It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tokyo Radiation Level 25 Times the Fukushima Mandatory Evacuation Zone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

(San Francisco) Widely known Physicist Dr Paolo Scampa, the publisher of the EU AIPRI Blog and an eminent chemical physicist, announced today his latest calculations of deadly radioactivity in Tokyo itself. Both the nuclear regulatory and media responses have been missing in action.

www.veteranstoday.com...

Media responses missing in action, go figure, soon it will be the population of Tokyo that's missing in action. So sad it was such a fun place to visit and the people are very nice to the US tourist. They need to evacuate that city and help those people.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

I've always got one eye on this monster called Fukushima. I think we've boldly gone where no man has gone before. The truth seems to trickle out day-by-day and I still don't think we know the half of it.

fukushima-diary.com...

This place is another medium to major quake to ruining the eastern seaboard of Japan.

www.washingtonpost.com... xD0VfR_story.html

edit on 28-2-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The scariest part of this is the continued forward push to open even more Nuclear Facilities, sixteen in fact.
That entire country is basically a fault line, and they're currently facing the worst fallout crisis in history, and they want to build more reactors?

I'm having a tough time trying to fathom the kind of ignorance that plagues the "leaders" of this world. I think the citizens of every nation should get together and call for a vote of no confidence in these men and women who put their agendas against the well being of their people. And I'm not just talking about Japan, but America, Britain, Greece, Iran, Russia, China, Korea, France, everyone. They've managed to drag us to the edge of oblivion. I think we can do better.

edit on 28-2-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
With the Gulf Stream above and the Gulf Current Below, and the constant rain on the West Coast here, I'm sure we're also 25 X the evacuation zone in the Fraser Valley, BC. My sons are sick nonstop. Stomach upsets, diarrheas, sore throats, they have missed more than half a year school,and the teachers are mad at me, doctors are useless, they just treat it like a wierd never ending flu, I say radiation and they think thats nutty.

They should have evacuated the west coast of North Amercia!

Now, our PM is sitting so cool is he? Mr, let me tell you something, if my children don't start to improve we're going to the testing, you know the kind I mean and you will be in jail, and the premiere of the province, for yanking the radiation testing to Kamploops BC.

I am from the dry belt interior and can tell you, that less than 10 inches of percepitation a year, does make a difference. You are paid to serve and protect and if my sons don't get well then you will be exposed.

And we do take iodine drops much of the time.
edit on 28-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
So Mr Big Shots, in Canada, get land going in the interior and get everyone to yurts and all kind of decent quickly erected cob structures, including ALL THE HOMELESS and start to move the hospitals, like you jobs are. Not a request either.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
can anybody tell me what has happend to the workers who where at the plant when they where pumping water into it for months on end are they still alive or are they walking glow sticks i cant find anything when i google it i am over flowing with curiosity

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by McC556

I've had this in my head for the past two days. In trying to find the mortality rates for Toko and Japan, I came across this research link about the mortality from diesel fumes in Tokyo, published last June. I am not a member of the site (cannot afford any online purchases) There is also a paper available on wh megacities like Tokyo do not include the homeless in their disaster planning. Now I haven't seen the papers, but as a member of a conspiracy site, I did find both those titles quite intruiging.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Op. Article can't be correct
or our Information is much different, have a look:

The IRSN said the main radioactivity leaks occurred between March 12-25 in about 15 incidents, “of which the biggest probably took place before March 15.”

It gave a provisional estimate that 408 peta-becquerels, or 408 million billion becquerels, of radioactive iodine had been emitted into the air. This was 10 times lower than in the 1986 Chernobyl disaster in Ukraine, the world's worst nuclear accident.

The iodine releases posed a sharp but temporary hazard as the element quickly decays. A bigger problem, the IRSN said, was caesium-137, a long-lasting element which takes around 30 years to decay to half its level of radioactivity.

Cesium of all kinds released at Fukushima was estimated by the agency at 58 peta-becquerels, or three times less than Chernobyl. Cesium 137 accounted for 21 peta-becquerels.

