It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Anchor Shepard Smith Dying of AIDS? Is Fox News Hiding This?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

My favorite Anchor on Fox News is not looking too well these days. Fox News' Shepard Smith is a well known gay man and is said to frequent gay bars in his free time. Would this have anything to do with his poor looks, weight loss? Rumors circling the internet are speculating that the 48 year old has AIDS.

If Shep has AIDS it is a dilemma for FNC. Because of their anti-gay stance would they hide this? Shep is also slowly being replaced by beauty Harris Faulkner who is appearing a lot more on FNC due to Sheps recurring absences.

How can a man go from this:

To this?
ugg!

I hope he does not have AIDS and I hope he has a speedy recovery. He is one of my favorite News Reporters and seems to enjoy what he does. He is honest and unbias, mostly! Get well soon Shep!

After all he brought us the Bear Sightings!

edit on 28-2-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

You know.. I saw him the other day on t.v. and thought he looked a little sick and much thinner.
I didn't know that he was gay though. He has money though and they have medicines now that can prolong life a lot nowadays, so who knows?
edit on 28-2-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
That comparison picture doesn't fully illustrate just how sick he really looks right now. I saw him on Fox the other day and he looked so Ill that I couldn't believe he was working.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
He looks the same to me, just different lighting ... or am i missing something? ??

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
After more research on his weight loss it appears that he has lost too much but can this really affect your health THAT much?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CaLyps0

You would have to see him on t.v.
He doesn't look good at all.
Look here:

And here is a series of photos showing some of the change, but it's not a great representation.
LINK
edit on 28-2-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Yea I noticed that too, I added a newer pic up top from the huff post article.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Err.... huh? You're saying Fox has an Anti-Gay position, but in the same OP, your saying he's a well known Gay man and he's one of their top faces in prime time. He's actually one of the few I still listen to occasionally if I happen to catch his show at the right time. I didn't realize Fox had an Anti-Gay bias though. Perhaps a few of the personalities...but which ones? I sure didn't know Shep was gay, but it shows how much that matters to me if this was well known as you suggest.

I also hope the best for him. He's been a straight shooter from my experience with his coverage, and one of the only men to show emotion and actually say it like it was for the tragedy and horror of Katrina while it was happening. Here's hoping he's around for many seasons to come.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I find it ironic that you accuse Fox of having an "anti-gay" stance and also accuse Shep of being "a well-known gay" (news to me)....Well if Fox is so "anti-gay" as you claim then why is Shep even employed there??

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

IDK if Fox is completely anti-gay, but they sure don't advertise that Shep is gay. www.advocate.com...

And if he had AIDS, there would be some type of policy he has to stick to in order to announce this on the air, if ever. Especially if he was thinking about cutting up his new three year contract to recover. Let's hope it's not that.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Watching him right now....he just looks like he's aging. Nothing more to me.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

They have pundits notoriously against gay marriage and they support candidates like Rick Santorum who think gay relationships are akin to beastiality..

Yeah Fox news is pretty biased against gays as are there religious conservative majority viewers.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

He looks very unhealthy in that picture..

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Same here. Have not watched Fox for a week. Saw him last nite and thought he looked ghastly and ghostly. His eyes were sunk in and the bags under them were reddish orange in color, not dark like bruises, if that makes sense, and his face was skinny and even his voice was different. Maybe he is pulling overtime because of the elections. This election year WILL be one to remember and I think all of MSM knows this. The head honchos may even know things that only the topdogs know. Or maybe he spent too much time in the bathroom at The Tender Loin...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   
Small question.
If Shep is gay (who cares) and he does look ill (yes, he does) why is it assumed that he has AIDS?

I like Shep, and hope he's okay. But the OP shouldn't equate gay with AIDS. I mean, isn't this 2012? Treatment for HIV+ is readily avaliable. I hope it's not something worse.

Remember Tony Snow?

link   
Fox has many gay personalities, I don't think there is a bias.

I used to enjoy Shep, but lastly he seemed a little off...I felt like he was losing it a little.

That said, I hope he is ok.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
He really changed after Katrina when he came upon that dead person on the bridge,lying there alone ,it affected him.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That's what I was saying. With his money he could afford treatment if he had it and I doubt he would be on t.v. if it was ravaging him as implied. In the link I posted a person made a timeline of him and said he was at the gym too much which is probably just as much of an assumption as the OP is making, but maybe not. He is probably just losing weight and since he is older it isn't looking great on him.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Could just be weight loss

Remember the 50 cent fiasco

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I guess I'm the only one who didn't know Shep Smith was gay, news to me.

As for the 'looks' he does look a little gaunt. Some diseases/ailments are known to show on the face and neck first.

HEP C
AIDS
CANCER

And some other 'wasting' diseases. Sorry to say but it looks like he's not well. It was not long ago he looked healthy, and age doesn't creep up that fast unless he hit a wall or drug abuse. I don't think he's the type to turn to meth or crack.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join