It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Would you watch Gladiatorial Death matches?

page: 2
10
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I could watch it, would I depends on if it was I guess "ethical" or not. I got no problem with a sword fight to the death, but that's different than knocking a guy out and cutting him up into little pieces with a dull knife.

If people want to fight to the death, and agree to it on their own(No, not wars), then by all means game on!




posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
No I would not watch anything like that. I used to watch football, but after hearing about what the injuries do to their bodies and unfortunately now brains, (there may be a connection between head injuries and Lou Gehrigs disease) I quit watching.

I can't even watch violence on TV or in a movie anymore, knowing it isn't real doesn't help.


Iamschist
Its very hard to find anything on tv and in movies that doesn't have violence in it..I watch football sometimes if the team is from Minnesota to root for them
peace,sugarcookie1



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Xieon
 



i just posted a video in the wrong thread..

IM AWESOME


delete this comment if needed
edit on 28-2-2012 by Bonkrh because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


You....I mean...everybody would be surprised how many people would watch. I think it will be something to get used to but once the show is on the road it will be a huge succes.

Would I watch...no, I don't think so. But let me not be a hypocrite, probably I will.



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by subfab
here in the u.s. i use to watch bull fights on television. this was back in the late 1960's early 1970's. i was about five years old. i was in total awe at the whole thing. i haven't seen one in decades. not sure how i'd respond to it now as an adult.

so from a bull fight, it isn't much of a jump to the gladiator style fights you describe. i don't think i'd watch it but i feel there is a market for such a thing. we as humans are still frightened barbaric savages. only now compared to then, we drive nice cars and have air conditioning.

-subfab


I've never watched bull fight on TV or real life i think back then they killed the bull in the ring then later they stopped doing that but i might be wrong..I believe there is market for such a thing also and that one night only event would rake in millions of dollars..thanks for posting ,sugarcookie1



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
aslong as everyone willing , im sure it will be the most watched blood shed event in the world. I know the men will get together and have cave man nights rooting for barbaric battles which end up in death .

Some people can't stomach it , but i personally would have no problem watching it . Most the dudes i know , wouldn't mind either .

It would be crazy epic spartcus battles
. Then we get things like death race , where cars and death get involved , then perhaps battle while free falling , winner mid air , gets parachute to be saved or something lol.

But yes would watch it , aslong as everyone willing of course. Then i tip my hat to them , grab my popcorn , turn on the surround and get ready for one heck of a show


If this show comes on , then ladies you know which night you should make ladies night



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xieon
I could watch it, would I depends on if it was I guess "ethical" or not. I got no problem with a sword fight to the death, but that's different than knocking a guy out and cutting him up into little pieces with a dull knife.

If people want to fight to the death, and agree to it on their own(No, not wars), then by all means game on!


Xieon
They would be fighting to the death..with swords and tridents all the tools of violence and i think there would be lots of people joining you in this event..peace,sugarcookie1



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonkrh
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


all it would be is an MMA fight where someone died. so yea i would indeed watch these events.


In a way this is true. The difference though is that in an MMA fight the goal is not to kill the other person, but rather to defeat them by knocking them out or by forcing the fight to end. However, MMA fighters and people who do other combative sports understand there is a risk of injury or death.

Aside from that, to answer op's question, yes, I would watch it. Personally I'd love to see something like this in place for willing participants. It could be a great sport, especially when there is a monetary prize large enough to ensure that the rest of the winner's life is comfortable. I wonder if there would be a way to do this with death row inmates or lifers; they could be given an opportunity to improve their life in some way by winning if they choose to participate, and I'm sure many would not mind the prospect of death vs the proper reward. I don't really think it's barbaric at all... There just seems to me to be something heroic and warrior-esque about knowingly entering a fight to the death. Really, it isn't that much different than other extreme sports that have a high rate of injury or death.

Animals fight to the death all the time; what's wrong if we do it under controlled conditions?



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


You....I mean...everybody would be surprised how many people would watch. I think it will be something to get used to but once the show is on the road it will be a huge succes.

Would I watch...no, I don't think so. But let me not be a hypocrite, probably I will.



It would not surprise me at how many people would pay to watch this ..I personably couldn't deal with it..peace,sugarcookie1



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
aslong as everyone willing , im sure it will be the most watched blood shed event in the world. I know the men will get together and have cave man nights rooting for barbaric battles which end up in death .

Some people can't stomach it , but i personally would have no problem watching it . Most the dudes i know , wouldn't mind either .

