It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of Dollars in Uncashed Checks Found Just Sitting in Erie County Hall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

BUFFALO, NY - There are bins filled with unopened envelopes containing checks for millions of dollars inside the Erie County Clerk's office. In another room inside Erie County Hall, there are more mail bins filled with important real estate documents that should have been returned to lawyers months ago. Many of the documents are original deeds for homes. The documents must be verified before they can be returned, however in order for that to happen, the envelopes must be opened.

www.wgrz.com...

OK I know this is pretty much a local issue but I felt the need to bring it to attention to ATS. This is yet another example of the current state of affairs our country is in. And this is just one community in one state. Imagine what else is going on out there country wide, worldwide. So my question for you ATS, heard anything like this in your neck of the woods? Another thing can you imagine the task of having to open each of those letters in the image from the article!!!! And who in the heck let it get that bad in the first place.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

WOW~!!!!

Just WOW~!

My only question is.. was it perp'd ?? so... 2 million already since he took office has been sent.....!!!!

I've never heard of this even in Oregon, or any where in the US for that matter; with the econ already bad.. WOW!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

That's what my thoughts were when I read it. Thanks for your input.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

I live in cheektowaga..I haven't heard about this yet..very interesting indeed.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Arawn73

Oh I feel for you, thank god I don't live in Erie county. Seems par for the course for what they would do though.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This pisses me off. I'm from Buffalo. The schools up here are being left behind. Instead of fixing the schools, their answer is transferring children to another school. But there are no openings available to transfer them to. The teachers health plan includes free cosmetic surgery. But the board of education doesn't have enough money to keep school lunches in stock?

If the mail needs to be opened, then open it. At some point someone had to open some of it to see that it was checks and such. Who does the mail belong to? Do they plan on delivering it? I hope one of those checks has my name on it. I could use the money.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
wow .. all these replies and 2 flags.. ?!! Come on ATS we're better than this .. This to me is HUGE.. and the possiblites of this being perp'd is enormous

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DivineFem
This pisses me off. I'm from Buffalo. The schools up here are being left behind. Instead of fixing the schools, their answer is transferring children to another school. But there are no openings available to transfer them to. The teachers health plan includes free cosmetic surgery. But the board of education doesn't have enough money to keep school lunches in stock?

If the mail needs to be opened, then open it. At some point someone had to open some of it to see that it was checks and such. Who does the mail belong to? Do they plan on delivering it? I hope one of those checks has my name on it. I could use the money.

Agreed~! I have a VERY hard time everyone just 'left' this mail to someone else.. always thought that was the MAIL CLERKS job
that mail will sit there for another 6 months to a year................unless they hire 100 temps to get the job done and quickly, which I doubt will happen since the $$$ for that office .. .. still need to be opened.. LMAO ..

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
wow .. all these replies and 2 flags.. ?!! Come on ATS we're better than this .. This to me is HUGE.. and the possiblites of this being perp'd is enormous

I thought it was worthy of mention here as well,and I am still waiting to see if other locals are doing things like this as well. Plus I hate NY and the entire western new york area aside from the general population, so any chance I get to put the dirty city of Buffalo in the national / world spotlight in a negative way I do. I don't live in Buffalo but close-by and the politics around here makes me sick.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

Originally posted by Komodo

I thought it was worthy of mention here as well,and I am still waiting to see if other locals are doing things like this as well. Plus I hate NY and the entire western new york area aside from the general population, so any chance I get to put the dirty city of Buffalo in the national / world spotlight in a negative way I do. I don't live in Buffalo but close-by and the politics around here makes me sick.

Politics in general make me sick, I don't vote for anything any more for the simple fact that they lie after they get in office and even if it's a good law and one I can respect, it'll get written into the books WAY different that was suppose to be... to suit TPTB..

new topics

top topics

join