It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money isn't evil - Taxation is

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The Federal Reserve is not your enemy

The IRS is

The Offenders
Neighborhood associations
City Government
County Government
State Government
Federal Government

Their Crime
Passing laws and/or ordinances

Their method of funding
Sales Tax
Property Tax
Utility Tax
Licensing Tax
Fees & Penalities
Income Tax
Gasoline Tax
etc
etc
etc

Their method of control
Extortion
Intimidation
Bribery
Brute force
Deceit
Conspiracy to defraud
Promoting Ignorance

Their co-conspirators
Rich People
People who make money by the continuation of the system
People who work for the system
Poor People
Ignorant People
Indoctrinated People
People dependent on the system

The Federal Reserve is a creator and a producer of a product that everyone wants and loves MONEY

What you don't want is to REPAY MONEY

They have proved that Production can outpace collection to the point that the need for tax collection has become redundant and unnecessary.
edit on 28-2-2012 by ImpartialObserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
but they need money for the basic things like maintaining the roads for everyones usage, paying for the legal system to be impartial (
) and other matters that affect everyone so from somewhere the money to pay and maintain that bridge that saves you 50 miles and an hour off your daily commute has to come from somewhere and so theres going to be a tax on something to help pay for it such as fuel tax since if you're using the roads you're wearing them out so you pay for the upkeep unless you have something that can handle potholes elephants can sleep in

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I think that both are nessesary evils, we simply cannot exist as advanced comlex society without one or the other. But as in all things in life, moderation and care are needed in applying taxes and using money.
Money should not become the reason for existance and taxes should not destroy the society that benefits from them.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The "love" of money is the root of all evil..ie greed, power etc.
Taxation? I dont have an issue with it if it is used for the good of all, not just the few. I am unaware of a realistic alternative at the moment.
I do however have a problem with interest/usury and its ability to create slaves to debt which is manifesting in every corner of the globe. eg Greece.
Money should be interest free,..There are many implications in this type of world but IMO most would be positive..
Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexx790
Taxation? I dont have an issue with it if it is used for the good of all, not just the few. I am unaware of a realistic alternative at the moment.
I do however have a problem with interest/usury and its ability to create slaves to debt which is manifesting in every corner of the globe. eg Greece.
Money should be interest free,..There are many implications in this type of world but IMO most would be positive..
Peace

agreed.taxation isnt evil either. Taxation without representation would be evil.
the bible called for tithing.
edit on 28-2-2012 by braydenf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by braydenf

Taxation?

I dont have an issue with it if it is used for the good of all, not just the few.

Taxation without representation would be evil.

Who's representation is this upon the $1 bill?

Is it Caesar perhaps?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Here, here... taxation is just another word for PLUNDER.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
But as in all things in life, moderation and care are needed in applying taxes and using money.
Money should not become the reason for existance and taxes should not destroy the society that benefits from them.

Moderation is kind of thrown out the window when taxes are collected at gunpoint.

Taxes are the ultimate evil. Especially property taxes.

One could conceivably live their life without need or want for money from birth to death if it werent for taxation.

To have land you pay taxes. Taxes are collected in printed money. To earn it you need an income based in this printed money. That income in turn subjects you to further taxation which reduces the overall paper money on hand to pay the tax on the land which turns you back to earn more paper money.

Soon all your time is spent earning paper money to pay the taxes. Leaving little time to self sustenance actions which in turn sends you to spending that money you now have on conveniences. Conveniences with serve to stagnate your lifestyle and ease your now fat ass onto the couch in front of the TV.

Why not, right? Theres no reward for returning to a self sustaining lifestyle now.

If taxation was not the most evil of evils we wouldnt be forced to pay it at gun point. At the very least we could have the option to pay it in product rather than currency.

Can I send Uncle Sam 10 bushels of wheat and 30 pounds of honey? No. I have to turn that into currency. Being product now I have to sumbit to regulation and inspection which will cost more currency to comply with.

All because I have to pay a tax to use a patch of dirt I am supposed to own.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Peace

Greed, or more appropriately, self interest, is a virtue to a certain extent. Wouldn't you say that the government's need for more and more tax revenue is greedy? You say that taxation is not evil as long as it is used for the good of all, but those that do not pay taxes (49%) still expect to benefit from those that do, and that is the true epitome of greed. Wanting to keep what is yours is not greedy... wanting the fruits of someone else's labor is greedy.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

But as in all things in life, moderation and care are needed in applying taxes and using money.

