It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Dotcom wants $220k per month

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Kim Dotcom wants $220k per month

www.stuff.co.nz

Alleged internet pirate Kim Dotcom and his wife have requested $220,000 per month to cover living costs including security guards, nannies and a butler.
Toohey said the application for living costs included $29,000 staff costs and $28,678 living expenses.

Discussions between lawyers earlier in February put the figure at $10,000 per month.

"That seems to have grown 20-fold to over $220,000 since the ninth of February," Toohey said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This guy is just a fat kid who surfed the internet boom while he could for the dosh and lifestyle...and is trying to eek it out for as long as possible.

With only $300k in the only bank account in New Zealand it looks like he might have to figure out how to do some budgeting for the near future!!

www.stuff.co.nz
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Welcome to the poor class!

See you at the soup line/fema camp!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Excuse my ignorance, but who the heck is Kim dotcom?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Welcome to the world of grown ups Kim. The first line item in your budget should be a serious cut to your grocery store fund.

Wow! The mentality and the rationale is quite amusing. I don't think he's going to get much sympathy.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
**gasps** only $10,000 a month! this is absurd. i cant beleive how heartless some people are..

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I wish I was "forced" to live on "only" 10 g's a month.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

Google is your friend

But anyhow, he is the founder of megaupload.com

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I do not see the problem here, he wants his life back.

I mean this guy got all his assets seized / robbed just because he had a successful business and was "threatening the Music industry ".......

His business was legit, he was proposing file hosting and it was used as such by 90 percent of the users, such as businesses and artists that heavily depended on Megaupload to send big files. Even my own company was using Megaupload.

It is true that some of the files being uploaded were copyright stuff but controlling every single file that is being uploaded by the users is almost an impossible task. Megaupload was actually pretty compliant with the DMCA and took down the links of copyrighted material.

What about google ? If you google a movie or a software it shows the link to a site where you can download it. Why isn't google in the spotlight for the same matter ?

edit on 28-2-2012 by Monte-Carlo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Monte-Carlo

The fact that you have 90% legitimate business does not make the illegal stuff legal!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by Monte-Carlo

The fact that you have 90% legitimate business does not make the illegal stuff legal!

What you are saying is confusing and does not really make sense : " 90% legitimate business does not make the illegal stuff legal "

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by bknapple32

Google is your friend

But anyhow, he is the founder of megaupload.com

im face-palming myself

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
If the FBI doesn't screw him ..... his BMI will.

top topics

join