It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you watch Gladiatorial Death matches?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

No.

Beating up, killing, violence is a real turn off to me, a real turn off.

Anyone that would enjoy this is the type of person I would not care to associate with.

This includes wrestling and boxing.

I also very rarely watch TV now.

This increase in acceptance of violence in our video games, movies, music, etc is the dark half (some call Satan) I suspect other dimensional forces / the dark forces gaining influence over us.

Scary times - man is losing his humanity.

We're in serious need of a upgrade to our DNA, with some sugar and spice and everything nice added in vs the greed, violence, hate and cruelty that might be the signing of our species's death warrant.

Now with that being said, I regularly take lessons at a gun range and can now handle a .45 with accuracy.

If someone were to break into my home, I would be able to defend myself and my family.

However the ramifications of taking another life would haunt me forever.

The opening post question is scary because it goes right back to a mentality of the Romans - have we progressed as a species so little as to even consider this?

edit on 29-2-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Anyone that would enjoy this is the type of person I would not care to associate with. This includes wrestling and boxing.
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Wow what a bigot. You would not assosciate with people because they like a martial art? Well, I would not assosciate with people like you, bigots that is.

And yet, when TSHTF you would beg people like that to save your ass, and they probably would.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Thanks for understanding my post.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Lets talk about this and please keep religion and trolling out of this..peace,sugarcookie1

1. My beliefs on this subject are partially inspired by my faith/religion. By censoring that portion of the conversation, I cannot reply in full.

2. History does tell of certain religions being selected for gladiatorial contests. This would be redacted as well under those things forbidden to speak.

Best wishes.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

.You may as well legalize murder if you're going to do something like this..

What is war, capital punishment, euthanasia and abortion?

Acceptance to immorality is not accomplished with one mighty blow, it is ushered in step by step, inch by inch, so that you don't even see it coming, it just sneaks in little by little.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

If someone were to break into my home, I would be able to defend myself and my family. However the ramifications of taking another life would haunt me forever.

Please don´t ever take that gun and go downstairs when it is that time cause you´re going to get yourself killed. He who hesitates in war is lost.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Interesting enough, to bring a nice touch to the fact that America could not get over when videos of beheading and Saddam's hanging along with other news of death are shown in the net.

Double standards, if you tell me.

Funny yet, that many here are so young that they do not even consider that the thread is nothing but a "suggestion" a "what will happen if" and nothing but a fantasy hypothesis, that in our present society of rules and laws at least here in the US will never happen.

Sooooo, let keep searching for violence death and keep promoting American real wars outside our shores as long as the deaths and gore are not happening in our backyards

edit on 29-2-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
if there was fatcats fighting to death with some lions on the sideline I would pay for a ticket

nano nano

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bastardo

I didn't say martial arts................that is learning self defense.

Don't name call, you don't know me and that's trolling and a mod should be calling you on that.

A death match is way different than a martial arts match.

Don't twist my words to suit your agenda.

I have also taken a couple course in karate myself.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I'm regularly being trained in self defense with a gun. Keep my doors locked so would hear a door being busted down.

If the intruder is a stranger, no there would be no hesitation on my part.

I'm taking lessons..................so I am a responsible and informed gun owner.

BTW: My husband is 67 and I am 59.

Older people tend to be preyed upon by younger people more.

We live in a "nice neighborhood" but I'm not about ready to let some young punk invade my home and hurt me or my loved ones.

If I had to defend myself, I would feel remorse at having to take it that far but that would have been the intruders choice and not mine.

So, any and all intruders out there..............be aware, many of us old people are no longer going to take being victimized. You think old people are "easy targets".

I've had a 45 held to my face before, I've seen death close up and personal working in nursing.

I'm not going down and out without a fight, but I'm not looking for one.

Would rather everyone just play nice but some people have to be bullies.

Death matches promote this mentality.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
People have a history of enjoying violence and death. Public Hangings were once a popular attraction for large crowds.

Blame it on the Politically correct brigade, always trying to ruin our fun.
Thats a joke btw

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Considering that the cable series SPARTACUS is very successful, as was the movie GLADIATOR, I would think that, yes, enough people would pay to see two men fight to the death. Look at TV wrestling and chop-socky shows, which are tremendously popular, even (or especially) when someone bleeds or appears to suffer a serious injury. Look at video games that involve shooting, stabbing, etc., every minute. We even watch football - as if seeing a ball moved from one end of a field to the other was interesting - because we see big men collide like freight trains. And don't get me started on prize fighting.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Shoonra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a real life "running man" tv series?!!!!

ill get the popcorn

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

I didn't say martial arts................that is learning self defense.

Don't name call, you don't know me and that's trolling and a mod should be calling you on that.

A death match is way different than a martial arts match.

Don't twist my words to suit your agenda.

I have also taken a couple course in karate myself.

Martial arts, fighting sports, the same thing. It´s not only self defense. There are are martial art tournaments and matches and boxing can be in self defense so......

Anyone that would enjoy this is the type of person I would not care to associate with. This includes wrestling and boxing.

Ok...you didn´t mean to say that you wouldn´t assosciate with a person that enjoys wrestling and boxing, cause that´s what you said.

It´s called bigotry, if you feel that it is name calling on my part please run and tell mods, so that someone else can take care of it.

I wasn´t comparing a death match to martial arts, you were the one that named them in one sentence didn´t ya?

If anyone is twisting words it is you.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I'm assuming these people would be paid to risk their lives for the entertainment of the masses...so...

Watch people kill each other for money? I see this on CNN every day. They wear U.S. uniforms and shoot anything that moves.

We just don't look at it that way.

But here's another thing to look at: are we really willing to spend money to watch someone die in real life, instead of in a movie? Are we willing to set aside our regard for the value of life just to get an adrenaline rush as we watch a stranger die at the hands of another? Are we really?

Is it our fascination with death, or the animalistic urge to watch the gushing of blood? Maybe an outlet for our frustrations? Are we just monsters in people's clothing?

What has this world become?
edit on CWednesdayam151546f46America/Chicago29 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Okay you are right and I stand corrected.

Wrestling and boxing are not to the death.

I still do not like any sport where a human or animal is pitted against the other in combat.

I myself find it repulsive.

A beautiful painting, a ballet, ethnic dancing, a good play or non violent movie, hiking and seeing nature, reading, gardening and farming (minus slaughtering animals)..........these things I enjoy.

Anything where someone is purposely injured, or hurt - no don't like it and refuse to participate or spectate.

There is enough senseless violence in this world, we don't need more.

And I wonder if you are young and have ever had to handle a dead murder victim?????

Sometimes experiencing something first hand either hardens you to the point of losing your humanity or makes you realize how precious life is.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Why did you delete that post? I hope you are a vegetarian, cause otherwise there would be people watching an animal lose is life force so that you can eat.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

i would love to watch something like to , but only if the combatants were the members of government that want to wage war on other nations

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Very good reply.

We are also training our children to be good little soldiers.

How many murders on movies and TV do they see each day?

How many shoot em up video games do we allow them to play?

I had three sons and never allowed a toy gun or soldier, except He-Man
in our home (and He-man was a gift to my oldest son from his friend's family).

I promoted non violent games that promoted intelligence.

We also supervised what our three sons watched on TV closely. TV was very limited in our household.

As a side note: Anton LaVey the founder of The Church of Satan would not allow his son to watch TV at all for many years...................interesting.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join