It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head's Up Arkansas, Missouri, eastern Oklahoma

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I'm watching the Weather Channel. They are covering this quite thoroughly and are keeping up with the changing conditions. Night tornadoes are the worst because they're rain-wrapped and you can't see them coming.

I would keep glued to the weather information if I were you, and be ready to wake you family. Better safe than sorry.

Confirmed tornado headed through Cedar, Bard, and Dayton Counties in Missouri!

I just KNEW when I saw the wind today that some states to the east were going to get hit. It happens every time. Please take care, y'all!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Dutch Sinse - gives out severe weather alert:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 28-2-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Im in Polk co. , we are just now under warning, very strong winds right now. Lightning. Wind blowing in through the fireplace...

Hitting us in about 30 minutes...

Sheeze, I dont have time to load up the family and get to shelter now, shelter is now under the gun. I have 3 children and my 97 yro Grandpa...
edit on 28-2-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Do what you need to do to be safe!!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Moved all the kids to a safer place away from all the bay windows in every room. I feel scared. Its really getting bad here. The wind shear is getting rich. Feels humid.
edit on 28-2-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I am going to stay logged in, hail is hitting the golf club nearby. Nickel size hail. If I go off, I lost power, crap! I am under warning!!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
CRap, the wind sounds like a train, it is howling and like waves crashing on the shore. It will be on me in 5 minutes. Ok HAIL coming in

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Wrap everybody in heavy comforters, cover them with pillows and mattresses, if possible, and keep together in a windowless room or hallway. Hug everybody tight and you'll ride it out alright.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

DOne, I am shaking and have chest pain, #. Covered everyone in comforters, pillows and extra matteresses
hail so huge it is threatning to bust my windows.

I am shaking so bad.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I know you must be scared to death, but hang in there for your kids, I'm pulling for you! Prayers coming your way!

link   
quarter size hail. sat tv keeps going off of course, this is the only link I have now. 65 mile ph winds I just heard on the tv
lights flickering, hailing still

link   

Thanks, now I am crying.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I live in southwestern nebraska and I can confirm those as well. Crazy that such a large portion of the country is having this at such an intensity. I dont pay attention to the weather, so I might be wrong, but seems odd.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I would be crying too. I sent prayers of safety that the tornado passes by your house and leaves it untouched.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Thank you so much, looks like the worst has now passed. It is still too windy and raining to know but the chicken hose may have been hit. I see some of the insulation blowing in their yard. Warning is off now. Wheuuu. Its hot.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Good call FissionSurplus, I saw your thread earlier today and noted that there were indeed 40 MPH sustained winds all around that region... And sure enough there's a sizable squall line with many tornado warnings right now, I'm using NWS - National Mosaic Enhanced Radar to view it, and part of it just passed through Joplin, MO. Can't tell whether it's losing intensity or not. Hope things don't look too bad come sunrise and that all are safe/prepared.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
They just detected a debris ball just east of us. 2 circulations with it. never heard of a debris ball.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Oh, sooo glad you and your family are safe with no damage to your house!!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Thank you, sek82. I wrote the thread first and then checked the weather channel for the links. I just knew that our violent winds out here would spell trouble for states northeast of us. I have a sixth sense sometimes, particularly when it comes to weather, and I felt a need to post it. People aren't expecting tornadoes at this time of year, certainly not in the middle of the night, and my gut feeling was so strong, that I felt an obligation to post my suspicions.

I hope everybody on ATS (and off) came out safely!!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I've never heard of a debris ball either, but I assume it means something bad, in that a tornado is picking up debris from destroyed buildings and it is swirling around the bottom. The weather channel is showing severe damage to Harveyville, Kansas and Buffalo, Missouri. I pray there are no deaths from this tornado outbreak!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join