It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EARN 50 DOLLARS!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The $50 Lesson

Recently, while I was working in the flower beds in the front yard, my neighbors stopped to chat as they returned home from walking their dog.

During our friendly conversation, I asked their 12 year old daughter what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be the President some day.

Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked her, "If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?"

She replied, "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people."

Her parents beamed with pride!

"Wow...what a worthy goal!" I said. "But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that!" I told her.

"What do you mean?" she replied.

So I told her, "You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and trim my hedge, and I'll pay you $50. Then you can go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house."

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?"

I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."

Her parents aren't speaking to me.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
LOLOL! Fantastic story.

Star for you.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Love it. I understand this is in the jokes, puns, and pranks section, but did this actually happen to you or is this just a joke you've heard?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by headorheart
...but did this actually happen to you or is this just a joke you've heard?

A google search says that every single part of that posting was cut-and-pasted from one of approx. 92800 other places on the net.
Here's one...
ebaumsworld

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by headorheart
Love it. I understand this is in the jokes, puns, and pranks section, but did this actually happen to you or is this just a joke you've heard?

Actually, it was sent to me on an email...funny nonetheless!

top topics

join