It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

any one want to buy a town for 1.5 million?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
missoulian.com...

PRAY - After 59 years and three generations of toil, the town of Pray is for sale. Barbara Walker said it wasn't an easy decision to make. "I really did want to get the store back operating again," she said. "History is really important to me." But with the loss of her husband and father-in-law in 2006, and several years trying to revitalize the small Paradise Valley town, Walker finally decided that maybe someone else would be better at bringing life back to the small collection of buildings. For $1.4 million, the five acres along Highway 540 and its old store, newer post office, new commercial building and a few other outbuildings can be purchased. "It's kind of a unique property," said Bart Miller, the Realtor for Mason & Morse Ranch Co. in Colorado that has listed the property. "It's really meant for someone to come in with a vision and make a bed and breakfast or coffee shop or general store," he added. Read more: missoulian.com...
seems like some of our more well off members might be interested in acquiring a nice little survival compound near a hot springs and having its own water source near the yellowstone river as well as several outbuildings and store and post office not sure if this is the right forum (and im not affiliated in any way with the property) just figured on the off chance any one wanted to buy it it could end up being a nice little out of the way place for the more wealthy prepper/survival community seems like it might be the perfect spot for those wanting to get away from it all

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Would be interesting to gather a small group of like minded people in order to split the cost, and share the burden of a survival community. A group of roughly 30 people would only have to pitch in 50K a head. Just think of the possibilities! Town farmer, town hunter, town gatherer, I wonder if there's an opening for town idiot? I could fill that void easily!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
lol we could all get loans for the land and if the banksters happen to find us then we will most certainly be ready for them in complete survival sustainable living mode, we could be a small tribe.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
If it is a 'town', with a post office there may already be people living there. Doubt they are as 'like-minded' as any would-be buyer from ATS ~.^

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
That's a hella lot of money for 5 acres in Montana.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Survival property near Yellowstone.....ummmmmm

I will pass.

I think it is a good investment property though, but I don't see that as survival property....IMO

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Would be nice to buy for paintball and airsoft though...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassey222

yeah that was one of the things from the article it said you would "collect rent" implying that some of the towns people would be paying rent but hey if you could at least get them on the same page it could be a nice little redoubt assuming its not yellowstone going off,and from what ive seen most Montanan's are pretty pepper orientated and as a majority have a dislike of government intervention and are pretty self sufficient and an independent folk so getting people on board might not be too hard. dispute a few run ins with one hostile neighbor most my my permanent year round neighbors all formed sort of a prepping community(14 families) and neighborhood watch making treaties with a few of the other neighborhoods and a few contacts in the local tribes we know in the Flathead valley so its alot easier to get organized then some can think and to be blunt were quite scared of this cult that is on an island on Flathead lake(compound with housing for 3000 so they claim im looking for a link at the moment) so we figured if its gonna collapse(how ever
remote) its better to have a plan and a place then no plan at all thank you for your reply!

missoulian.com... i guess their future is uncertian so not so much a threat as we originaly thought

www.ki4u.com... usefull links and has links to all states and any comunities that are activly seeking new members
edit on 28-2-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

www.greatdreams.com...

www.survivalrealty.com... incase any one wants to find realty in other states

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

yeah thats was honestly my first thought as a i got 4+acres and a 4000sqf house for 180k 2 years ago so it is pricey ill say that much but if it were purchessed by a group the cost would drop as well as evidently provide rental income thank you for your reply

www.survivalrealty.com... that one would be a much better deal and 160 acres is hard to argue with

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

yeah for the yellowstone situation were all screwed in montana any ways as well as alot of other people but in the case of war or societal collapse montana is a pretty good state as we dont have a diverse population as a so called "race war" is pretty much out of the question,we have plentifull farm land lots of game water sources and very small population compared to most states and average of 16 guns per PERSON and as well as a pretty hostile winter makes me think i might live in one of the better areas for anything short of a yellowstone situation and i THINK im far enough away from Maelstrom AFB that i dont think my area(flathead valley) is up their on the nuclear target list and with not much to blow up we are at a very low risk for terror attacks in my opinion and add the fact that people wanting to get to montana will have to get through idaho or washington from the west or the dakotas to the east leads me to belive that we will get some warning before a horde of refugees shows up thank you for your reply and your input

www.greenhomesforsale.com... another usefull link for those that want either to live off the grid with a allready set up home or find property that would make living off grid easier then buying other properties

www.realtyexecutivesmt.com... another link with prices ranging from "i thought i left california" 1.5 mill to reasonably priced homes that wont require selling your first born

map of potental yellow stone 600 mile alleged kill radius if it does blow.....gues i am screwed if it goes www.cuttingedge.org... near the bottom is a map as well as several usefull links
warning link has some interesting Theories

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
If you had 1.4 mil, you could buy Detroit. Slap some paint on it, cut the grass, and flip it for 1.5 mil.

new topics

top topics

join