It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head's Up Arkansas, Missouri, eastern Oklahoma

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

Ok that's showing moderate to slight so that's good. At least we can hope that there won't be any more deaths.
Property can be replaced but lives cannot.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Seems that there is a possible tornado near Penns, Mississippi. It is predicted to move East-North-East in a rather wide cone and pass close by Trinity, New Hope and Macedonia. (Such a geographical naming delight.) But watch out down there. It doesn't seem to have a Tornado Watch/Warning on it.

Addendum one.
Of course they downgraded it to a strong cell as soon as I made this post.
edit on 1/3/2012 by RumET because: Added the downgrading in my first addendum.

Addendum two.
There are a lot of glitches on the Intellicast Doppler map. Long? green streaks coming out from nowhere and all kinds of weird cell shapes.
edit on 1/3/2012 by RumET because: Addendum two for the Doppler glitches.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RumET

Our national doppler radar isn't showing any activity in that area on the weather channel site: www.weather.com...

The infrared satellite shows light shower activity: www.weather.com...

Visible satellite shows nothing: www.weather.com... ast&presname=undefined

What internet sources are you using? I am curious. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Good evening dear Texan. As mentioned in previous threads I'm using Intellicast with "Storm Tracking" and "Alerts" overlays on. It has a nationwide Doppler coverage that is animated and recent warnings/watches on a convenient Google Map. You would know more if it is current, or not though. Hard to judge its trustworthiness all the way from Moscow.

And it seems like there's five Severe Thunderstorm Watches and one Warning already. A lot of hail-producing cells and a couple of Damaging Winds reported. Another evening in Russia and another wild day in the US. My 'colleagues' in the US told me that they expect a harder and more tornado-prone day today (Friday) So stay safe out there and happy hunting!
edit on 2/3/2012 by RumET because: Added a little information on the current situation.

edit on 2/3/2012 by RumET because: (no reason given)

And another addition, there seems to be a possible tornado with a wide and long cone of predicted movement heading towards Russellville, AL. Stay alert for any unusual weather signs showing for a tornado, since again Intellicast shows that area as not under a warning.
edit on 2/3/2012 by RumET because: Added information on a possible Alabama tornado. And it seems to be heading for Athens. Again, lovely names.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RumET

Good evening, dear Muscovite! The intellicast link doesn't work, but I tune into the Weather Channel here in the states because they are up to the minute with these tornadoes, especially after they dropped the ball during the last tornado outbreak a few days ago. For the first outbreak, which they didn't see coming, the highest "Tor-Con" (Tornado Conditions index) was a 5 out of 10. Today, for the bull's eye area of eastern Tennessee / eastern Kentucky, the tor-con is a 9 out of 10. However, since there are tornadoes on the ground right now (at least 3) in Tennessee, I don't know why they don't bump it up to a 10 out of 10!

Today should be an excellent day for tornado watching and tornado chasing, but a horrifically frightening day for those who are caught in the bad weather. I just heard on the news that a "correctional facility" (ie, JAIL) in Huntsville, Alabama took a direct hit from a tornado. There are injuries and a whole lot of barbed wire fencing is down, I imagine there may be a few prisoners who took it as a sign from God and escaped into the woods....

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

that's all they need after a tornado hits.... a bunch of escaped prisoners running around. i hope none escaped!!! i haven't seen anything on the news but then again i haven't really looked yet.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Let's hope they are civilized prisoners. Seems there are two possible tornadoes near the city Jefferson close by a settlement called... Swannsylvania. Sometimes I am thinking of what on Earth those settlers were thinking. There are towns like Raven, Pilgrims Knob and Adwolf near by. But yes, I need to find that live feed from storm chasers and watch Seems there are tons of chasers out there. And that would be my only chance of finally seeing that tornado! Somehow tornadoes draw me in like nothing else lately.

Addendum One Kholby Martin seems to have caught himself a fine storm. Sadly no sound, but I can see mostly bare trees blowing around as the car roof camera shakes. Perhaps winds and tornadoes are more damaging in winter/Spring when there's no foliage to slow them down? Ooh, that's a lot of debris. The storm chaser met a downed tree, looks like winds were fierce over there. They are near the KVWX Doppler on the south side of what looks like a hook echo. On the other hand Stephen Jones has what looks like a base cloud in sight and is moving around it.

edit on 2/3/2012 by RumET because: Added the first addendum.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I heard that a couple tornadoes were reported to have touched down in Little Egypt (Southern Illinois) today, March 2nd. They've got some interesting town names as well - Cairo, Thebes, Karnak, Lebanon, Sparta, Palestine and New Athens, among others.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
reply to post by tommyjo

Sorry, this is not a chemtrail thread,

I know what I see, and I know what normal contrails are.

Well why bring them up then if you don't want them discussed? See you over on the 'Geo-engineering' threads.

Perhaps you would enlighten myself and others of what a normal contrail looks like?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5-3-2012 by tommyjo because: Link added

edit on 5-3-2012 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join