It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resignation of Above Top Secret

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Really? You (the OP) quotes using Facebook...and composing FROM his IPhone and computer screens and expects to be taken "literally"...by using fake names to keep form getting banned...again and again.

NONE of these things are in a absolutely FREE enviroment. I agree they should be...but your butt is showing. Your demand that the censored world take you seriously and damn the rules...even lying about who you are...is flawed.

You agree to rules and yes censorship in this electronic world. As soon as you said you "started this form my IPhone"...I burst out laughing.

Thats like calling the kettle black.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
No idea what the OP has done in the past...

But looking at the replies on this thread alone, the thread owner has a point.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoraUndergroundLabs

For some reason, I feel that you are a CIA operative. LOL. But, maybe, really. LOL... Well, perhaps. LOL... ?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I think you're on the right track, but have the wrong target. The problem isn't ATS, it's society as a whole. ATS is a great site in the sense that it has alot of content all in one place that you won't easily find elsewhere, and it's a place you can discuss things that you would be shunned for talking about in public... Aliens creating humanity, 9/11 being a planned inside job, etc etc...
What you have to understand is that regardless of where you express your thoughts, somebody will strongly disagree. I'm sure for example that if I created a thread about how pedophilia is bad, someone would come along defending it, saying there's nothing wrong with "love".
When you're openly discussing things in a huge community of people from all over the world, you have to be prepared for disagreement. There are smart people and there are idiots. As a reflection of society, sure, alot of people are just plane dumb, but don't let that discourage you from speaking your mind.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

You know... I wish you could have seen ats 5 or 6 years ago... this you see today is nothing compared to what it was.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonoraUndergroundLabs
The Ats community has pushed me to the point of frustration.

Why? Its because its turned into city boy smut and IGNORANCE!

This site has attracted me from the fact that anyone has a say in what they believe in. But lately all it comes to is suppression of anyone who does come up with an idea that differs from MSM.
I would like to post a topic that does not get shut down by the pansees that call themselves the top dogs of the site. And I say that word because that's all you are.

When did this world come to only believing the people who devote their life to a computer screen?
If you have less than so many posts the community shuns you to the point of suppression and anything you say becomes invalid. This happened to facebook too.

The real world has become obsolete in society and now a days if you don't use facebook you get criticized by the people u thought were your friends. I would like to post things that have positive comments not smut by people saying your wrong.

If you don't like what I say don't read it. Easy as that.
I don't go to your threads accusing you of a liar or saying this is the truth just to make my ego "feel" better. The reason america is the way it is this very reason.
Nobody gets a say anymore unless they have brainwashed followers bidding their every whim.

I know this post will never make it to the headlines but this IS what I believe in. Not the overweight people living with mother still.
We need an internet revolution before we can start an American one we need to start somewhere but following the norm will not get us there.

To those who read this post I appreciate it any ears are a success to me. But open your eyes and see where im coming from. Then possibly the ATS community can become a peaceful one.

Thank you
B
edit on 28-2-2012 by alien because: ...editted for easier reading...

Hey my friend! I see on this thread you have been the victim of ridicule by certain members. I have reported them for this.

You say the things you want to say. It is free speech and you have just as much right to speak as they do. I am very annoyed with the nasty behavior and bullying by some members on this thread. Also, there are so many off topic posts here it is ridiculous!

Be a bit nicer to people here I say! We are all from different countries and cultures! Respect that, people!
edit on 29-2-2012 by Revolution9 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

point of udder frustration

I got to this point and stopped , saw the wall of text and thought you were probably milking it

Sorry couldn't help myself

I see you are ridiculing this member because he did not spell a word properly! So you never make a spelling error? Let he who is without sin cast the first stone I say!
edit on 29-2-2012 by Revolution9 because: S P E L L I N G M I S T A K E!!!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
Clearly you don't appreciate ATS. With this understanding, I bid you are very relieved farewell...

And a boot to the head.

...and one for Jenny and the wimp.

Off topic post my friend!!! Also you are bullying and trying to ridicule the OP! Why are you doing that? Take a look at your words and behavior here again! This is classic online bullying and rubbishing of another individual in my book and I would be ashamed if I treated another human being as you have treated this man. Thanks!
edit on 29-2-2012 by Revolution9 because: punctuation error

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
Also, I would very much like to express my amusement and hilarity at your assumption that not only do you deserve to post here, but that your opinions are automatically the epitome of factual correctness. I would say that if you have been banned multiple times, then you've been stupid multiple times. In other words, this site isn't for you.

