It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange odor in my city.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I am normally not into the whole chemtrail conspiracy, but today me and my girlfriend walked outside and smelled the odor of dog crap. I was thinking one of my neighbors let the dog go in my yard and I shrugged and then we drove across town. We went to get out to eat and we again smelled the same odor...I then checked our shoes. We didnt smell it in the car nor in the restaurant. I promise this is not a joke but the best way to really describe the odor is dog crap. I then called a buddy and had him step outside who was in another part of town...he agreed he could smell something odd in the air. I live in central Illinois and the odor started from my knowledge at approximately 1700hrs. Anyone else in the area noticing anything weird like this or has anyone else ever came across something like this. I put the topic under chemtrails because its the only area I can think of putting it in that could cause the odor...I don't know what could be releasing the odor unless the entire city sewer system is having some kind of issue. Thx for the responses in advance...and I promise this isnt a joke haha.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reminds me of this www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
hey dude weird you mention this. For the past few weeks i have also been smelling something like dog # / cow manure when i go outside. Don't know if it's a coincidence but i find it quite odd. This only started happening a few weeks ago. I think if the same people didn't pick up their dog crap for the 4+ months i've been living here i would of smelled it then.

i live in the northern ohio area.
edit on 28-2-2012 by jvm222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This was in 2010, maybe they finally got their permit

Central Illinois company dumps manure into river without permit

Posted Online: July 13, 2010, 9:13 am

CHICAGO (AP) — A central Illinois livestock company has been dumping its manure and wastewater into a river without a permit.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency fined the Greenville Livestock Inc. $40,000 last Friday for not following the Clean Water Act when it discarded animal waste. EPA had previously asked the facility to stop unauthorized dumping and to apply for a permit.

Source

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

Do you use gas where you live? It smells like rotten eggs. You could have a leak?

Not saying this is what it is but some people believe that foul smells can also be found where there is or going to be seismic activity. I've read that there is a strong sulfur smell seeping from the ground before some earthquakes. Sounds feasible I suppose.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Don't know if this is it, but I live right across the street from an organic agricultural farm and whenever they fertilize with manure and whatever else, it smells kind of like dog poo for a few days.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

i know that there are places like Greely, Colorado that smell like that constantly because of the local cows... smell never goes away but it does get worse when the wind blows in. My suggestion is to check out if there are any neighboring cities with cows in it and maybe that could be causative. With all the odd weather patterns these days I would not be surprised if there has been a recent bout of wind you would not normally get (like not more wind, maybe just directionally different that usual)

link   
Is their industry in your area. I know in my small town, a small handful of times every year you can smell this one big farm even if you aren't close to it. I'm talking you can smell it enough to gag a good 15 mi away if it's windy. I also live withing a fair distance of a chicken plant (about 25 mi away but like i said its a rual area so we frequently go past it if we need something regular grocery stores don't carry) and that factory can smell delicious one day and stink the entire town up like poo the next...just a thought

link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

your avatar is animal abuse

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by spaceg0at

your avatar is animal abuse

I really hope you are kidding goat.
At least he won't shoot himself ,or anyone else!

edit on 28-2-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
No I don't live by an industry, don't think its a gas leak either...it was all over town...in two places I confirmed and one a friend confirmed. Just thought it was strange....its actually making me read more about chemtrails and stuff haha so maybe ill hop on board this conspiracy!

I am a police officer in the town where I live in ....so im assuming I would know if the city was doing something weird....idk its just very odd.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Thursday at roughly 2100h I went out to put the garbage out and the whole (more rural) area smelled like death. LITERALLY like a corpse. I've worked in trades and agriculture my whole life so, I know what crap, propane (sulphur), manure, fertilizer, etc all smell like. I've also had the displeasure of smelling death. It was an oddly misty night for the cold temperature (i.e. Below zero in Canada). Anybody heard reports of that smell?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I understand this is the net and even more with your career mentioned you would most likely object to giving a little more detail about your whereabouts. None the less, chemtrails is a popular subject matter here.

However, without having more information, to make perhaps a more valid determination as to what else may be the root cause of the canine fecesesque aroma that your area of central Illinois has been bestowed with, will make it harder to determine.

Currently, there is a 7 MPH south easterly wind in Central Illinois so I would begin looking for the source in that direction. (ETA: or at least better be able to rule certain things out
)

Here is a nifty little study by the University of Minnesota (although not much science has been allotted to this it seems) on how odor travels and the annoyance thereof. The study is centralized around feedlots, however, the science within would presumably cover "other" odors.

Introduction

When discussing odor problems related to animal agriculture, the following questions often arise:

How far does odor travel?
Are animal numbers or animal species accurate predictors of nuisance odors?
How much odor control is needed to solve an odor problem from an existing facility?
Can the odor impact from a new facility be predicted?

Source

From this study, and with the current wind speed, the source could be 3 miles or more away on the notion of it's "annoyance" factor according to your description.
edit on 2/28/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Does the city have an air quality monitoring programme?

If so perhaps there is some info there.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Excellent Uber....good read...and to the guy below you...not sure if we have an air quality program or not actually...been in the area for over a decade and never encountered this before.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Perhaps a sewer leak? Idont think smelling something strange should make youbstar believing in chemtrails. Poo happens sometimes. Ive also noticed that if you bring something up to someone they have a tendency to be easily swayed. Im going to be the idiot that says check your shoes I guess.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
when i read your thread i thought about the other thread a guy posted about the madrid fault(maybe spelled wrong) line and friends leaving the area from fema. maybe something is going on they are getting ready for that just athought.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FJKchristain
when i read your thread i thought about the other thread a guy posted about the madrid fault(maybe spelled wrong) line and friends leaving the area from fema. maybe something is going on they are getting ready for that just athought.

Interesting theory...ya ive been in contact with that guy over pms, since we sometimes work hand in hand with those guys....to the poster above you...I don't think its a sewer issue because we were in a different part of town up to a mile away and still smelled it.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

what if they were working in the sewer to remain secretive(assuming there is shady activity). not fimailar with the science but if you break did or modify some rocks or bricks or concrete, would that leak out across the city?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
10-19-15

Been for the last 2 weeks, when i walk outside in my town of ParkHIlls / Flat River missouri, it smells like death all over. People around town have been saying the same thing. Not sure if it is the city's sewer system or another chemical they are using in the water or some type of dumping but the city has denied any comments on the matter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join