It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the Internet/ATS were to exist in the 1930s, could Hitler been stopped?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
If the Internet/ATS were to exist in the 1930s would we expose Hitler?

I've heard many arguments concerning this. On one side people say we would have exposed Hitler by posting some excerpts on Mein Kampf (The one about genocide and Imperialism) and posting videos about how they handled the country in youtube while others say that it wouldn't make a difference because then the Nazis would have lied by using propaganda(They are very good at this)

What do you guys think?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Hell no - no offense to ATS as I love the news and opinions I get here...but what has ATS stopped?

I'm pretty sure even in the '30s, the power structures, media, and general ignorance would have rolled right over the top of it just like they do now.

edit on 2/28/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

I'm going to have to agree at the time many Germans believed what they want to hear which Hitler gladly gave in his speeches
edit on 28-2-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
He would have censored the internet like Congress is trying to do as we speak. Many parallels can be drawn between what Hitler did and what our government is doing now. And I am not talking about just Obama - they are ALL in on it.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

You kinda nailed one of the reasons why I posted this thread I'm wondering if people really learned their lessons

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I would have to say no. We can't even get members to stand up for their rights against our own governments. I highly doubt they could stop a maniac from rising. The really sad part of all is that I would actually lay money that there are a few of those on ATS that would have fallen into Hitlers Silver tongued speeches.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Maybe Churchill would have been listened to sooner, he was heavy ignored at first. For years he told Britain exactly what backing down to Hitler's demands would lead to. Yet Chamberlain and that french dude backed down.

Just saying.
edit on 28/2/12 by Swamper because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

If that's the case then German members of ATS would have "disappeared" because they would have been reported by those who listened to Hitler

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

True enough, but if you research Nazi Germany and the rise of the Third Reich. He literally convinced people that Poland had invaded Germany (when in fact it was the other way around) He was an expert liar and people believed and soaked up everything that man said. By the time they realized what was really going on they were in to deep to stop.

I just noticed where you said close to the same thing before. Will teach me to read through the whole thread before posting

edit on 2/28/2012 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

But I have a question if youtube existed at the time wouldn't the Night of the Broken Glass be videotaped? I mean a video about Jews being attack by Germans would probably make people think twice about Hitler

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

This is true. The power of Social Media is definitely strong, but at the same time in some ways its damaging. It gives an outlet for people to speak their minds, but it also gives an excuse for people to express their discontent in a media format without actually having to do something.

Not to mention it opens an outlet for people that like to con people with lies etc. There seems to be some sort of weird twisted belief that just because someone posts it to youtube, facebook, ATS, Twitter whatever that it is somehow factual. People have a new avenue for free thinking but at the same time they use their brains less.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Hitler was fighting against the very same people that everyone on this board complains about on a daily basis. Winners write the history books. As far as hitler goes we must all accept he was bad and not question a thing. Or you will get called very bad names
edit on 28-2-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

You and I came from different schools of logic. I was taught that you should question everything. Not saying that Hitler was good or anything. just saying their is no reason anyone should have to accept something they are taught without first researching it themselves.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
They just passed this law 388 to 3 in the House that you can't protest if they're anywhere close enough to actually hear it. Us coming here every night and talking about this stuff had no effect. In fact it may have the opposite effect of lulling people into thinking they're actually having an impact. So if the internet and ATS was around during Hitler it wouldn't have made any difference. Just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
As I said before Social Media is a curse and a blessing all at once. It's so easy for things to be misconstrued. I mean for example. They did not ban protesting. I don't know why people think they have to be on the door step of a building to protest. All they are saying is that you can't step on Federal property to protest. As in the grounds of a Federal bldg. So go across the street?

This is why I said earlier about the fact that I don't think it would have made much difference at all. All it would take is one person to say, Hitler said anyone that disagrees with him will be shot on site and their goes the incentive to protest. Not that he wouldn't have actually done it, just saying.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804

You and I came from different schools of logic. I was taught that you should question everything. Not saying that Hitler was good or anything. just saying their is no reason anyone should have to accept something they are taught without first researching it themselves.

Why aren't you taught in your school about the Jewish boycott on Germany in an effort to collapse their already weak economy? Just saying there is alot that the normal "schools" don't teach. If you do your research and come to the conclusion that hitler was satan most will agree with you, but if you have the any other opinion such as the one I have, you will be called every name in the book.

There is a reason why Hitler is put in our faces 24/7. There is an Agenda. I don't go one day without hearing about him do you? Why is that?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swamper
Maybe Churchill would have been listened to sooner, he was heavy ignored at first. For years he told Britain exactly what backing down to Hitler's demands would lead to. Yet Chamberlain and that french dude backed down.

Just saying.
edit on 28/2/12 by Swamper because: (no reason given)

We have someone else warning us about what is to come, yet he keeps getting robbed at every primary election. Really, more than one person. Many people are speaking up. But they keep getting marginalized by the corporate press.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

Hell no - no offense to ATS as I love the news and opinions I get here...but what has ATS stopped?

I'm pretty sure even in the '30s, the power structures, media, and general ignorance would have rolled right over the top of it just like they do now.

edit on 2/28/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

this may interest you kind of proves your point
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Absolutely, I mean I would like to honestly know how many people know Hitler was a painter, and have read Mein Kampf I would bet not many as many don't want to look at anything that might shed more then a negative light on Hitler.

There is definitely an agenda when it comes to that stuff. I mean look how hard they are trying to convince us how evil Iran and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad are. Look at the Russians during the height of the cold war. Look at Middle Easterners now. I mean there are a lot of terrorists out there and they are most assuredly insane and crazy, but do people realize how many folks out there actually think all Muslims and Middle Easterners are evil?

Its utterly ridiculous and sad. I mean basically the governments of the world have done the same thing Hitler did. They have turned an entire religious belief into the enemy, but somehow it's not evil and wrong.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

ATS exists now, we have 99 problems and Hitler ain't one.

Do you see us solving any problems from behind our comp screens. Nope.

So what difference would it have been back then?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join