It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you watch Gladiatorial Death matches?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I was talking with a friend the other night and we got into the subject of gladiatorial style death matches ..

If lets say satellite TV pay for view had for one night only armed or unarmed fights to the death between men for money and power..would you watch it?

And obviously no one should be forced to fight for their lives in the name of some extreme sport but these men want to be there and there are no forced participants..

I couldn't watch something like that myself the concept strikes me as barbaric..You may as well legalize murder if you're going to do something like this..

Lets talk about this and please keep religion and trolling out of this..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

all it would be is an MMA fight where someone died. so yea i would indeed watch these events.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Been there, done that.

I recall watching the above on CNN LIVE! (Cue HD Graphix: Day 01 of Iraq War)

and telling my wife that it was on TV and get the CHIPS AND DIP!!!

I was still a zombie back then... That was then this is now... Things change.

Hand to Hand, to the death ...?

Not likely, not now, not EVER. Silly proposition as we don't even have TV anymore. Else, we see similar daily.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonkrh

all it would be is an MMA fight where someone died. so yea i would indeed watch these events.

Well i was meaning with swords and nets like the romans had there gladiators fighting with..I don't know anything about the MMA ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
You know, much as I hate to admit it it would be hard to resist at first
just to see if it looked "true"
after that maybe not...
....maybe running man isn't so far off
S&F

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

MMA is a way of incorporating every martial art into one style of fighting. so gladiators fighting to the death would be basically the same idea except one dies. and alot of the martial arts started out as self defense against weapons and usage of weapons as well
edit on 28-2-2012 by Bonkrh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Your talking about war id like to be on topic ..Im talking about gladiatorial style death matches ..Like the romans had..

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

No...I would not watch a program that promotes violence and death. That to me is not entertainment; and frankly I really cannot understand the mind-set of someone who would enjoy such a show.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
You know, much as I hate to admit it it would be hard to resist at first
just to see if it looked "true"
after that maybe not...
....maybe running man isn't so far off
S&F

Thats what my friend said he would watch it just to see what it looked like ..After all its only for one night never to be seen again..peace,sugarcookie1 running man was just a movie not a real life deal

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

Im talking about gladiatorial style death matches ..Like the romans had..

I think that show starts in the fall
edit on 28-2-2012 by ImpartialObserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

No...I would not watch a program that promotes violence and death. That to me is not entertainment; and frankly I really cannot understand the mind-set of someone who would enjoy such a show.

I couldn't watch something like that either i would get physically sick and have nightmares for the rest of my life..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I believe if I knew such a place I would attack it.That is a vulgar display of slavery or insanity.
So no.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

Your talking about war id like to be on topic ..Im talking about gladiatorial style death matches ..Like the romans had..

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix
...Hand to Hand, to the death ...?

Not likely, not now, not EVER. Silly proposition as we don't even have TV anymore.

see above... Not now not EVER. There's enough death pr0n for those that go looking.

Faces Of Death?

Death is NOT entertainment... Although, in a movie, when appropriate to complete the story.

edit on 2·28·12 by DrMattMaddix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I absolutely would not. What's entertaining about death and violence? If it is necessary for survival, that's one thing, but for entertainment in front of an audience? Barbaric much? What's the point of having a larger, more advanced brain if we're only going to behave like animals? Even animals don't fight for sport, so maybe that's offensive even to them.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonkrh

MMA is a way of incorporating every martial art into one style of fighting. so gladiators fighting to the death would be basically the same idea except one dies. and alot of the martial arts started out as self defense against weapons and usage of weapons as well
edit on 28-2-2012 by Bonkrh because: (no reason given)

Bonkrh
Thanks for explaining that i had no idea im a girl and don't watch that kinda stuff..I learned something new

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7thcavtrooper
I believe if I knew such a place I would attack it.That is a vulgar display of slavery or insanity.
So no.

The show would be on satellite pay for view so you would have to fight the satellite company..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
No I would not watch anything like that. I used to watch football, but after hearing about what the injuries do to their bodies and unfortunately now brains, (there may be a connection between head injuries and Lou Gehrigs disease) I quit watching.

I can't even watch violence on TV or in a movie anymore, knowing it isn't real doesn't help.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
here in the u.s. i use to watch bull fights on television. this was back in the late 1960's early 1970's. i was about five years old. i was in total awe at the whole thing. i haven't seen one in decades. not sure how i'd respond to it now as an adult.

so from a bull fight, it isn't much of a jump to the gladiator style fights you describe. i don't think i'd watch it but i feel there is a market for such a thing. we as humans are still frightened barbaric savages. only now compared to then, we drive nice cars and have air conditioning.

-subfab

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gseven

I absolutely would not. What's entertaining about death and violence? If it is necessary for survival, that's one thing, but for entertainment in front of an audience? Barbaric much? What's the point of having a larger, more advanced brain if we're only going to behave like animals? Even animals don't fight for sport, so maybe that's offensive even to them.

Gseven
There is nothing entertaining about death and violence in my eyes ..But i can almost guarantee there would be people that would pay to see this event..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I have thought that idea for a while but with a twist.

we have all these inmates on death row wasting tax dollars with no chance of release evar.

Make it ppv ,states make money, justice is dealt ,and reward the winner with steak and a beer.

do it till there is no more death row inmates and call it a win win.
just my twisted thought.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join