It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany preps Israeli super-sub for tests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
All in the name of peace...

Germany preps Israeli super-sub for tests

Germany's Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft shipyard is expected to hand over one of the world's most advanced submarines to Israel's navy this year for sea trials.

The ultra-quiet, hard-to-detect Dolphin class sub is the fourth boat in a planned six-pack of submarines that are reportedly capable of firing nuclear-tipped cruise missiles, giving Israel unparalleled strategic reach in the Middle East even though until now it had never been a potent sea power.

The heavily modified Israeli Dolphins are considered the most modern non-nuclear submarines in the world.

The new Tannin is to be delivered to Israel by the end of the year.

A larger fuel capacity extends the Dolphins' range to around 6,250 miles and operational endurance to 50 days.

Western military sources say that in 2002 Israel armed the first batch of Dolphins with U.S. AGM-84 Harpoon missiles built by Boeing and fitted in Israel with nuclear warheads.

Yeah this won't end well at all... Israel, ready to nuke Iran at any moment... considering Israel doesn't have the conventional capabilities to hit Iran nuclear program and defeat it... they could use tactical nukes... hopefully the crazy bastards in the Israeli governments are not crazy enough to do that.

A few dates :
February 29 : Ehud Barak (Israel defense minister) to meet with Obama on Iran.
March 2 : Election in Iran
March 4 : Election in Russia
March 5 : Netanyahu (Israeli PM) to meet Obama on Iran.
March 8 : Full Moon

Gonna be one hell of a week coming up.
edit on 28-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
why not. what's the worst that could happen to them. the usual "strongly" worded email the united states sends them when they break international law.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Israel, ready to nuke Iran at any moment

Ehm, no?
To ease your Israelophobia, navy has allready Dolphin subs. For years, actually. And the bastards did not nuke Iran yet
And i assure you that Israel will not nuke Iran first.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

To ease your Israelophobia, navy has allready Dolphin subs.

Those new ones are more advanced.

And the bastards did not nuke Iran yet .

But they could, at any moment, if they needed/wanted.

And i assure you that Israel will not nuke Iran first.

Well thank God Israel have you in control of the nukes.

ZH, any hope of new elections soon to get Bibi out of there? Please please please?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

ZH, any hope of new elections soon to get Bibi out of there? Please please please?

No. Likud gets more votes according to all polls (and due to appearence of new party recently there were several polls), but it is relatively lots of time till elections. I have to tell you that Netanyahoo does not scare me though. Lieberman does. And his party keeps its strength
knessetjeremy.com...

Well thank God Israel have you in control of the nukes.

Thanks God that i have nothing to do with it. I could not sleep at night. Imagine - if one follows his oath, he will kill tens of thousands with one push of the button. If he does not follow the oath he will be a traitor and responsible for possible death of his countryman. Brrrrr.
But Israel is pragmatic and ,if you might say, cynical in its actions. Countries in the area do not want nuclear Iran. But countries in the area and further abroad, even Israeli allies will not tolerate Israeli usage of nuke as a preemptive strike. It will be pretty much the end of Israeli independance.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

I have to tell you that Netanyahoo does not scare me though. Lieberman does. And his party keeps its strength

Yeah as scary as Bibi is, Lieberman is way worse... it's scary that these kind of crazies get so much political power...

Religious extremists, a problem in a lot of countries...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I would hardly call the Dolphin class a "super-sub". It is a good sub, but it's not a "super-sub". It's a diesel electric, for starters so it is pretty slow, it cannot dive that deep, it is very small so cannot carry a huge amount of reserve weaponry and it's range isn't very far indeed.

All that said, it is still head and shoulders above what Iran has!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Sorry if I missed it, but the article doesn't seem to list the price tag for these subs, or who is paying for these subs. Is this a gift from the Germans, gift from the Americans, or did Israel purchase these?

If Israel bought these, where did they come up with the money?

If a few AK's are found in Gaza or Lebanon they accuse Iran of terrorism, but Western countries can supply the Israelis with all the military hardware they please and it's considered legit international business.

Am I the only one to notice the irony in this?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Germany has paid for part of the submarines themselves, Israel has only paid the full list price on the 6th Dolphin they have bought.

It's all part of the eternal guilt trip the Israeli's put on the Germans.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I cant hardly believe that they backed the square heads into upping the ante for an isreali nuclear hammer.
This is plenty of weapns platform, and with a cruising range of 6500 mi it is sufficiently able to strike anywhere in the middle east or even europe or north africa say....
The added range of the missile system gives it plenty of punch all by its little own self....
Imagine six of these grey ghosts prowling the underseas with a deadly payload of nukes .......
Isreals military punch just gets heavier....
What they could really use now are some warm bodies for their army....A few divisions of troops would really make these guys hard to deal with.....for anyone!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Goody! Fullmoons are always fun times

top topics

join