It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts : Are They in Heaven, Hell or in a Parallel Dimension Waiting Room for Lost Souls ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Its time i ask the question to all ATS experts on the mather

This thread reflect some of my opinions and my accumulation
of thoughs and questions on this very sensitive subject
have made it to THIS point that you will read below

Discretion Advised : Deep Thread with Deep Thoughs

Ghosts has been a very sensitive subject for a very long time
for myself and probably a lot of you out there

Nobody likes to talk about them because they are dead
only the good memories are wanted

Im far from an expert on the subject and i have never seen one but i know they exist

Demons and Ghosts .. They have both many reported stories
from thousand of reliable people that have witness
Strange Paranormal Apparitions and Events

Some are bad

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Ghosts .. IMHO ... are 'purgatorial souls'. They are people who are in another dimension but are stuck having to work things out from this life .. like attachments or emotional issues that need resolving. They are other dimensional and yet bound to earth at the same time until they work it out ... that's my guess at this point.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This thread assumes that the Biblical heaven and hell exist...

Under this assumption, I have no answer, for I believe in neither.

If you wish to remove this assumption, then I might give you my thoughts.
edit on CTuesdaypm161608f08America/Chicago28 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Ghosts .. IMHO ... are 'purgatorial souls'. They are people who are in another dimension but are stuck having to work things out from this life .. like attachments or emotional issues that need resolving. They are other dimensional and yet bound to earth at the same time until they work it out ... that's my guess at this point.

Work it out .. in a good way or bad way ?

I guess when we are in the "purgatory" Heard it before
we still can go up or down in a mather of speaking

Purgatory really mean that everything demon potential spirit and losts souls
are still stuck until they decide what to do with their afterlife

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

If I might toss in my opinion... I think it's a combination of past human souls and something else entirely that we collectively call ghosts. I don't think all these cases that have shown a degree of documentation and evidence (The Entity case in Southern California comes to mind as a great one) show things that can be explained by the death of a person at some past point.

I've always wondered..and certainly still do..if some of what we all see here is actually different life of some kind. Whose to say that life can only exist in what we all call reality and the physical world around us? It could just be that what I've personally felt for loved ones I don't believe left right away...is perfectly legitimate and along side this other form of life in the same 'realm'. Does that make any sense?

That's my stab at a deep, complex topic. Hmm..... Someday, maybe we'll develop a way to communicate, even one time, with something out in that reality. It'd only have to happen once to get some basic idea.

edit on 28-2-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

like attachments or emotional issues that need resolving.

Pretty close to how I see it...when something very tragic occurs to an individual, to include chaos and the realization of the moment, energy is left behind.

Sometimes malevolent energy...an it is this type of energy that we perceive and at rare times come in contact with that has lead to "Ghost Stories". It actually all makes sense, considering the many different cycles we witness in nature...

Either way, I still check under my bed from time to time...just seems the right thing to do.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
When people experience "old" apparitions, for example victorian ghosts, they seem to be common in reports and alleged photographs... it could be related to time going out of sync. Rather than seeing an actual "spirit" of a deceased person, i feel it is more likely that time is somewhat affected for a few moments, possibly allowing each observer to view each other (you would be the "ghost" to them & vice versa).

If you take the idea that time is relative to the observer, it should be possible for some kind of "portal" to open, not something you can jump through but more like a window. In the same way how gravity can act like a lens to bend light around an object (ie; some stars behind the sun shouldn't be visible from the observers point of view, yet light is bent around allowing us to view them). Along with the idea of gravity being able to affect time, i don't see how it couldn't work. What could cause it? ... well beyond me. I would guess a concentrated area of gravity can somehow form, you never know, it might also be able to explain when people get thrown around by poltergeist's. Maybe it's caused by microscopic black holes, it's always been theorised that black holes can somewhat be used as time machines.

I have always assumed ghostly apparitions of "people" from the past are something to do with time being broken. I find it unlikely there is an afterlife or a "mark" left behind, such as a soul.

Just a theory.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
This thread assumes that the Biblical heaven and hell exist...

Under this assumption, I have no answer, for I believe in neither.