It would be crazy epic spartcus battles
. Then we get things like death race , where cars and death get involved , then perhaps battle while free falling , winner mid air , gets parachute to be saved or something lol.

But yes would watch it , aslong as everyone willing of course. Then i tip my hat to them , grab my popcorn , turn on the surround and get ready for one heck of a show


If this show comes on , then ladies you know which night you should make ladies night


seedofchucky
Thanks for being honest..Your right it would most likely be men getting together in there man caves counting down the mins for the show to start ..Not me id leave i really don't go for violence of any kind..peace,sugarcookie1



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Sure if both parties agree to the conditions on the match i would tune in.



posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by trollz

Originally posted by Bonkrh
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


all it would be is an MMA fight where someone died. so yea i would indeed watch these events.


In a way this is true. The difference though is that in an MMA fight the goal is not to kill the other person, but rather to defeat them by knocking them out or by forcing the fight to end. However, MMA fighters and people who do other combative sports understand there is a risk of injury or death.

Aside from that, to answer op's question, yes, I would watch it. Personally I'd love to see something like this in place for willing participants. It could be a great sport, especially when there is a monetary prize large enough to ensure that the rest of the winner's life is comfortable. I wonder if there would be a way to do this with death row inmates or lifers; they could be given an opportunity to improve their life in some way by winning if they choose to participate, and I'm sure many would not mind the prospect of death vs the proper reward. I don't really think it's barbaric at all... There just seems to me to be something heroic and warrior-esque about knowingly entering a fight to the death. Really, it isn't that much different than other extreme sports that have a high rate of injury or death.

Animals fight to the death all the time; what's wrong if we do it under controlled conditions?


trollz
I was wondering if someone would bring the subject of death row inmates or lifers being asked to go in the ring for there freedom the problem i see with that is i don't think id want someone like that on the streets or in my neighborhood..
The whole thing to me is just barbaric but we all have different views on this subject..peace,sugarcookie1



posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Firepoker
 


No, it's grotesque and inhuman.
Interesting thread though.



posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by paganini
Sure if both parties agree to the conditions on the match i would tune in.


Thanks for posting paganini
..



posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
reply to post by Firepoker
 


No, it's grotesque and inhuman.
Interesting thread though.


I thought it was interesting also and to see what other peoples views on the subject were..peace,sugarcookie1



posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


Good thread topic!!



I think humans have always been fascinated with these types of "matches",if that can be the word to describe it.

I think MANY would tune into a Pay-per-view for these.

I used to box,and some say that's a barbaric sport. Many have died from boxing actually.



posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


Good thread topic!!



I think humans have always been fascinated with these types of "matches",if that can be the word to describe it.

I think MANY would tune into a Pay-per-view for these.

I used to box,and some say that's a barbaric sport. Many have died from boxing actually.


I like boxing....but the cage fighting goes to far for me, Although they can tap out.
I have a hard time when I know anybody is in serious pain... ummm no!! I wouldnt be watching any gladiator death matches
edit on 29-2-2012 by rebellender because: had to fix something for realz



posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


Good thread topic!!



I think humans have always been fascinated with these types of "matches",if that can be the word to describe it.

I think MANY would tune into a Pay-per-view for these.

I used to box,and some say that's a barbaric sport. Many have died from boxing actually.



Hiya sonnny1
Look at the show spartacus on starz movie channel people love it and its full of blood and death your right people are fascinated with these types of "matches"and i think Pay-per-view would make billions on such a show..peace,sugarcookie1



posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


Good thread topic!!



I think humans have always been fascinated with these types of "matches",if that can be the word to describe it.

I think MANY would tune into a Pay-per-view for these.

I used to box,and some say that's a barbaric sport. Many have died from boxing actually.


I like boxing....box the cage fighting goes to far for me, Although they can tap out.
I have a hard time when I know anybody is in serious pain... ummm no!! I wouldnt be watching any gladiator death matches
edit on 29-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)


rebellender,Thanks for posting and giveing your view on the topic..peace,sugarcookie1



posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1


Hiya sonnny1
Look at the show spartacus on starz movie channel people love it and its full of blood and death your right people are fascinated with these types of "matches"and i think Pay-per-view would make billions on such a show..peace,sugarcookie1


You forgot the debauchery that show is full of also!!!





But yes,billions wouldn't be the half of it.......



new topics

top topics



 
10
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join