It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Light Beam Photo: Message from Gods, or iPhone Glitch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Mayan Light Beam Photo: Message from Gods, or iPhone Glitch

m.yahoo.com

When Hector Siliezar visited the ancient Mayan city of Chichen Itza with his wife and kids in 2009, he snapped three iPhone photos of El Castillo, a pyramid that once served as a sacred temple to the Mayan god Kukulkan. A thunderstorm was brewing near the temple, and Siliezar was trying to capture lightning crackling dramatically over the ruins.
In the first two images, dark clouds loom above the pyramid, but nothing is amiss. However, in the third photo, a powerful beam of light appears to shoot up from the pyramid toward the heavens, and a thunderbolt flashes in the background.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I know there is a search function and all that comes up are from old threads, but this is breaking news fresh from yahoo so it deserves its own thread, I dont know why they delete this poor Op's thread,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nasa research technician confirms that it was a light glitch, so for those claiming that the image is photoshopped, well it is not. He wont spend time explaining what happened if they know the photo is shopped.

m.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
It's been the top story on ATS breaking news for a while now. No search required.
Sorry to be that guy, but it's been up in bold letters for a while:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
If it is real....which may never know....it lends credence to the theory that the Egyptian pyramids may have been weapons or energy sources of some type.

The frightening part is that they may possibly "go off" if storms around the globe coincide.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
the search function would have shown you the thread that started a few hours before..

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WinnieDaWho

that was me lol

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WinnieDaWho

I could buy that this is just an image artifact from the lightening bolt in the same picture (as the article implies).
I've used my iphone on professional shoots (with an Owle Bubo lens adapter), and there have been times that I was taking photos when another camera operator is using a flash (I wasn't using a flash myself)....Often the flash on the other camera causes half of the photo to be of a much different light intensity....It does remind me a bit of this photo, however it happens horizontally rather than vertically.....and it generally does it to around half of the photo, rather than just an isolated section as in the Mayan one. This could be due to the way a Flash works. I'm not sure the technical reasons why it does this...but perhaps a camera flash will cause a horizontal line, where a natural lightening flash causes a smaller vertical one. It's certainly plausible I suppose....

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Oh so he made a new thread as what i suggested him to do, ok sorry for posting this, I just dont what the news to pass by just like that so I got worried when they deleted his thread.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by WinnieDaWho
I just dont what the news to pass by just like that so I got worried when they deleted his thread.

It's not deleted.. it was closed by a mod pointing to two other existing threads

top topics

join