It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey just wondering if anyone has an update on Tyche(only visible in infared)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Hey was wanting some new info on Tyche. I heard it was slowly moving this way. And when I go to google sky, it seems to be an old image... Anyone have updated photos of the planetary body? Just wondering since it has been a while since I have heard anything. Thanks, Matt

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mattodlum

Google Sky is made with old survey images, some decades-old.

I just went to Google Sky and typed in "Tyche" and got "no results".

Tyche's existence is still hypothetical. Careful gravity mapping of our solar system indicates that, if there is a massive, undiscovered body in the outer solar system, it must be more than 300 AU from the Sun (10 times further than Neptune).

Astronomers are still looking, but without a gravitational "tell", they literally don't know in which direction to look.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Tyche is Nibiru ---which once was Nemesis----that took the place of Hercoubus----that Vatican calls Wormwood ----yet Natives refer to as Star Kachina that---- started out as Planet X! (exhale)

Hope that helps

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
NASA had originally said that the WISE survey data would be ready for release by March of this year. The Tyche proposers felt that WISE would find Tyche.

www.nasa.gov...

Here's another document that somebody put on the web talking about leaks regarding information on Tyche and giving all kinds of data.

theendtimesarehere.com...

As far as this particular object approaching us - it's apparently the magnetic field which stretches for an unbelievable distance and is somehow in conflict with the Sun's magnetic field which is causing the turbulence on Saturn and will continue to cause turbulence here. This according to the article.

I, too, would be interested in an update. Oh...in the article it's called the Red Planet. Also interesting history from a 1987 New Science issue with the Pioneer mission and it's search for the then 10th planet.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Best to go to the horses mouth for this kind of thing. I looked up the scientists (Matese and Whitmire) who propose the existence of Tycho and discovered several things...

All external text from Persistent evidence of a jovian mass solar companion in the Oort cloud
John J. Matese & Daniel P. Whitmire
Department of Physics, University of Louisiana at Lafayette, Lafayette, LA 70504-4210, USA

Excerpt from their introduction...

We present updated dynamical and statistical analyses of outer Oort cloud cometary evidence suggesting that the Sun has a wide-binary jovian mass companion. The results support a conjecture that there exists a companion of mass 1—4 MJupiter orbiting in the innermost region of the outer Oort cloud.

Firstly, There is no mention of magnetic fields in their paper - how could there be when the planet hasn't been discovered yet? Also the still hypothetical planet is not proposed to be the harbinger of doom...

The conjectured companion would be incapable of creating comet ‘‘storms’’. To help mitigate popular confusion with the Nemesis model (Whitmire and Jackson,1984; Davis and Muller, 1984) we use the name recently suggested by Kirpatrick and Wright (2010), Tyche (the good sister of Nemesis).

Tycho if it exists is orbiting the Sun and not encroaching the Solar system...

the observed OOC comet population contains an anomalous excess of 20% oriented along a well-defined arc. The extent of the enhanced arc is inconsistent with a weak stellar impulse, but is consistent with a jovian mass solar companion orbiting in the Oort cloud.

So all in all we potentially have an exciting large planet in our neighbourhood still waiting to be discovered.

The link to their paper is here (Click on the link and select Icarus, 211, 926-938 (2011) )...

Persistent evidence of a Jovian mass companian in the Ooort cloud

edit on 28/2/12 by Insomniac because: Formatting

top topics

join