It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does mayweather use lidocaine?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
www.myboxingfans.com...

with all the talk from the floyd mayweather camp about manny pacquiao and performance enhancing drugs, one should look at floyd's use of lidocaine.

Lidocaine or the brand name Xylocaine is used to prevent pain. Some might label it as “performance enhancing” shots. Now this substance used before each fight does not enhance your speed or give you a steal chin but it dose numb your hand in to a point where you can’t feel the pain every time you land a punch so you can throw it a lot harder.

www.youtube.com...

i don't know for sure if mayweather injects stuff in his hands. but i hear the talk. if i were fighting him i would insist on no injections before the fight.

-subfab

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by subfab

If he is using it he should not be allowed to. The name of the game is dishing out and enduring the pain. Floyd has always had weak hands and this would give him an unfair advantage. No wonder he wants Paq tested so much, he knows what he does and is afraid that paq might have some tricks of his own.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Should be totally outlawed imo,having taken part in the sport before (gave it up 3 years ago) the whole aim is not just to fight but to endure as well,should this give him the numbness to be able to punch effectively beyond his body's threshold then he is using a drug to enhance his performance....no different than an athlete using drugs to push him/herself beyond their body's limit

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Its not illegal at all and most boxers use it towards the latter part of there career infact if manny was to insist on no use he might not be able to throw a punch either.......

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Little Floyd really doesn't need to use ped. He has the option to choose who he fights.
Any fighter who can choose who he fights, and only once or twice a year can retire undefeated and
never need ped's.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Prisoner60863

you have to earn the right to be able to fight 2 times a year and pick who you fight, people forget that for his first pro fight he got paid $750....................

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by theruthlessone

No professional Champion in any sport should be allowed to choose who they fight. That is the definition of being a true champ, ALL COMERS! Otherwise you are just acting like a champ.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
i agree with you all.

an athlete should not be allowed to use any type of drug before or during a fight.
a champion takes on all challengers. in the case of boxing, the champion should clean out his weight class. a great fighter moves up in weight and challenges the bigger guys. like roberto duran for example; he was a beast at light weight. he had to rely on his boxing skill at middle weight and higher to compete. a good guy and a great fighter. another example: henry armstrong; he almost had half of the belts. he owned three of the eight and almost had a fourth. he ended a middleweight fight to a draw and failed to get the fourth title. everytime floyd says he's the greatest of all time the words make me cringe.

one thing i like about miguel cotto is his willingness to fight all challengers. win or lose he earned my respect as a fan and as a pay per view subscriber. i will order the fight because i like cotto and respect his competitive spirit.

-subfab

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Who cares if he made 20 bucks his first fight or a million bucks his next fight, it only benefits him not you or me.
The game is rigged when your allowed to pick who you want to fight. I'm not blaming Floyd, he is only doing what they allow him to do. More power to him. Last night I saw Hagler vs. Hearns. Floyd ain't cut from the same cloth as those fighters. Let him have his fiat money.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
why who has he not fought....................?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Lidocaine is banned in nevada, this is just more regurgitated propaganda from the pactards. At one time it was okay to use in nevada but remember floyd was fighting all over the US until 2005 and it looks like the ban was in place in 2004.
www.boxingscene.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prisoner60863

The game is rigged when your allowed to pick who you want to fight.

it has always been that way, since the start of professional boxing.

join