It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye, First Amendment: ‘Trespass Bill’ will make protest illegal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Are they seriously trying to provoke the citizens?

They keep it up and people will start saying to hell with the laws and the consequences.
Have these people ever read a history book and see what happens when the majority of citizens no longer recognize their governments authority.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I don't get it, is it just some retarded occutards getting worked up about seomthing that was already established.

First off, I don't remember any protests on whitehouse/vice-president grounds. Also, I don't think you was able to protest when the SS were setting up an event that an individual they were protecting was around.
I really don't get what the big deal is, its not stopping your protesting abilities. All the locations mentioned you wouldn't of been allowed to protest at anyway. ITs not like will be able to designate a place randomly as a special event of national significance. Like the recent occupy protests, none of those were protesting at special event of national significance. The words aren't vague or anything like that. or would you like them to have to make a new amendment every time a new special event of national significance is decided. Also, it requires an area to be posted, cordoned off or restricted somehow, before its designated as a special event of national significance.

Its also not restricting your protest abilities, the secret service isn't always protecting your government officials so you will hardly be effected by this bill unless you're wanting to protest the president/vice-president. Also It says nothing about orderly assembly, which you have the lawful right to do, it just restricts impedment of government duties violence and agression, something which I doubt you'd be able to do around secret service personal anyway.

It seems that this is just a bit of transparceny on what will happen to you in these situations. Then you occutards got all worked up and trying to read into it too much and seeing something that isn't there. The first few posts didn't even read the bill before making a comment, they were askiing for citations from the bill. I find that funny, one persons opinionised summery of a bill is all you need?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
For all the Ron Paul bashers on here, enjoy your lack of freedom!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Hmm.. I apperciate the reply and the text there is what I read at Thomas, yesterday. It DOES bother me that the elements of the offense only include the word 'Intent' in one of the 3 definitions. That really bothers me actually.. Particularly on the last one. Act of Physical Violence.......but no Intent put on that line. It also includes reference to property for that violence. Not a person.

Hmm... Umm... Yeah, I'd love a definition of violence as it pertains to property. I really would. Would, say, hammering a sign into the lawn of a Federal Building constitute a violent act against the property of said Federal Building? Legally and by technical definition? It would seem that could be interpreted to fit.

This is the only area that makes me feel a little better and it's the definition of locations:

`(A) of the White House or its grounds, or the Vice President's official residence or its grounds; `

(B) of a building or grounds where the President or other person protected by the Secret Service is or will be temporarily visiting; or `

(C) of a building or grounds so restricted in conjunction with an event designated as a special event of national significance; and

Now, if those 3 criteria for location are the only ones they go by, this seems to be a lot about nothing. If, however, they can construe this to cover ANY Federal Property at some future point.. Oh My G^&. I HAVE to be aware of this as a CCW carrier..but if they find a way to make it apply to Federal....everyone will be in for an education and the shock of a lifetime in most places for just what and HOW MUCH of the world around us is technically Federal and how often we cross over those invisible lines every day.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
They keep pushing people into a box mark't Terrorist.
will it be any suprise when the have Nothing to lose.
they turn into Real Terrorist!

We are talking about elites that literally rule the world. Goldman sachs etc. The only thing I worry is if they are about to lose power, are they capable of setting off Armageddon? These people literally have the doomsday button. While it may bring fear into many of us this is a sad reality. But hey, I'd rather die than be a slave for some corporate idiot ceo who probably swims in a pool of money and gold.

honestly, I dont really care whos rich, I just want my freedom. I consider myself a good human being and an honorable citizen. I do not condone violence nor do I wish harm unto others. Is it so much to ask to be left alone and just be? I don't judge them, but it has now become clear that they will not go down without a fight. The world is slowly waking up to the real terrorists and this is what has them scared.

Man I just wish for a world where everyone could get along and mind their own buisness. The only reason wars exists is because people keep interfering in eachothers paths. While some people may have learned this great and valueble lesson, unfortunately those in power only care about a wealth that will be non existant in a few years after the oil has been depleted. Once their wealth has expired they will be an open target along with their entire family. This fate could easily be avoided, if they just do one simple thing.

Apologize and step down from the power trip. The world should show them how things should really be done, forgiveness /pardon and hug /.shake hands and focus on building a better, peacefull future where EVERYONE is rich. Then we can finally move unto the next stage, and that stage is called evolution.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I read the bill. Can the op please give me the specific section that caused him/her to post this thread?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

Reactionary politics. People ignore the whole democratic procedings of a bill getting passed, then see that is has, mis understand it, then get worked up about it.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
For all the Ron Paul bashers on here, enjoy your lack of freedom!

