It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self-Genearated Conspiracy of Truth/Belief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The question of all questions when applied under the nature and scope of Conspiracy and Truth:
How does one know the difference between something one has talked oneself into believing, and something that one believes in because it's true?

Apply this question to how you have regarded information within ATS.
Apply this question to how you have read others comments.
Apply this question to how you have posted your own subjective/objective personal opinionated "truth".

Can the question be realistically answered? Or will it be avoided and ignored because in a sense, it will reveal something of oneself that 'you' necessarily don't want others to know.....
How is "truth" percieved, garnered, and weighed?
Is "truth" subjective or objective?
Is the "truth" in any case, accessable? Can it be really obtained? How?
In a sense, is "truth" a conspiracy within itself? I wonder....

Deep my fellow ATS dudes and dudettes...deep.
Thoughts?

seekerof

[edit on 19-9-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
the truth exposes ignorance on all levels! question: do people embrace ignorance?

what is embraced, is not easily parted with. when you take candy from a baby, he starts crying. ignorance is candy for the lazy and apathetic. those who do not want to hear the truth, will yell the loudest.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
We are all slaves to our senses. Be it seeing a UFO (sight), smelling bigfoot (smell), feeling out of body (touch), tasting government toxins (taste), or hearing a rumor about missiles on 9/11 (sound).

Humans are programed to interpret the data our senses feed us. We make judgments of distance, shape, and reality based on our senses even when they are wrong. Many simple optical illusions can show how our sense can be fooled. Our brains make into reality things that are nonsensical. A radnom movment of leaves at teh edge of our vision can appear as people, animals, or vehicles simply because with only the sense of movment our brains force us to see facts that aren't there.

This is the basic problem with truth.

If a schitzophrenic sees a green monster in the middle of a crowd of 500 people who don't see a green monster, is there or is there not a monster?

Somethign on mars looks like a sculpted face to some and just some rocks to others. Which is true?

What people conscider to be true depends on how they make sense of thier senses. Some people see truth in pure faith in the word of others, such as religion. Some people see truth in logic, such as scientist. Some people see truth in personal experience and interpretation.

Thus there is no real truth. Only different deffinitions of how something is determined to be true or not.

I've known very intelligent, educated, and logical priest who do not belive in evolution even knowing all the evidence. I've known scientist who are extreamly logical who believe in god. How can they share there truth? How can they explain these personal truths to others?

Evidence plays a big role is sharing of truths since it is tangible. However all we really share are senses.

What is truth? The truth is we are slaves to our senses and can never know reality, we can only know what our brains determine based on our flawed senses.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Apply this question to how you have regarded information within ATS.

If the person saying it has an Anti-Bush slogan, avatar, name or signature, take anything they say with an ocean of salt.

Apply this question to how you have read others comments.

Hmmm. See above.

Apply this question to how you have posted your own subjective/objective personal opinionated "truth".

Moi? I am the snow-blower of truth in a vast arctic winter! The untouched celery sticks at a Michael Moore buffet! The good looking guy at a Star Trek convention! A true beacon of truth!

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Here's my answer:

"The moment anyone accepts an objective reality, an eternal truth, they have become vulnerable, manipulable, and eminently exploitable." - Wilson Bryan Key

It's all subjective.

I always wonder at those who think flip-flopping is a bad thing. If all truth is truly subjective, then to not flip-flop, is like saying not to change. The only constant in this world is change and that is something we should not ignore.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
>>>If the person saying it has an Anti-Bush slogan, avatar, name or signature, take anything they say with an ocean of salt.

new topics

top topics

join