It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Light Beam Photo: Message from Gods, or iPhone Glitch?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Mayan Light Beam Photo: Message from Gods, or iPhone Glitch?

news.yahoo.com

"When Hector Siliezar visited the ancient Mayan city of Chichen Itza with his wife and kids in 2009, he snapped three iPhone photos of El Castillo, a pyramid that once served as a sacred temple to the Mayan god Kukulkan. A thunderstorm was brewing near the temple, and Siliezar was trying to capture lightning crackling dramatically over the ruins.
In the first two images, dark clouds loom above the pyramid, but nothing is amiss. However, in the third photo, a powerful beam of light appears to shoot up from the pyramid toward the heavens, and a thunderbolt flashes in the background."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.youtube.com

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
What do you think it is? I saw this and thought it was chilling. This was taken 3 yrs ago tho and IF it was taken this year, it would more significance. I don't know weither this was a camera glitch or a sign. I would like to hear opinions from people who investigate and research these things better than me. Any1?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I am a little upset I had to click a million times just to watch a video in spainish... TO SEE A PICTURE THAT WAS FAKED.

Yeah I have the app that can do it... COLOR SPLASH. you can draw transparent colors like that over photos.

Yup.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I would like to think it's real.

However, there is a number of dudes on ATS that could whip it through there various image scan / de-bunking programs and come up with an answer for you.

Here's hoping it's real or atleast can't be explained

Nice one S+F

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Newz2387

search is your friend dont be scared to use it

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Maybe it's both. A Message form God through an IPhone
Or maybe one from down below

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
yeaaah....no...sorry.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Not real.

Oh... so not real.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I'm not sure the point of entering a thread only to give your 'opinion' and give it as truth.

Anywho...

Here's a link to a story about this....Mysterious Energy Beam

And another article (link found within above article)....Bosnian Pyramid

My two cents... (implied) I don't think it's fake.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Posting the video so others can see, and watch.

Link below. The video is not in english, but has english subtitles.

reply to post by Newz2387

www.youtube.com...#!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
"It only showed up in the photo we didn't see it" is always the first red flag to me. People are so ignorant about how much # "shows up in a photo" because of various camera and lighting effects/glitches/etc. I mean hell, "believers" here even call simple lens flare "nibiru" or "ufos" all the damn time in countless threads.

The article perfectly explained a much more reasonable explanation by an EXPERT and yet people still want to just believe it's some magic or something ridiculous no matter what just cause it fits in with their fantasies and world views. Sigh.
edit on 28-2-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkest4
"It only showed up in the photo we didn't see it" is always the first red flag to me. People are so ignorant about how much # "shows up in a photo" because of various camera and lighting effects/glitches/etc. I mean hell, "believers" here even call simple lens flare "nibiru" or "ufos" all the damn time in countless threads.

The article perfectly explained a much more reasonable explanation by an EXPERT and yet people still want to just believe it's some magic or something ridiculous no matter what just cause it fits in with their fantasies and world views. Sigh.

Could it be so fast that can be only captured by a camera? I dunno

And for those claiming this photo is fake, why the hell would a Research techinician risk loosing his job in NASA just to explain a flawed photo!?? Of course he knew the photo was legit!!

And if the photo is said to be just a glitch, why does the beam sits perfectly on top of the pyramid? If its a glitch than the whole image must have that beam ayt?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by WinnieDaWho

Originally posted by darkest4

Could it be so fast that can be only captured by a camera? I dunno

And for those claiming this photo is fake, why the hell would a Research techinician risk loosing his job in NASA just to explain a flawed photo!?? Of course he knew the photo was legit!!

And if the photo is said to be just a glitch, why does the beam sits perfectly on top of the pyramid? If its a glitch than the whole image must have that beam ayt?

It could be a glitch and still not have to affect the entire image. sensors are dodgy, especially sub par srnsors like the ones in phones. Theres contrast between the sky and the building and notice how the beam seems to fade against darker backgrounds. Most likely his chip got affected by the lightning and had a hard time interpreting the informatio it was getting.
But I guess we'll know come december ;-)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
This isn't a sensor glitch as guessed by the 'expert'
Unless the glitch also happened to do some nice edge smoothing. This 'expert' thinks the iPhone has a CCD sensor, which isn't a good start

It is a fake and quite an obvious one at that.

edit on 29-2-2012 by EasyPleaseMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I don't believe the camera glitch theory. I don't know exactly what it is but I don't have to believe someones interpretation of the evidence that compares it to a situation that isn't proven either. Above every one of the Pyramids there is a frequency of energy emitted. The energy of the lightning could have been attracted by this anomaly and formed beam of energy that was picked up by the camera. Maybe the camera can see and record things just out of our visual spectrum so it was not visible to the observers. All humans do not have the same visual perception either. Some people see a higher amount of the light spectrum than others. Just because science puts a normal limit on our eyesight, most think that all people fit into this normal. I can read the eye charts for colorblindness both ways. The chart says that you will see this way if you are color blind and this way if you have normal color vision. I see both and I am sure I am not alone. If an eye doctor asks me if I see the color picture in it, I will say yes. He then sees that I am not color blind. If he instead were to ask me if I could see the other picture, I would say yes and he would say I was color blind. I would be considered color blind when I am not because I could see the color blind picture? I can see colors fine. This is just one example of how our science has become flawed by the distorted perception of those who use it. I am not saying that all interpretations of science are wrong, I'm saying that these interpretations should be re-looked at and the perceptions of the teachers or interpreters should be analyzed to clarify the evidence. Never happen, everyone thinks they are right.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I really like listening to Spanish. Such a cool flow of words.

Pic seems like BS. Complete BS. Interesting find but shenanigans are afoot.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
omg ZOMG lookies!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jamsession

These look like northern lights coming from the buildings. It is normal policy to flood the internet with unreal pictures after an event to discredit it. It's also common practice for people to contribute some of the weird things that they have experienced in the past that are similar to an event. I can't say either way if any of this is real. It would seem that the one coming out of the leaning tower would not follow the same angle though, instead shooting straight up. I also understand that gravitational fields don't always go straight up everywhere. Mystery spots are real and they may not have tested them with the right kind of tests or may not have even tested them at all. People have a tendency to think their knowledge is right and avoid situations where they may be proven wrong. They assume there logic applies even if they do not go there personally, That's human nature and also the biggest reason that paranormal remains paranormal.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

sorry for the confusion, i've created the images and took me about 10 minutes. i did it to mock the obvious fakeness of the mayan light and to demonstrate how easy it is to create fake piccies in today's world. and i aligned the the pisa tower beam intentionally as a joke that even the alien "gods" would lose balance

again, sorry.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by darkest4

The article perfectly explained a much more reasonable explanation by an EXPERT

OK, not saying the expert is wrong but I do have a slight problem with his 'column' of pixels explanation. IF this was a column of pixels being affected why does it not extend to the bottom of the column?

There is NO sign of it on the pyramid itself.

Why did he not simply say that he thought it was a fake? Strikes me that perhaps he did not.

edit on 29/2/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join