It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If n0ne of this is Physically Real?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Howdy peeps,

In the way of the Toad, eYe've been wondering lately about the possibility of this thing called Life being n0thing short of a holographic werld, a Holo-werld of sorts. The question would be:

Can WE the Souls and/or God/Source create a holographic werld, in the Collective Consciousness of the Universe/God/Source (the brain of the Universe/God/Source), that you cannot tell the difference from Real or Memorex?

One of the many things eYe looked at are NDE's and how they are holographic in nature sew if WE can play out holographical events in "death" why can't WE play them out on a constant basis?
eYe've also looked at channelings and many ideas postulated here on ATS as well as elsewheres, plus, holographically, it would be much easier to create these Matrices, to include the perfection required for the answer to be what it is to be.

How would you tell the difference?

eYe don't think We can!

What dew you think?

Ribbit

edit on 28-2-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
*punches myself in the face* :bnghd:

Feels pretty real to me...

Got some proof, or are we supposed to take your word for it?

I have no answer to the "what ifs" of life.
edit on CTuesdaypm454556f56America/Chicago28 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

wednesday?

no!

short forest.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

On the Holodecks of Star Trek TNG, they had safety controls/protocols, which, if turned off, made the experience as real as real gets, sew what if WE've done just that? What if WE can create Infinite Holo-werlds, to run WE's experiments in? Why would WE go to the extreme and create physical werlds, when holographical werlds give the same results with less werk?

Ribbit

Ps: eYe's kNot saying this is the truth, eYe's just asking What If?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I watched on a recent show about this topic and I think they said when observing computer generated pixels from graphic redesign on a micro level you can see the image becomes blurred and it mentioned you can zoom in on this real life and the same issue occurs blurred the more zooming that goes on so it still hard to tell. With the fact that computers in say 100 years may be able to do this if not sooner its not hard to process this may be simulation of some unknown kind.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
We simply don't know. Maybe we will after we die, or maybe we won't.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Why try to replace the infinite mystery of God with a self-projected delusion? Why does a mere toad want to rule the roost, that's what I'd like to kNow..

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

According to discoveries in Quantum Physics it seems that physical reality seems to be sort of rendered from a program of pure potential, even shaped to the parameters we can perceive.

What we can be sure of is that the picture of reality we perceive is at least incomplete, since our senses only pick up on certain frequencies.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Why try to replace the infinite mystery of God with a self-projected delusion? Why does a mere toad want to rule the roost, that's what I'd like to kNow..

Why come to this forum if you have already decided you are cemented in religious dogmas. Why does god want to rule the roost. Why not let people find there own spirituality.

Please don´t get me started on delusion, presuming you believe everything in that book.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

On the Holodecks of Star Trek TNG, they had safety controls/protocols, which, if turned off, made the experience as real as real gets, sew what if WE've done just that? What if WE can create Infinite Holo-werlds, to run WE's experiments in? Why would WE go to the extreme and create physical werlds, when holographical werlds give the same results with less werk?

Ribbit

It is impossible to completely answer a "what if" because in order to answer it, you have to speculate, and speculation hinders concrete answers...which, I believe, is the whole purpose of ATS. To find answers, not speculative theories.

You cannot speculate on improbable or unprovable things and expect to get any real answers.

By god, you are all alike. :bnghd:
edit on CTuesdaypm434325f25America/Chicago28 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Ribbit

*tries to create a pink elephant*

Nope. Didn't work. That's your theory out the window...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Thought is real...

The physical world is just meat

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bastardo

Why come to this forum if you have already decided you are cemented in religious dogmas. Why does god want to rule the roost. Why not let people find there own spirituality.

Please don´t get me started on delusion, presuming you believe everything in that book.

Attempt to derail the thread^^^

A line.
edit on 28-2-2012 by LightWarrior11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LightWarrior11

Excuse me? I wasn´t calling the op delusional and bringing religion into this. I also wasn´t accusing people of derailing the thread, wich actually was a completely off topic comment.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Ribbit

It is impossible to completely answer a "what if" because in order to answer it, you have to speculate, and speculation hinders concrete answers...which, I believe, is the whole purpose of ATS. To find answers, not speculative theories.

You cannot speculate on improbable or unprovable things and expect to get any real answers.

By god, you are all alike. :bnghd:

There's a difference between speculation and factual, sew what makes you think eYe haven't based my suppositions on fact, rather than speculation?

As to improbable or unprovable things, who are you to say anything's improbable or unprovable?

As to ATS, eYe thought it was about denying ignorance, which requires viewing all possibilities and kNot passing on them carte blanche, like it appears you advocate.

Even sum of the most remote possibilities on here get my attention, for the eYe has to look at everything before it can know sumthing isn't.

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Who decided God has to be a mystery?

Why can't We know the truth?

In my werds, what qualifies as a self-projected delusion?

As to ruling the roost, there's no such critter.
You only think you rule.

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

I watched on a recent show about this topic and I think they said when observing computer generated pixels from graphic redesign on a micro level you can see the image becomes blurred and it mentioned you can zoom in on this real life and the same issue occurs blurred the more zooming that goes on so it still hard to tell. With the fact that computers in say 100 years may be able to do this if not sooner its not hard to process this may be simulation of some unknown kind.

What If the Universe is older than you think? Like say a Centillion^Centillion^Centillion earth years old, in its current condition? Dew you kNot think technology would be far in advance of what We currently have in this werld?

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Thought is real...

The physical world is just meat

More like Veggies instead of meat.

Thought is the only thing eYe have found so far that is Real.
And with the way God's/Source's Brain is designed, it can never stop thinking.
It's balls to the walls questions, all the Time!

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Ribbit

*tries to create a pink elephant*

Nope. Didn't work. That's your theory out the window...

You dismiss way too fast!

Morpheus: Do you want to know what IT is? The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us, even now in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church, when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else you were born into bondage, born into a prison that you cannot smell or taste or touch. A prison for your mind.... Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself.

Whose mind was Morpheus talking about? Neo's or his Soul's mind?

Which birth was Morpheus talking about? Neo's or his Soul's birth?

And what did Morpheus mean by calling it a prison?

Lastly, what if you were shown the truth, would you believe it or deny it, like you deny everything else that goes against your personal beliefs?

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bastardo

Please don't assume you know what I mean by the infinite mystery of God aka the Godhead. It's as scientific as it is theological, and imho, the only framework by which a person these days, may throw off the burdens of the "massman" and in the words of Carl Jung, re-enter the fray with our entire being, standing tall relative to the whole of all creation, as intended. It takes courage to try to come to grips with these things, and to take one's place "at the table" so to speak, and accept an inheritance prepared for us from the time before time as the crowning glory at the leading edge of an eternal cosmic evolutionary process. Don't be small-minded or presumptuous as to another's conceptualization, and whatever works, if it works, what's it to you?
And can't you see, for those among us who've been given everything, what are we to do but to share willingly, from our overflowing storehouse of treasure.

You won't find me shouting out catcalls from a small hole girded 'round with a preconcieved contemptuous bais prior to investigation. Instead I say to you, come on out of there, and play, since our true nature is absolute, unfettered freedom to be freely self expressed, and wholly authentic, with the soul shining brightly.

There's a great mystery, and it's not meant to be "solved" and call it whatever you like, but we are in it, and in many ways, as self-consciously aware beings, we ARE it.

Research "monistic idealism" for more in terms of the modern scientific paradigm supporting this position, and save the small-minded and pathetic jibes for someone else, because it does us both an injustice ASSUME-ing.

edit on 28-2-2012 by NewAgeMan because: typo

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join