It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: Enemies will face "rainy day" weapons

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I am flattered by your attention to my post...... BUT, I would look at the current situation a little closer sir.

For your enjoyment 2-21-12
www.dvidshub.net...

No apology necessary. They did not make the combat ready announcement very public.
edit on 28-2-2012 by ScarletWitch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I do appreciate the input thus far, I would like to attempt to steer the conversation back towards what “hidden” weapons Iran could possess that could threaten anyone they deemed hostile.

We should take into account several things:
-Currently technological development of weapon systems in Iran
-Types of weapons that a nation would be comfortable using on its own soil in a defensive fashion
-Weapons they could release abroad?
-Current military budget?
-Their policy on using certain types of weapons? (Eg. Biochemical)

With the reports of current infiltration by Israeli and western spies within the regime, could their be actually any hidden “rainy day” weapons that have not be known about?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I don't know how much reliability people put in Wikipedia, but I thought I'd post the link to this subject.

Iran is not known to currently possess weapons of mass destruction (WMD) and has signed treaties repudiating the possession of weapons of mass destruction including the Biological Weapons Convention,[1] the Chemical Weapons Convention,[2] and the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT).[3] Over 100,000 Iranian troops and civilians were victims of chemical weapons during the 1980s Iran–Iraq War.[4][5] On ideological grounds, a public and categorical religious decree (fatwa) against the development, production, stockpiling and use of nuclear weapons has been issued by the supreme leader of the Islamic Republic Ali Khamenei along with other clerics,[6][7] .[13]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I would not be surprised if Iran has one of the "lost" nukes. BUT, Iran is also known to dabble with chemical weapons. The leadership of Iran loves to mix words and lay hints in their announcements.

I definitely do not want the US drug into any conflict with Iran, but Iranian leadership has already placed the blame on the US regardless of who attacks.

I know that many people think that a single nuke will destroy Israel. They would be mistaken. I single nuke will not completely destroy Israel. Israel will then completely flatten Iran. The suitcase nukes lost after the collapse of the Soviet Union, only carry roughly a 2 kiloton yield.

They will be simply poking the bee's nest at that point.

If the Israeli's are ignorant enough to attack, I picture the "Then we will fight in the shade" moment from the movie 300. Lebanese, Egyptian, Iranian and Syrian rockets and missiles blocking the sun..

Either way, it is going to be a battle for the ages.... No winners, only 3 eyed losers.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ScarletWitch

Explanation: St*rred!

But it looks like a propaganda piece from Holloman Air Force Base Public Affairs Office

And mentions nothing about the fixing of F22's Oxygen issues!

Personal Disclosure: Nice try but I will need a 2ndry independant source linked to feel that is credible! Can you provide a 2nd independant source to back that claim?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Ill get right back on topic, but I also have some inside knowledge. My best friends husband is in the 422nd.

Iran is gonna make it rain!!! Missiles, or simply a flow-rida fan.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I think Iran will unleash the "rain from above" in the form of laser beams from the well-know iranian motherships currently hidden behind the moon.

If this won't be enough, Iran will send a mesage in subspace, calling for help from Klingon Empire and Romulans.

I don't know, but US and Israel are insane ! How can they even posibly think to defeat the cloaked klingonian and rolmulan battleships that will instantly back Iran?
Guys, cut the crap.F22's ? Really ? The super light speed iranians boats that also can fly will kick some serious ass.Iran is extremely powerful, they can kneel the entire humanity.

They just don't want to...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScarletWitch
reply to post by Shadowalker

I often wonder, if people that offer the "research" option, have done so themselves.

Can you and I play a game? Ok, good!

I'll be The Captain of a US super carrier. You can be the entire country of Iran.

Step 1: I launch 30 F22's armed to the hilt
Step 2: Game over

Step 3: Receive my award for being the first female captain of a super carrier, to completely annihilate an entire country in less than 24 hours.

It was nice playing with you. Have a good day.

You think a "US super carrier" can do that. It takes more than that...
edit on 28-2-2012 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

By the way.

Step 1: I launch a massive salvo of missiles toward your carrier fleet.
Step 2: Announce the capabilites. Bye bye NATO.
Step 3. Make public announcment. If you attack again I nuke all american bases in the middle east and then some.
edit on 28-2-2012 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
"Iran can checkmate enemies’ moves: defense minister" (Sounds like a game, doesn't it?)

tehrantimes.com...

“As our defense is independent and is based on defense policies and doctrines that are unique to us… the United States will definitely experience a completely new atmosphere when it comes to dealing with new issues that Iran is pursuing and will be compelled to figure out how to handle the new atmosphere,” he added.

The measures that U.S. officials have been taking show that they have adopted a passive stance in the face of Iran’s military plans, Vahidi stated, adding, “Of course, they will not be able to get to this point (the Strait of Hormuz) because we have not demonstrated our full potential and have not put forward all issues.

The Islamic Republic of Iran has many things to say which it has kept secret for the hour of need.”

