It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extra Terrerstrial theory....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I'm sorry ATS, but this isn't going to be one of those perfect threads that get's a million flags and stars, but I have a theory. Maybe, a thought more or less or an obviously over looked trait. A lot of these Ancient Alien artifacts, rituals and historical accounts tend to follow the general idea, that a race or many races of aliens came to Earth in search of resources and more or less created or implanted us on this planet. Now, through out time Different races, in different parts of the world describe these gods with many different things, but more or less we get the idea they aren't from here, how ever they are much more advanced than us, and they have taught us many great things. They also say that they genetically spliced our DNA, or more so our predesendents and their DNA. As well, these accounts often go in to say that they look alot like us, but that they have abilities and intelligence far beyond ours.

What I'm getting at is, if we were to say go back in time and visit our own Ancient cities We may come off as more capable and intelligent. We have amazing machinery in their eyes. As well, there are those of us that are in really great shape because we want to be. Now think about our millitary, and astronaughts. Our best of the best. We usually tend to send them in first to deal with foreign nations. They are trained, capable and many of the leaders in these groups are pretty well versed in what they do, and the task they are their to do. As well, the lesser of our " Away/Explorers/Recon " Teams would still appear way smarter, and even more capable than our ancient brothers. Who's to say if we are invaded by ET's they won't be that much different than us. Similar technology, similar personalities, similar goals. What if these aliens that visited from the past aren't much further ahead than we are today. We have advanced at an alarming rate with many of us completely unaware of some of the things we can "do." Now for me, this is an absolutely terrifying thought. I mean, we are and have been known to capture and experiment with the inhabitance of our own planet. Mutilating animals in disections, testing various chemicals, genetic engineering/splicing, disease testing. When you think about it being little green men it's not the same. Imagine these beings looking like us, acting like us. Now that's terrifying.

Through out our recent past, we have gone to other countries and taken their resources by force, and we quite often tell them we are there to help, or that they need us. Could you imagine what it would be like if we visited another inhabited planet.? How do you think they would think about us ?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

What if these aliens that visited from the past aren't much further ahead than we are today.

If they had similar technology thousand of years ago,imagine the level of technology they have today.Plus they were capable of interstellar travel,we are not.

If they wanted to destroy the inhabitants of the planet they would have done it back then,when there wasn't not even one chance to defend ourselves.Besides you say it yourself that they came here and created civilazations.When humans go to a foreign country(military,expeditions etc) they usually destroy,so i don't see the similarity.

My opinion is that if they were advanced that much in technology,they were propably advanced as a civilazation,meaning before they travelled to the stars,they would have propably solved their differences (if they had any) in their planet as well as all their everyday problems.I believe that only united as a race would achieve to use technology this advanced and not destroy themselves or others.

Could you imagine what it would be like if we visited another inhabited planet.? How do you think they would think about us ?

With the attitude humans have at the moment we would be like the hollywood invasion movies.The evil aliens,that came to destroy and conquer.No more different of what the native Americans though of the Spanish when they showed their true intentions upon arriving to America.
Besides you can't have wars all over the planet,people die of hunger and deseases and you just "boldly go where no man has gone before"

Bottom line:If we don't grow up,no space travel for us.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Phantom traveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Time traveling humans?

I think Alan Butler and co in their book "Who Built the Moon" came up with the idea of time traveling humans from now or further along in time went back in time. I must admit, in the context of their book, I think it was stretching it a bit. But, this would sort of fit into your theory without involving aliens?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Great post! Of course, that makes sense that the "visitors" would be the best of the best and perhaps those who are hanging back are not all that different from ourselves. Neat concept, never really thought of that angle before.

Have a good day.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by grantjennings

Thank you! You as well.

Second line

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Well who's to say there isn't a cap on technology? How much further can one get really? We aren't that far off from interstellar Travel when you think about how fast these things develop. I mean it's taken us a long time to get to space, but then we got to the moon, now we're planning to go to Mars. Albeit, we tend to put more money into killing each other than advancing as a civilization and the only motive anyone ever has for advances in technology is taken life, or preserving/creating it. Sadly, I think my girlfriend sums it up best. " I can't see it, it's not real. I can't do it, so why the # should I care? " How ever, once we actually get to Mars, and the idea of colonizing or harvesting resources from distant bodies in space comes to be a reality, I think we will make the same leaps and bounds with space travel as we do with cell phones and computers. Life needs certain things to continue living and if the way our planet seems to be heading already it only makes sense that a civilization that has prospered long enough to master space travel may need to look else where for materials to support it's growth and who says they are perfect? Some of the most advanced civilizations on Earth have been anything but peaceful. I'll use a crowd favorite, the good ol USA. Self proclaimed best country in the whole stinking world. Also one of the greediest, warmongering corrupt nations on this planet. Discuss.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

Idk man, most of us have yet to get out of this semi-post reptilic linear percpective of time, some of us say , "ya i see how time works in cycles" but we just say that we dot really understand it... pretty sure theyd squash us if they wanted to, but why would they?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

We don't have much evidence so far. However, theoretically, if they were capable of interstellar travel, and genetic engineering advanced enough to create a whole new intelligent species, back when humans were seeded, then no matter what, at this point they are going to be many levels ahead of us. Almost like our Gods, if not more.
The question is how old they actually are, and do they have any link to those, who wrote the DNA code (or at least organized it to evolve in the planetary laboratories).

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mnkyvsalien

It would be fair to hope that they are done with their squashing instincts, and what they seek now has more to do with the mind. Though, maybe squashing is still an essential part of their new spiritual explorations, and material experiments.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by grantjennings

If they are not all that different from us (from the limited human perspective), then they are also extremely incapable, and stunted in their explorations. Then, we are just stuck with some incapable guardians, and bad genetic engineers, and our experiment is someday going to end in some sort of failure. That is too amateurish though. If they have been here for at least one million years (enough to seed humans and guide them), then they may as well be at the level of our imagined Gods, technologically, and perhaps spiritually.

The only plausible scenario is if they caught wind of us only few centuries ago, and then they showed up to observe and explore. Even in that rare case (more improbable than them being here since the human inception), even in this rare case, they would have to be technologically and militarily ahead of us by few centuries (likely more), which is more than enough to see us as no more than an experiment that can be interrupted and somewhat controlled at any time.

It is good for a populist, B-level or below sci-fi story, and some good dramatic Hollywood scenes, but a careful, patient thought process would inevitably conclude that it is very less likely for them to be somewhat closer to us technologically, as well as spiritually. They may still hold some of our instincts for the gratification of the self, disrespect of the "others", treachery, conquest etc. but they have to be substantially ahead of us on the civilization scale.

It is just too much of a generic thought, too much of an infantile Hollywood fantasy, where the Aliens are somewhat close to us technologically, and our brave marines are going to get them.

edit on 7-5-2012 by mcrath2012 because: Paragraphs

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mnkyvsalien

Agree on the time question. I suspect even our top level researchers do not really comprehend the world beyond time. most of their explanations just sound like gap-fillers, as in the incessant human desire to provide an answer for everything, especially if the answers are expected of you, due to your credentials.
Time is probably a significant barrier, and a society needs to comprehend it comprehensively, if they wish to explore beyond it.
From the lame time travel sci fi to the most respected theoretical physicists on Earth, time is something we do not understand very good, especially a state of existence beyond time. It is easy to say that time is another dimension, or another variable (space-time) that can be taken into account, but I suspect it takes way longer, way more experiments for an intelligent group to begin to understand time properly.

top topics

join