Of course, if you want to keep making me laugh, continue posting. I do believe I will be rolling on the floor when the mods in the white coats come to take you back to your solitary confinement.

Thanks for the laughs.

edit on CTuesdaypm070714f14America/Chicago28 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Sarcasm is indeed the LOWEST kind of wit and you appear to be an expert at that. Why have you been so hard on this member for his post? What is your motive? Please inform us. Thank you!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by reaxi0n
bye

Hmmm! You have really given so much in your commentary here! What significance do you attach to saying just "bye" in your response? I thought such replies to posts was not acceptable under ATS rules???

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CagliostroTheGreat

Originally posted by gortex

point of udder frustration

I got to this point and stopped , saw the wall of text and thought you were probably milking it

Sorry couldn't help myself

always out numbered, never out punned.

OK! I have above given a few examples of what I consider to be bullying, rubbishing and ridicule of a member for no good reason other than to intimidate. This is a common feature on ATS. Hence, I don't bother posting here or coming here as often as I would otherwise!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
You'll be back..
Its like a drug... an addiction.... just when you feel strong enough to push it aside.. it crawls back..
in your sleep you start seeing posts...
in your day you start seeing pictures and think '' that would make a good avatar ''
you hear people on the streets say something and your fingers start tapping away at thin air as if you were replying a solid rebuttle to their ignorance..

one day you'll start typing www.abov.... into the web browser and force yourself to stop...

one day you'll see something on the news and think '' damn, thats 15 stars right there.. ''

then one day.. like a junky.. you'll get another fix.. and the amigo's will chuckle at your futile efforts for seperation.

its useless...

join us... we will repair you...

dont fight it.. ATS IS A DRUG!@

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Couldn't of said it better myself.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9

Hmmm! You have really given so much in your commentary here! What significance do you attach to saying just "bye" in your response? I thought such replies to posts was not acceptable under ATS rules???

He's "resigning"
I said bye

Cry about it?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

86 posts in and you're already about to jump off the ledge??

Don't take it so seriously, find the forums that your like, contribute, and try to ignore the ignorance.

And sometimes you've got to just give people a pass, we can all be a bit ignorant at times, it's learning to realize it in ourselves and others that will decide how we react.

Let is slide, don't get all white-knuckled over a few idiots.

I'm sure you'll stay, stay brother.

I

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Dang... I didn't know this thread was going to have a turn around! Thank you mods for editing my post looks great. Right on people!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
What I find quite sad here is not that someone's threatening to "resign" from ATS, but that person is being given a hoard of abuse from some people posting in reply to him in this thread. Is that really what it's got to here? This website is supposed to be about learning (In my opinion anyway) and finding truths, It's not supposed to be a silly little forum for people to abuse and joke about others especially when they are threatening to leave. That's just pathetic and juvenile behavior.

One person in this thread, who I obviously won't name but I'm sure most will know who I'm talking about, seems to do this kind of thing all the time as well and has done it multiple times in this thread alone too. Sad really. We're supposed to be better than that kind of thing. Jokes, insults, attacks etc.. why not grow up and act like a responsible adult and reply in a positive, contributing, adult way?

ATS is a great forum in my opinion but It's such a shame to see those kind of posts still hanging around here. We make this site what it is as a whole.. and it would be a damned shame and a waste to let it sink to that low kind of level, the GLP level let's say..

Anyway just giving my opinion on some of the replies here, that's all..

In regards to the OP, I think this post here says it really, really well.

Try not to let trolls get to you too much. Don't get mad, laugh, relax and reply in a talkative manner - Of course we all get mad still, it's just who we are, but just try not to get too mad and say something you'll regret if you can help it. Maybe take a break from time to time if needs be as well, It'll do you wonders of good. Etc. Etc.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Rising Against because: Replied to an actual member by mistake instead of a general post in reply to this thread as a whole.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I am sorry but posts like this make me laugh! This site is about putting forward your views and being prepared to argue the point (in a non aggressive way). You deny ignorance by challenging views and possibly changing them - including, at times, your own.

Therefore starting a rant about the site because people may argue against your beliefs would suggest that possibly this isn't the right place for you to be!

Accept people have differing opinions and move on.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

You are a sook! Just because people do not express themselves the same way as you or have a different opinion to you, you throw a "Hissy Fit"?

ATS is a democracy where anyone is free to express their opinion anyway they see fit as long as it is within the T&C.

Go. Do you actually think anybody cares? Stay if you please. Nobody is going to give a second thought no matter what you do.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mentalistbee

I laughed at "city boy smut".

But I understand where you're coming from OP..However, these smutty city boys are probably the minority, in the ATS community.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join