Of around 24,000 square kilometers (9,200 square miles) of land contaminated by cesium 137, only 600 sq km (230 sq miles) breached a safety threshold of 600,000 becquerels per square meter, the IRSN said.

This, again, was only a fraction of the territory contaminated by cesium after Chernobyl.

www.chinapost.com.tw...

And i needed to laugh a lot,
first to see Fuku-Diary as a Source for Veterans Today and finally for this:

PS. Veteran's Today. Leuren Moret & Chris Busby

There is No-One who think that both are good Workers

I always got a pitiful Smile when i mentioned both!
edit on 29-2-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

This just released fifteen minutes ago:

A mind-boggling 40,000 trillion becquerels of radioactive cesium, or twice the amount previously thought, may have spewed from the crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant after the March 11 disaster, scientists say.

Michio Aoyama, a senior researcher at the Meteorological Research Institute, released the finding at a scientific symposium in Tsukuba, Ibaraki Prefecture, on Feb. 28. [...]

It was calculated on the basis of radioactive content of seawater sampled at 79 locations in the north Pacific and is thought to more accurately reflect reality than previous simulation results. [...]

While the latest study said 15-20 quadrillion becquerels of cesium-137 was released into the atmosphere, the Japan Atomic Energy Agency estimated the amount at 8.8 quadrillion becquerels. [...]

Source
edit on 29-2-2012 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
has anyone mentioned that the enenews.com site was down? it's back up and running as of right now, but it's been on and off for me yesterday and today. "they" clearly don't like the recent info released about our future death.
edit on 29-2-2012 by MadMaxZombie because: false info

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadMaxZombie
has anyone mentioned that the enenews.com site was down? it's back up and running as of right now, but it's been on and off for me yesterday and today. "they" clearly don't like the recent info released about our future death.
edit on 29-2-2012 by MadMaxZombie because: false info

Maybe the Administrator is just plain Stupid

@ Topic,

i checked already a few Places

And via the Side Menu you can watch countless other People who do the same here in Tokyo,
or just look for: Radiation, Japan, Tokyo!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by McC556
can anybody tell me what has happend to the workers who where at the plant when they where pumping water into it for months on end are they still alive or are they walking glow sticks i cant find anything when i google it i am over flowing with curiosity

Press Release (Feb 29,2012) Status of exposure dose evaluation for the workers at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station

www.tepco.co.jp...

At the Bottom you can see a Pdf,
everything is listed!
Everything?

Hmmmmmmm ... .............................
For a little bit of knowledge this is in my Opinion okay!

BBC also showed this Documentary last Weekend:

BBC This World 2012 Inside the Meltdown

www.youtube.com...

Cant embed this Video, sumimasen o kudasai

edit on 1-3-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

awsome thanks for the intel im going to look a little more into what you showed me

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
My sons are sick nonstop. Stomach upsets, diarrheas, sore throats, they have missed more than half a year school,and the teachers are mad at me, doctors are useless,

[SNIP]

And we do take iodine drops much of the time.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Um, www.overdosesymptoms.com...

An iodine overdose can bring a number of different symptoms.

•Abdominal pain
•Delirium
•Coughing
•Diarrhea
•Metallic taste
•Fever
•Throat pain
•Mouth pain
•No urine output
•Shock seizures
•Stupor
•Shortness of breath
•Vomiting
•Thirst

Have you considered that it may be the excess iodine which is causing their ill health rather than the possible radiation you're worried about? I appreciate the gesture and I agree with the idea that this is a very serious problem for Western North America which is largely being ignored and swept under the rug by a system of governments that are liars and theives. However, knowledge is power... you may be unintentionally doing serious damage by taking excess iodine when there isn't enough radioactive iodine in the area to warrant it. Further, iodine supplementation only works when there is radioactive iodine present, which is usually in the first week of a containment breach (it has a very short half life as isotopes go). Please, do some research and consider alternatives to protect you and yours.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

top topics

join