If you wish to remove this assumption, then I might give you my thoughts.
edit on CTuesdaypm161608f08America/Chicago28 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Heaven and Hell .. those are words invented by humans
they have many synonym and metaphore to these 2 very mysterious place
that now one really know about them .. until you are dead
some have recollected their passage after being revived in hospitals

Not beleiving in the afterlife will make you think you are powerless
that you worth nothing more then a rock that will live thousand of yrs

Wonder why there is so many insane people wanting to be so powerfull
so strong and mighty in their life time doing all kind of bad things
without having any kind of remorse except being scare to be caught
by not beleive in your soul .. you start to lose it and going down in all mather of speaking
but a few are strong enough and good enough
that even if they beleive in nothing .. at the end they go up

So my best advise i can give
Better be good in this small life time (relatively speaking)
then having to be ashame of your soul in hell

Let assume that the "chances" of hell existing for real in the afterlife is 0.000000000001%
if wouldnt take the "chances"

Hell or not .. better be good then ashame for eternity

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Although this thread is somewhat biased by obvious religious references and I cannot lay claim to being an expert, I would offer that "ghosts" may be nothing more than partial physical manifestations of the reality of the 1st law of thermodynamics (ie energy is neither created nor destroyed). I have never had the opportunity to be a witness of the said phenomena, but do remain openminded to it.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
There are 2 divisions in the spiritual realm, human spirits and non-human spirits

In the Bible the word for Demon is called Rephaim. They are the spirits of the Nephillim giants and their descendants. When they were killed their spirits were banished to sheol or "hell". They can access our realm through portals (points of strong energy) and divination (necromancy). They are called the "spirits with knowledge" and contacting them was punishable by death.

The metim are human spirits. For whatever reason some of these spirits get stuck wandering in our realm. In most cases the reports of "ghost" activity are of people who died suddenly or tragically. Some also have a deep emotional connection to an item or place. It's honestly just said, living the moment you died over and over again. Thankfully with some human intervention and the help of Yeshua (Jesus) a spirit can "let go" and ascend or descend. Contact with a human spirit is not a sin, it can't be prevented.

Spirits are just energy. Some people have the ability to see spirits. How? The same way we see everything else, electromagnetic energy. When a person sees an entity, there is resonance between the entity and your eyes and if the conditions are right, a standing wave forms allowing you to see it. Emotional energy both positive and negative leave impressions in our space-time

As far as mediums go, they CANNOT be possessed by human spirits. Mediums can talk and see human spirits but can only be possessed by non-human spirits or demons. So be careful who you talk to

edit on 28-2-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I always thought of ghosts as echoes in the fabric of time.
Certain conditions allow these echoes to be seen or felt across time.
Hmm

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I can't make sense of ghosts being the souls of dead people, hanging around for some reason. They rarely seem able to communicate intelligently. They often seem incapable of repeating tasks which would help to validate them scientifically, and EVPs often do not make sense.

The theory of ghosts being latent residual energy doesn't work for me, since sometimes hauntings appear too intelligent to be residual.

The only thing I can rationalize is that ghosts are subconscious psychic manifestations, like from the philip experiment.

I know that people want ghosts to be dead people to validate the existence of an afterlife, but I personally would hope to never become a ghost. I would rather my loved ones and myself become dust after we die than have to be trapped in the place of our death, incapable of communicating properly with anyone still living!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
reply to post by Ben81

I always thought of ghosts as echoes in the fabric of time.
Certain conditions allow these echoes to be seen or felt across time.
Hmm

Fabric of time ?
Well ghost are probably human soul that have unfinish busyness
lost in time

I dont believe they are just echoes

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Hey OP thanks for the interesting topic here. you really dont see too many of these types of posts around much anymore unfortunatly. I am in the same boat you are. I am not an expert in these things nor do I claim to be. That being said I will go ahead and throw my two cents into the mix. There are many theories out there about the paranormal.

One theory is that what many consider of ghosts are actually demonic entities that take on the form of what we as humans refer to as ghosts. There can be many reasons for this. It could be to decieve people into believing that they can still have contact with loved ones which then gives the demonic entity the ability to work its way into the lives of humans. Also they can take on this form as a way to scare people which in turn allows them to have a form of power and control over human beings.

