It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Originally posted by Acronychal
I'm not debating how poison fluoride is, but I can say that I doubt there is anywhere near enough in australian water to be worried at all. I have lived in Perth for 19 years, drink plenty of tap water and guess what... I'm completely fine. Today tonight, like most news shows will try to make a story anyway they can. I'm going to continue enjoying my white teeth, and poisoned free life.
Fluoride has only been proven to be beneficial to 1 surface (out of 5 surfaces per tooth) of 1 tooth in a study of a small amount of people, that's the best results for the argument of having fluoride in tap water.
what little benefit is allegedly found by a few researchers, in fluoridated communities, amounts to less than 1.0 Decayed Missing Filled Surfaces (DMFS) per child. There are over 100 tooth surfaces in a mouth; some studies have shown that fluoride intake is not only destructive to the enamel, but leads to increased decay rates
The town I grew up in has heavily fluoridated water. I have friends who use to say, "I drink the tap water and I'm fine." They weren't "fine" though. Their motor functions have been reduced, their IQs have dropped, and some needed to have surgery recently for things that could be related to over fluoridation. Their teeth are also a hot mess.
Would any one here drink a glass of water with a baby spoon full of rat poison stirred into it? Any amount of rat poison added? Well that's what people are doing when they drink tap water, and the dosage of fluoride is completely uncontrollable.