It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sniffing Rosemary Makes You Smarter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Sniffing Rosemary Makes You Smarter
Gizmodo.com

A team of scientists from the University of Northumbria, UK, has discovered that one of the oils which gives rosemary its pungent scent improves speed and accuracy when performing certain mental tasks. Which means you definitely want to start cooking more herb-crusted lamb right about now.

To work that out, subjects were asked to complete numerical reasoning tests before and after being exposed to the scent of rosemary oil. The researchers then measured the levels of 1, 8-cineole, the main chemical constituent in rosemary's oil, after the experiments and compared it to the test scores. The higher the levels of 1, 8-cineole, the higher the score test. The research is reported in Therapeutic Advances in Psychopharmacology.

Well, so many jokes come to mind that I'll put myself in the corner.... sniffing rosemary oil...

Maybe it will help me make better ats post... doubtful though.

So modern medicine is rediscovery herbology? Great news!!!

Is there going to be an "Old wives tale" devision in the FDA?

I jest but it does make me happy that scientists are finally studying natural ways not just Rockerfeller control centric medicine. We need to switch to a paradigm of healing, not "managed care" which equals $ and control, not healing!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

I recommend looking into some essential oil companies. I have been using them for about a year now and I have found that lavender, theives, and lemon can pretty much 'cure' everything.
For instance I have been using theives to treat my bout of ringworm for 8 days now and it is almost gone.

try doTERRA or young living oils

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It can also result in a knee to the groin

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
You do realize that half of our "miracle science" these days is stuff we just rediscovered?

That ancient civilizations were using this stuff centuries before we ever thought to explore it?

Looks like we're finally growing up...unfortunately, we've decided that these marvelous new advancements are best suited in military applications!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I'll stick to eating fish. Real Fish is brain food

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by spadedjuggalette

Those Theives you are talking about, are they stealing your Ringworms? Are the thieves that are treating you doctors? Maybe I need to look up Thieves, every time I learn something I find I got more to learn.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
psst.. hey buddy.. Come here for a sec.. Shhh... I got this bottle of real special, concentrated 'Magic Carrot Oil'. It's a miracle. It really is. I'm an honest bunny, you can trust me. Really. It's just 3 low low payments of 19.95 and we throw in this container of Rosemary to sniff between doses of Carrot Oil.

Shh... don't tell anyone tho. Really.. It all makes ya smarter.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

i am huffing a rag full right now.

really though, i love that smell

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Not sure if it makes one 'smarter' but definitely more alert and therefore able to have greater reasoning capacity.

I love essential oils and have been using them for over 12 years. Although they are NOT as good an intervention for some disorders as medications are, they are still great to use in certain circumstances, for example, I have yet to come across anything that works better on first degree burns like a good pure lavender oil will. It's good to experiment with EO but also good to have your medicine cabinet to rely on as well.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Sniffing Rosemary can definitely make you smarter. If I sniffed Rosemary she would slap me silly, and I would definitely learn not to do it again. She's kinda cute when she's angry.

new topics

top topics

join