Another theory is one that has already been mentioned by other posters which is that ghosts may be souls that have not crossed over into the afterlife (heaven or hell) as of yet. There are believed to be numerous reasons that attribute to this. It can be eaither the body of the ghost in question died a sudden unexpected death and does not realize that they are dead yet, therefore they continue to exist in this realm instead of crossing over. Another reason could be that they have a strong emotional attatchment to a certin person that they feel they need to stay around and protect, comfort, or care for. Or an object which they cant or are not willing to turn loose of to cross over. The third reason could be that they feel they have unfinished buisness in this realm. All of these reasons are stated assuming we have the power of choice weather to cross over into another realm or not.

What I have decided in my casual study of things of this sort.is that ghosts as we know them exist in a parallel dimension awaiting judgement as discribed by the apostle John in the book of Revelation. My theory is based on my biblical belief and studies. I am not forcing anyone to accept my belief nor am I attacking anyone who believes differently. Therefore I ask that you respect my belief likewise. Thanks agian for the post OP

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Let assume that the "chances" of hell existing for real in the afterlife is 0.000000000001%
if wouldnt take the "chances"

Hell or not .. better be good then ashame for eternity

That's like an inverse way of saying Pascal's wager.

If you erroneously believe in God, you lose nothing (assuming that death is the absolute end), whereas if you correctly believe in God, you gain everything (eternal bliss). But if you correctly disbelieve in God, you gain nothing (death ends all), whereas if you erroneously disbelieve in God, you lose everything (eternal damnation).
www.infidels.org...

A.K.A.

Definitely an interesting thing to think about... but then again, it's dangerous to base faith on a gamble.

And to get back on topic... as for what ghosts are... I have as little of an idea as you do. I've never experienced one, and I only know of a few people who have had so called "paranormal" experiences. Just like I have no idea whether there is an afterlife (although I firmly believe that there is one - I just have no proof.)

But if I had to guess, I would theorize that ghosts are either demons manifesting themselves in some kind of recognizable human form, or they are humans who have passed on and for some reason or another they are walking around on earth (I know... I totally provided no new information).
Out of all of the thousands of ghost stories I've read, the positive ones consist of family members coming back to say good-bye to loved ones, or a ghost showing someone out of harms way. But, unfortunately, there are more negative stories than good ones. Ya know, the stories of ghosts tormenting people - physically hurting them or psychologically harassing them. But, I suppose, just like humans... there are good ghosts and bad ghosts.

If you're interested in just reading some people's experiences, I recommend this site: theshadowlands.net...
It's a little tacky, but some of the stories are interesting. At least, it kept me enthralled for a while.

Now I think I'm just rambling... I'm totally gonna go to sleep.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Quote above.."I know that people want ghosts to be dead people to validate the existence of an afterlife...."

I'd go farther to argue that demons are the ghosts and manifest to deceive mankind into thinking that an afterlife exists for all. Why? The kingdom of darkness exists and rules man, and it serves to blind those who do not seek to find the Light, the Lord and King Jesus, who came into the world as the WAY to reconcile mankind back to God the Father. What did Jesus come to preach but the arrival of the Kingdom of God, that if you repent of the darkness of this world that He was the WAY back into the Kingdom of God. Demons deceive, and a most effective way to stop mankind from seeking Him and the Truth of God is to convince them of an afterlife that does not include Him as Salvation.

OP, the "spiritual" world contacted by mediums and the "extraterrestrials" channeled by groupees all focus and go out of their way to deny one thing when it comes religion - that Christ Jesus is not the Way of Salvation. But because most individuals are interested in one or the other of these topics, they have no way of knowing this, it doesn't set off any alarm bells.