Many things to SAY?

Are we going to have a war on words now?

Didn't Iran threaten to release information from a letter that Obama wrote them? Something they claimed would make Americans turn against him and expose him for who he really was? What? Are we going to find out from Iran that Obama's Muslim?

In seriousness, it sounds like whatever it is that they're holding back has something to do with blocking the Strait of Hormuz.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Recollector
I don't know, but US and Israel are insane !

We agree on this.
Since Iran has never taken a agressive position towards another country in centuries, their Military is one of an entire Defensive position.
Ask a Vietnam Vet how much fun it was taking over a dug in enemy, even with Air superiority, and massive Barrage weapons.
Iran will not be the usual US enemy, weak and defenceless.
Might be a good time to invest in US coffin companies and Flag makers, to drape them with.
edit on 28-2-2012 by Tw0Sides because: drape sp

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
That deputy minester of defense guy says some crazy stuff. Kinda like me when in a dark alley confronted by muggers. " I have a gun, don't make me pull it out, its really big."

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
No wonder Iran sees the U.S. as weak.

Here's some insight into that letter that Obama sent Iran.

"Details of Obama’s Letter to Iran Released: Obama Says “US Will Not Take Hostile Action Against Iran”"
(January 19, 2012)

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

He went on to say that Obama uttered threats in the first part of the letter and talked about friendship and negotiation in the second part.

edit on 28-2-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I don't mind biological weapons that can be combatted by umbrellas. But could they please send some of those clouds of rain over to the dry parts of this planet? I heard people are starving. I don't know if their god is big on that or not...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
No wonder Iran sees the U.S. as weak.

Here's some insight into that letter that Obama sent Iran.

"Details of Obama’s Letter to Iran Released: Obama Says “US Will Not Take Hostile Action Against Iran”"
(January 19, 2012)

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

He went on to say that Obama uttered threats in the first part of the letter and talked about friendship and negotiation in the second part.

edit on 28-2-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

I would be amazed if you can find one informed Iranian who thinks that the US is weak. Do you yourself think Iran's power is comprable to the US's?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
rant*
What happens when you corner a frightened animal and poke it with a stick? Seriously Iran has not attacked any country in centuries. Who cares if they have nuclear capabilities. I think the whole world has more to worry about and spend money on then picking fights with Iran. It really is a beautiful place. Do a search for images of Iran. You may be impressed by what you find.
*rant
These "Rainy Day" weapons sounds to me like they are trying to be punny. We all know weather modification is possible, and really nasty weather in a straight that has been mined previously has the potential to be a big problem for any Naval capabilities.
What do I know, I'm just a test subject.........

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by OldCurmudgeon
.. and Iran certainly wouled be "THE WRONG HANDS"...

No offense sir, but who has the "right hands" for these types of weapons?

If Iran has them already , like many believe , and they haven't used them yet, doesn't that speak volumes?

Why don't we back off our invasive troop positions, and leave this country alone.

No offense taken and respecfully, on this point we then must agree to disagree Sir? Madame?. I fully support your right to an opinion.
However, I persoanlly believe thru historical source information, and apparently as does Russia that Iran is in fact unstable and the 'wrong hands'.
My observations, education and research all points to the fact that Iran/Persian history is that of a perpetual agressor to all in the area and an arch enemy of Israel and any country which is not muslim, and requiring little if any reason to attack another region.
Coupling this with the fact that Iran has for many years now financially and otherwise supported the terrorist organizations Hamas and Hezzbollah, that we know of, in their terrorist activities you certainly add to this continuing history of agression.
Stir into this stew of historical fact that over the past few years the few religously zealous individuals who seem to be in a majority of control in Iran have continually and openly promoted the destruction of Israel and the US.
I also believe Iran has made same, rash, likely improbable threats against England and others too.
I say to all who rant, "but Iran has attacked no one", this is untrue by Itan's support of various terrorists organizations.
I am on record having said many times, "I wish with all my heart and mind" I could believe Iran's intentions were "live and let live", but to employ the same logic many use constantly against the US, 'everyone lies'.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Is Iran talking about their flying boats again? Geez WTF is wrong with these folks? I mean sure its "unconventional" but come on!!!

www.youtube.com...
edit on 28-2-2012 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
It is blowing my mind how many people here are trying to interpret the saying "rainy day weapons" as literal. I hope you are all being sarcastic.

I am sure they are just referring to anti aircraft weapons, missiles, and etc that are in storage.

edit on 28-2-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
It is blowing my mind how many people here are trying to interpret the saying "rainy day weapons" as literal. I hope you are all being sarcastic.

I am sure they are just referring to anti aircraft weapons, missiles, and etc that are in storage.

Nice catch, I thought about trying to correct that notion myself, but the hatred brain washed into these people runs deep.

Rainy day means "things held back, for a speacil occasion".

Not some cloud 9 HAARP machine, which couldn't heat a cup of coffee anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join