe before we could be deemed a threat, even though it really is just a threat to them.

The fact that you are arguing whether or not Iran is doing this or that concludes you wish to carry out a personal warfare online over nothing, which coincides with the fact that its a beautiful day outside apparently and your glued to the pc screen.

Shame on you.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaxi0n

then he wont have a problem linking to the statement he quoted from the article I linked........Oh wait none of the garbage he quoted was from my article..whoops hahahhahahah

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaxi0n

then he wont have a problem linking to the statement he quoted from the article I linked........Oh wait none of the garbage he quoted was from my article..whoops hahahhahahah

It's from the comments section posted under the article....all you have to do is scroll down......

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

your quote is from the comments section NOT the article there is a big difference
the fact that you didn't state that is well...telling

and really illustrates the Op's statement about the systematic overstatement of the threat of Iran

way to go
edit on 28-2-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by sonnny1

yupr quote is from the comments section not the article there is a big difference
the fact that you didn't state that is well...telling

and really illustrates the Op's statement about the systematic overstatement of the threat of Iran

way to go

He didn't state it? Weird cause I see this....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join