We are clearly told that the "beast kingdom" that rises in the end of this Age comes OUT OF THE ABYSS. and who does the Bible state is in the Abyss? The fallen angels that so deceived mankind in Noah's day. So when Christ Jesus said that the end will again be like the "days of Noah" and that the final "beast power" comes out of the Abyss, mankind has been warned already what these things are. They are the "sky gods" who deceived mankind the last go around. Demons, on the other hand, do not have bodies. But spirit is energy so in time and space they are seen sometimes as apparitions

Seek the Light that came into the World and He'll open your eyes. The Kingdom of God is here, but unfortunately, most of us choose to bow down to the pleasures, luxuries and temptations that the dark kingdom has created on this planet and will refuse to bow down to the Lord and King of this Universe. Truth and Light must be sought, and the devil must deceive to over rule man's innate desire to pursue God. The appearance of "ghosts" is one such deception because it convinces the believer that all will be ok, that they do not need to seek the righteousness of God and the salvation of Christ Jesus.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I 'used' to see a lot of spirits, but none ever spoke to me. I would just see them, sitting or standing there. I never saw one I had known in life, either....even though, when a good friend of mine knew she was dying, we made a pact, and she said she would visit me. 11 years later she never did, and I don't think she ever will.

Wherever they do hang around, whether it is another plane or dimension, I dont think they stay there for very long. I know you hear of residual ghosts, you know, ones who replay a scene over and over...but maybe most don't stop here, or hang around for long, and just cross over to wherever they are going.

I always did expect to see one I knew, after seeing so many, I am open minded about it all, but wonder why they came to see me, for what reason other than to sit there?

I wonder if they are at a Halfway House, just waiting until they are ready to move on...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Urbanshadow
I 'used' to see a lot of spirits, but none ever spoke to me. I would just see them, sitting or standing there. I never saw one I had known in life, either....even though, when a good friend of mine knew she was dying, we made a pact, and she said she would visit me. 11 years later she never did, and I don't think she ever will.

Wherever they do hang around, whether it is another plane or dimension, I dont think they stay there for very long. I know you hear of residual ghosts, you know, ones who replay a scene over and over...but maybe most don't stop here, or hang around for long, and just cross over to wherever they are going.

I always did expect to see one I knew, after seeing so many, I am open minded about it all, but wonder why they came to see me, for what reason other than to sit there?

I wonder if they are at a Halfway House, just waiting until they are ready to move on...

Was it scary the first time you saw one ?

I dont know what would be my reaction and i dont necessary wish to see ghosts all the time
i need my private moments you know

what is their limits .. can they literaly be always everywhere
or they only stay in a house where they died ..
edit on 2/29/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

The scariest thing was a noise that chased me, but nothing was there that I could see. Like a rattling noise, followed me out of the lounge, and up 5 stairs. that really terrified me, and I still wonder what it could have been. It was low down, close to the floor.

I had a lady sit on my bed once, she was straight out of the 1970s, hair, make up & boob tube etc, this was in 1996. She was looking at my partner, and I closed my eyes, counted to 10, and she was still there, smiling at him. I kept closing my eyes and counting until she vanished, then I woke him up, made a cup of tea and told him about it. He said for 2 years, that I was imagining it, so eventually I told myself I must have. then one day, he told me out of the blue, that her name was Julie, and she had been killed in a motorbike accident. (He was 10 yrs older than me). I have no idea why he decided to tell me after all that time, I guess it must have freaked him out as much as me. She didnt scare me as such, I knew she wasnt there to harm, just watch, and she was smiling...but it was what she was that scared me. I havent seen any spirits for a long time now, but I am not as scared as I was back then so if I did see another one, I would talk to it.

They never did appear to me like they do on TV, like in Ghostwhisperer, I didnt see them everywhere and all the time, mainly in my houses, and never in the toilet LOL I think maybe they might respect privacy here on earth

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Urbanshadow

Thanks for sharing !!

Very interesting
how they look like .. are they transparent like a myst but you are able
to see very clear what are the ghost clothes ?

If some died with a physical injuries
can you actualy see the wound ?

You have an incredible gift
scary but you are able to literaly see a part of the underworld
hope you will never cross a demon spirit that will push you around in the house
and shake your bed

The thing is .. if you start speaking a lot to them
they will notice you and come to you very often to deliver their messages

how many different ghost you have see in your life ?
more then 10 more then a hundred ? and much much more ??

thanks

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join