It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light Caught over Mayan Temple

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

In the first two images, dark clouds loom above the pyramid, but nothing is amiss. However, in the third photo, a powerful beam of light appears to shoot up from the pyramid toward the heavens, and a thunderbolt flashes in the background.
So this is pretty cool

news.yahoo.com... iphone-glitch-145401585.html

Idk if this is a sweet Iphone hoax or actually a real photo of a light beam caught over a mayan temple. now the picture was taken back in 2009 and we all know that now we are in 2012 so its 3 years old which means there was plenty of time for someone to tamper and mess with it.

now if this is a legit picture its pretty cool and kind of disturbing

now as for me i believe it to be a hoax but i would love to here what the ATS community has to thing

edit on 28-2-2012 by caf1550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
That looks extraordinarily fake to me imho. The hint of purple lightning in the background is cooler, though probably also a post-added effect.

eta> embedded the image for you.

edit on 28-2-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Easily photoshopped. Nice effect, but I doubt it's legit.

Still, good job for trying.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Someone should read the t&c's, posting known hoaxes are not allowed

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
looks cool,but its fake! the 'beam of light' is too perfect. light does not reflect in the atmosphere this way.
too crisp! look at a rainbow or a sun dog. soft edges.
still looks cool though!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

Thread started here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Someone should read the t&c's, posting known hoaxes are not allowed

Don't assume everyone has the same thoughts as you.
Not everyone know's what has been declared a hoax or what is proven to be unexplained.

Just because you declare something a hoax, doesn't mean everyone else immediately comes to the same conclusion or immediately gains your knowledge that this is a hoax

I am a hoax,. There! I said it.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by caf1550

In the first two images, dark clouds loom above the pyramid, but nothing is amiss. However, in the third photo, a powerful beam of light appears to shoot up from the pyramid toward the heavens, and a thunderbolt flashes in the background.
So this is pretty cool

news.yahoo.com... iphone-glitch-145401585.html

Idk if this is a sweet Iphone hoax or actually a real photo of a light beam caught over a mayan temple. now the picture was taken back in 2009 and we all know that now we are in 2012 so its 3 years old which means there was plenty of time for someone to tamper and mess with it.

now if this is a legit picture its pretty cool and kind of disturbing

now as for me i believe it to be a hoax but i would love to here what the ATS community has to thing

edit on 28-2-2012 by caf1550 because: (no reason given)

like you said, looks fake. the light sticks out bad, doesnt blend with the rest of the photo like you would think.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

appreciate you embedding that for me, i really got to figure that out haha

didn't know that a post was once made about this, still though why do you think it is now making mainstream?

i thought it was pretty cool and interesting, i think it is photoshopped though but no one has proven it to be

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
That would be absolutly incredable if it was real but sadly I believe it to be a hoaxy McHoaxer.
What we need is some video footage. Now that would be somthing to see, even though just as easliy faked. grrrrrrr fakers.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

The OP says they think its fake, they should have used the search...or even googled Mayan temple hoax.

If you think something is fake, then its best to research before posting.
edit on 28-2-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

Definitely a cool image, fake or not.

I sent a U2U explaining how to imbed images.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

i actually did do the Jaime Maussan Mayan temple hoax.

and no website that i consider to be a reliabe came up execpt for the ATS thread from 3 years ago, still though why is it now coming into the media, because its 2012?

now im not one to buy into the whole doomsday/end of the world/2012 hype i thinks its pretty cool and no one has actually proven this to be fake. now it probably would be easy to photoshop but no one has said they are the ones who did photoshop it

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Hi,

Some expert (Jonathon Hill, a research technician and mission planner at the Mars Space Flight Facility at Arizona State University) said that it was not photoshoped but had something to do with the lens and movement...

www.lifeslittlemysteries.com...

It is no mere coincidence, Hill said, that "of the three images, the 'light beam' only occurs in the image with a lightning bolt in the background. The intensity of the lightning flash likely caused the camera's CCD sensor to behave in an unusual way, either causing an entire column of pixels to offset their values or causing an internal reflection [off the] camera lens that was recorded by the sensor." In either case, extra brightness would have been added to the pixels in that column in addition to the light hitting them directly from the scene. [7 Things that Cause UFO Sightings] Evidence in favor of this explanation is the fact that the beam, when isolated in Photoshop or other image analysis software, runs perfectly vertical in the image. "That's a little suspicious since it's very unlikely that the gentleman who took this picture would have his handheld iPhone camera positioned exactly parallel to the 'light beam' down to the pixel level," Hill told Life's Little Mysteries. It's more likely that the "light beam" corresponds to a set of columns of pixels in the camera sensor that are electronically connected to each other, but not to other columns in the sensor, and that this set of connected pixels became oversaturated in the manner described above.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

search first

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I am a digital artist and under 2 minutes did this.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
add to existing thread : here

join