Oh yes, and where's your proof that Ron Paul will do what he says? Every politician talks, but almost none of them walk the whole nine yards.

You've swallowed the political game hook, line, and sinker.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

“This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears he is a protector.”-Plato

Plato says it best, a protector of laws soon becomes a tyrant. Thank you for your words of wisdom Plato. People need to actually pay more attention to the philosophers. The way I see it our jails are going to be flooded with people who have no criminal records, yet those who have felonies will continue running rampant. It seems like King Obama will be polishing up his throne. Like Vitchilo stated we are entering the abyss.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Oh yes, and where's your proof that Ron Paul will do what he says? Every politician talks, but almost none of them walk the whole nine yards.

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Sorry but Paul isn't a political whore. 30 years in office proves this.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
So, if someone goes into a restaraunt and is denied service due to their ethnicity and they voice their opinion about the violation of their rights and a politician hapens to be eating there, did they just commit a crime!?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrkelly77

I can picture a future where even talking against leaders of our country in a public place could lead to armed men kicking in your door in the middle of the night! I know some may feel that sentence is fear mongering but I really think that its no a far stretch the way we are currently headed.

It won't be difficult for TPTB to go that far, considering how blissfully ignorant the populace has become towards their actions.

I'll even take it a step further and say there will be a good amount of people that would actually support these measures for the sake of agreeing with the MSM and the feeling that they are on the winning team.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Uh oh. It looks like Big Brother is rising.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
Ok maybe I am missing something but I looked this bill up and the only thing it is referring to is trespassing on federal property. Nothing major there.

SUMMARY AS OF:
11/17/2011--Reported to Senate amended.

Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act of 2011 - Amends the federal criminal code to revise the prohibition against entering restricted federal buildings or grounds to impose criminal penalties on anyone who knowingly enters any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority. Defines "restricted buildings or grounds" as a posted, cordoned off, or otherwise restricted area of: (1) the White House or its grounds or the Vice President's official residence or its grounds, (2) a building or grounds where the President or other person protected by the Secret Service is or will be temporarily visiting, or (3) a building or grounds so restricted due to a special event of national significance.

Source
edit on 2/28/2012 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

Yeah, I'm not seeing the "goodby First Amendment" aspects, either.

Folks are gonna be gung ho to fight the power and change the world... as long as they don't get a ticket for trespass?

Seriously? Getting slapped on the wrist for trespassing is going to bring them down? That's all it takes?

Why didn't TPTB think of that before?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

That is terrorizing my friends, do these commie
terrorist want the government to crack down harder on us?
Maybe so..

Yes, they do. That is the intent. It's right out of the Che Guevara/Chairman Mao playbook for revolution. The theory is that if they can get the government to crack down on the people, the people will rise on the side of the ones who instigated the crackdown.

I don't think they're going to like the way it really works out on the ground, though.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
reply to post by Phantom28804

(3) a building or grounds so restricted due to a special event of national significance.
Pay attention to the wording. That's how it starts. So any political event could be considered of national significance? Who decides what type of event is of national significance? They're taking away your ability to voice your disagreement in the presence of those who pass the laws and policies.
edit on 28-2-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

No, they aren't "taking away" anything. they are saying they will resist your resistance.

Is that really a surprise to any one?

"Resistance" just ain't what it used to be.....

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Did any of you actually go find the bill, read it, and see what it says?

Or are you going to just take Russia today's summary of "Under the act, the government is also given the power to bring charges against Americans engaged in political protest anywhere in the country." and not read any further?

Because that is a gross summarization.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by omgitscj

You shouldn't feel like a fool. ALL POLITICIANS LIE. It's just that simple. Has there ever been a president that told the absolute truth and didn't flip flop at one point in their reign? It's just disgusting!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
American dream is slowly and propably already is an American nightmare.

Soon even an opinion will propably be illegal. Poor americans. Poor World.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I seldom agree with some of you but, this is a REAL Gamechanger. This bill can be used to PREVENT our 1st Ammendment right of protest about our CURRUPT FEDERAL GOVERMENT. Ladies and Gentllemen, I have had enough of ALL OF THEM! I think it's time to "clean house" We must get rid of these politicians and replace them with Citizen Representives. The people in Washington and even some in our State Goverments are NOT representing us, aka "WE THE PEOPLE."

H.R. 347 is DANGEROUS to our Lives and Liberty....If the goverment passes laws to stop us from protesting against it then , IT'S NOT OUR GOVERMENT and we have a Constutional Right to take our country back.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join