Moderation is kind of thrown out the window when taxes are collected at gunpoint.

Taxes are the ultimate evil.

We have no control over the tax system.

The tax system is nothing more than a way for one group of people to enrich themselves by exploiting the labor and resources of another group of people.

At best taxation is an outdated method of exploitation which has just been proven to be redundant by the Federal Reserve's system unique concept of economic productivity and prosperity.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpartialObserver

Originally posted by braydenf

Taxation?

I dont have an issue with it if it is used for the good of all, not just the few.

Taxation without representation would be evil.

Who's representation is this upon the $1 bill?

Is it Caesar perhaps?

good to see you understood me... O_o

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Greed, or more appropriately, self interest, is a virtue to a certain extent. Wouldn't you say that the government's need for more and more tax revenue is greedy? You say that taxation is not evil as long as it is used for the good of all, but those that do not pay taxes (49%) still expect to benefit from those that do, and that is the true epitome of greed. Wanting to keep what is yours is not greedy... wanting the fruits of someone else's labor is greedy.

Greed takes on many forms.

Greed is only caring for yourself and not your neighbors

Greed is promising the unwashed masses a lie

Greed is someone willing to believe a lie, even though they know it's a lie as long as they get what they were promised

It's all really a matter of perception

The tragedy of the human condition is that most people are too lazy to care and too stupid to comprehend their own condition, let alone figure a way out of it

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
If the IRS is a government agency, why is your tax payment deposited into the Federal Reserve, which is a private for-profit organization, instead of into the US Treasury?

What is the definition of a dollar?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ImpartialObserver

The tragedy of the human condition is that most people are too lazy to care and too stupid to comprehend their own condition, let alone figure a way out of it

So you have a solution?

Pay your taxes you whiners. Herp Derp I don't have kids why should I pay for other peoples educations? I use public infrastructure to get around why should I pay gas tax? Etc. Waiting for some doofus to claim that Income tax is illegal.

I can appreciate being irritated that tax dollars are wasted, that idiotic projects are funded and that some people mooch off the system, but claiming taxes are evil is silly. When you live in a society, you contribute. It's a system. Don't like it? Move to the wilderness.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

objects are not evil in and of themselves. Only actions can be construed as good or evil.

In fact i would disagree with most of your post and most of the people posting here.

Laws are not evil. Are you going to argue that a law against murder is evil?

I am currently taking classes in law philosophy and jurisprudence of gov't law. I can easily say that my respect for law has grown exponentially since the start of these classes. The amount of effort that goes into debating laws and governance is astounding to say the least.

dont forget, our taxes pay for a military, police, EMS, and firefighters for one. While they may be used for evil purposes, they are generally beneficial to society as a whole.

unfortunately i dont have enough time to really slam out a good post for this thread. Good luck with it!
edit on 2/28/2012 by VonDoomen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

What is the definition of a dollar?

Definition of a dollar?

Is it all of God's people?

Interesting sidenote: Origins of a dollar is the Bohemian Joachimsthaler

If the IRS is a government agency, why is your tax payment deposited into the Federal Reserve, which is a private for-profit organization, instead of into the US Treasury?

Not sure about that

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I can appreciate being irritated that tax dollars are wasted, that idiotic projects are funded and that some people mooch off the system, but claiming taxes are evil is silly.

Taxes are unnessary

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Well don't feel bad that you don't know the answers, from what I've heard no one else has the answers, either.

Bohemian? Well, that's a new twist on it, anyway. Maybe when the dollar implodes we could call the new currency Groves.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen

dont forget, our taxes pay for a military, police, EMS, and firefighters for one. While they may be used for evil purposes, they are generally beneficial to society as a whole.

While these are great services to have, Taxes are unnecessary to pay for these services.

These services can be funded by a central authority that has been given authority to create an unlimited amount of money as long as all of the people agree that this will be the primary funding mechanism.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
if it's evil, why aren't they giving it away ?

txs roger and dave :-)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join